Profile for Rubydoo > Reviews

Rock on
Rock on
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Rock on (Audio CD)
Love this album - not a single dud track and unlike some singers Del's voice just got better and better which makes it even sadder that he left us too early when he still had so much talent as a singer and songwriter. Fave tracks are Walk Away ( thanks to youtube I now appreciate the slapping thighs credit in the sleeve notes for this track - see Del Shannon making of an album),Who Left Who, I go to Pieces and What Kind of Fool Do you think I am? although ask me on another day and it would probably be different tracks as they are all so good. It is a excellent final album from a great and very underrated singer and the final track the unfinished demo Songwriter is incredibly poignant to listen to.
Quite simply just BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Where The Girls Are 8
Where The Girls Are 8
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite in the series so far, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Where The Girls Are 8 (Audio CD)
Love this album, great collection of songs most of which I hadn't already got, personal favourites are Sandy Borden Deeper , Diane Christian Why don't the boy leave me alone and the great Charlotte O'Hara What about you, only one minor criticism and that is I would have preferred a couple more obscurities rather than The Bonnets and Carol Connors tracks which although they are great tracks they have already been available on other releases.

Breaking Point
Breaking Point

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab track, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Breaking Point (MP3 Download)
I have had this song as an original 45 single for several years but haven't had a record player to play it on for ages so was really pleased to find it as a download. It is an obscure but first class example of girl group pop

Taking That Long Walk Home
Taking That Long Walk Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely oldie, 10 Oct 2013
Lovely song that I have been trying to track down for ages, the singer was a member of the great girl group The Cookies and this is an ultra rare solo release.

Paint It Black (Marie Douceur, Marie Colère)
Paint It Black (Marie Douceur, Marie Colère)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternate version, 10 Oct 2013
I'm not a big fan of the Rolling Stones but Paint it Black is one of their songs I love and this version is also great though it might not appeal to everyone