Profile for Ms. I. Danso > Reviews

Content by Ms. I. Danso

Ms. I. Danso "travelbug" (UK/CH)

Page: 1 | 2
Stop Bedwetting in 7 Days - A simple step-by-step guide to help children conquer bedwetting problems in just a few days.
by Alicia Eaton

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe works combined with other methods+children over 7?, 3 Mar 2012
I've tried this book dedicatedly for a month with my 5 year old son and the results are pretty disappointing; especially considering how motivated we are and how much time we've spent working through and repeating the exercises. It's been good fun doing the pictures, experiments and learning about how the body works- he especially enjoys the recording and can repeat it word for word, better than I can! It simply hasn't really made any difference to his bedwetting (which he's done everyday since birth/ I can remember). He's outgoing, has no self-esteem issues etc and isn't upset by the fact he wets the bed, which I'm relieved about. Maybe if he were older and felt more embarrassed by bedwetting, it would work or in combination with other techniques? He's also a deep sleeper, so maybe I should try an alarm instead/ as well, which I haven't done so far. After a month of washing sheets everyday I think it's time to admit it's not the right method for us.

You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true...

Mastering Arabic 1 and CD Pack
Mastering Arabic 1 and CD Pack
by Jane Wightwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Package for learning Arabic, 3 Mar 2012
Straight forward explanations and great balance between grammar, conversation and reference tools. Makes it easy to break down progress into bite sized steps. With CDs is all you need to learn basic Arabic- if only I had more spare time or self-discipline!

6 Packs of Dinosaur Mini Glitter Stickers - Party Loot Bag Fillers
6 Packs of Dinosaur Mini Glitter Stickers - Party Loot Bag Fillers
Offered by Parteaz

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice stocking or party bag filler, 3 Mar 2012
A nice stocking or party bag filler- unisex and no sugar rush. Presented nicely so easy to pop a sheet in a bag.

Mastering Arabic 1 Activity Book
Mastering Arabic 1 Activity Book
by Jane Wightwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great course, 3 Mar 2012

30 Minute Kids' Cakes: Decorate Kids' Cakes in 30 Minutes or Less
30 Minute Kids' Cakes: Decorate Kids' Cakes in 30 Minutes or Less
by Sara Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Love everything about this book, 13 Nov 2011
I've had this book for a couple of years and refer to it over and over again; the cover doesn't look much, but it's a real understated gem.

I rarely can be bothered to write reviews, but having bought several 'easy' books kids party cake like books which are super complicated and collecting dust, I have to emphasise, this modest looking book is worth every penny. Especially, if you're a beginner decorator or want to have a cake decorated in an hr or so.

Everything about it is great, the illustrations are helpful, you don't need loads of random cake decorating equipment, the process is well explained, the designs have lots of cake and not just zillions of intricate sugarpaste models, it has lots of simple ideas for beginners, which look really effective, but the designs can also be easily interpreted to something more complicated if you wish.... I also love that it comes with reliable recipes for victoria sponge, Madeira cake, doubling quantities of different butter icing flavours etc. It's fun and an excellent reference tool.

No, I'm not related to the author, but can only praise this book.

50 Easy Party Cakes
50 Easy Party Cakes
by Debbie Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of ideas- but only 'easy' for experts, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: 50 Easy Party Cakes (Paperback)
I have never bought one of Brown's books, so thought it had lots of great ideas RE topics for children's cakes. The photos are also beautiful and the process is also clearly explained, so it's a great coffee table book. However, these are by no means 'easy' designs if you're new to cake decorating. They require quite a lot of cake decorating equipment, experience of various techniques with sugar paste and lots of time- as a novice I'd say at least 3 hours per cake, excluding baking and preparing the cake board! I find the examples in '30min Kids Cakes by Sarah Lewis' much easier to copy...

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

3.0 out of 5 stars nice coffee table read, great ideas- too much pasta!, 3 Oct 2011
I find it a nice coffee table book as it has lots of great ideas, but a few too many pasta dishes. Structure gives it a practical, hands on feel and makes it more interesting to read if you're a fan of the Jamie Oliver narrative. However, less hands on and practical is the number of kitchen appliances he uses to get things done quicker, they'd never all fit in one dishwasher load and you might well need to buy masses of new kitchen storage to put it in!

Tractor (Wheelie Board Books)
Tractor (Wheelie Board Books)
by DK DK
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A top quality, informative, must have, 11 Aug 2011
My sons have always loved this, the younger one since before they could talk. It's top quality and has very realistic photos, which makes car journeys more fun as the kids recognise the different equipment. I like the fact it uses real technical language but in simple sentences children can repeat. We've had it for 2 years and my 2 and 4 year old sound like engineers! Plus you can drive it like a car- what more could you ask for?! Great gift for friends.

Christmas with Nat King Cole
Christmas with Nat King Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Best compilation I've come across, 11 Aug 2011
I looked for this when I left home as it's by far the best NKC compilation I've come across. Sound quality is crystal clear and it has a couple of less popular festive hits in his unique tones, eg. oh tannenbaum in German and the little boy that santa forgot...

Fire Engine (Wheelie Board Books)
Fire Engine (Wheelie Board Books)
by DK DK
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 11 Aug 2011
i love this range of books on wheels. It uses technical words in very simple sentences and the photos are very realistic, just like on the street- my sons repeat bits and sound like engineers at 3 years!

Page: 1 | 2