Profile for James Loscombe > Reviews

Content by James Loscombe

James Loscombe

Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success)
Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to fiction writing and publishing yet, 8 Dec 2013
As a big fan of the Self Publishing Podcast I've been anticipating this book for weeks and now that it's finally here it more than lives up to its promise. If you write fiction and you want to make money out of it then you need to buy this book. The ebook is great but I will be ordering the paperback as well so I can make notes and highlights.

Lethal People (A Donovan Creed Novel Book 1)
Lethal People (A Donovan Creed Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Racing, 1 Aug 2011
I feel as if I'm late to the party in finding John Locke and the Donovan Creed series although a quick look at the publication date of this book suggests he has only been publishing since 2009. I'm not sure why I waited so long before sampling the first (Lethal People) but I'm glad I finally did.

Lethal People introduces us to Locke's anti-hero Donovan Creed as he finds himself investigating a house fire that has killed two parents and one of their children, leaving the other physically scarred for life. Along the way the counter-terrorism assassin finds himself in the employ of a billionaire midget, being hunted by a powerful gangster and in pursuit of a woman who isn't gorgeous but is adorable.

Locke would be the first to admit that this is not high literature but it is filled with plenty of plot twists and heaps of memorable characters. It's a lot like reading a very well made action film and a times I actually found my heart racing.

Having finished the book in just two days I'm now going to have to ration the remaining titles in the series. If you are a fan of high-octane thrills and VERY black humour then you really should give this book a try.

In Cold Blood (Vintage International)
In Cold Blood (Vintage International)
Price: 5.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Outstanding, 12 July 2011
Truman Capote writes such beautiful prose that I would have happily read this book even if nothing happened in it. Fortunately that wasn't the case and his non-fiction novel about the murder of the Clutter family in Kansas 1959 is full of surprises. The people in it are beautifully realised seems to be a rare thing in non-fiction. I can't recommend this highly enough.

The Hand of Andulain (The Tapestry Saga Book 1)
The Hand of Andulain (The Tapestry Saga Book 1)
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic start to the saga, 25 Jun 2011
High-fantasy isn't a genre that I usually read but I have been reading Aaron Mahnke's blog for some time and thought I would give it a go and I'm very glad I did. The characters are fun and the locations are vividly brought to life. The premise is intriguing and the plot moves along at a brisk pace that will keep you reading until you find out whether Bran and co. survive to the end of their first quest. Give it a go, you'll be glad you did.

TeckNet iPod Touch 4G Leather Case Pack - Black Leather Case + 2 x Screen Protectors for New Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation - 8GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by TECKNET
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 2 Dec 2010
This case is really good value for money. The leather is of a good quality and inside my iPod is secure. Arrived really quickly as well.