Profile for Biggles > Reviews

Biggles

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner
Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars ... the first time this week and I am quite pleased so far, 13 Feb. 2015
Have just used it for the first time this week and I am quite pleased so far! Started with the bathroom floor and it didn't seem to be wetting it much but soon got used to it, you need to keep pressing the steam switch. The water tank is a bit fiddly to fill, you need a funnel and it's difficult to empty, in fact it doesn't empty completely and so it is on the kitchen window sill so it doesn't drip but I will persevere with it. Have a feeling that it is one of those gadgets that you use a lot at first then it gets relegated - we'll see - only time will tell. It can be used as a hand held steamer so I will be interested to see how it cleans bathroom tiles, etc.

The Silversmith's Wife
The Silversmith's Wife

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many characters and I found it a bit boring, couldn't wait to get it finished, 13 Feb. 2015
Read this book as a book club member and wasn't for me. Too many characters and I found it a bit boring, couldn't wait to get it finished.

Bring Me Home
Bring Me Home

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Bring Me Home (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It is set in the highlands of Scotland. It's not great literature just a good feel good read with quite a few sad moments and quite a few surprises. I have read a number of Alan's books and this is one of the best I think.

Tales of a Cruise Ship
Tales of a Cruise Ship

3.0 out of 5 stars Tales of a cruise ship, 26 Feb. 2014
I saw this advertised in the U3A magazine, and, as I am a member, thought it would be interesting to read, especially as it concerns the Fred Olsen fleet of cruise ships. It is written by the wife of the ship's doctor and, yes, it is quite interesting but I would have preferred more amusing anecdotes from "behind the scenes" and less of the travelogue. I did enjoy reading it though it's a fairly short book. There were some photos in it but I got it on my Kindle and they weren't very clear.

Kipling Women's ELIZEA Shoulder Bag  Red Rot (Port Red) Size: 29x31x11 cm (B x H x T)
Kipling Women's ELIZEA Shoulder Bag Red Rot (Port Red) Size: 29x31x11 cm (B x H x T)

4.0 out of 5 stars My Kipling bag (with monkey!, 10 Feb. 2014
I am very pleased with my first Kipling bag. It is just the right size and plenty of zipped compartments for all my stuff so I can carry my umbrella and it will fit my Kindle in and all the usual stuff. It will be great for holidays too. I love the colour, a lovely change from black or brown. I would have given it 5 stars but the zips are a tiny bit stiff so only a small gripe. I also thought the price was good as I had seen them in local department store at twice the price!

The Age Of Innocence [DVD] [2001]
The Age Of Innocence [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Daniel Day-Lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars The Age of Innocence, 23 Dec. 2013
I bought this DVD because I had read the book and found it quite difficult in places especially the language given that it is set in the 1870's New York.However, I enjoyed the film and to my surprise it stuck to the story even down to the same ending which is quite a surprise so, yes, a good film and having read the book I was probably able to understand it better. Not sure if I would have found it as good if I hadn't read the book first though. The acting was good though the character of May Welland I thought could have been better cast (she wasn't how I had imagined her)

Reflection
Reflection

5.0 out of 5 stars Reflection by Diane Chamberlain, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Reflection (Kindle Edition)
I love her books and this one didn't disappoint though I could see from the start how the story was going and had a good idea what was to happen. I don't want to give the story away but it is basically about a woman who returns to her home town which she left after a tragedy which she was involved in. Maybe I have read so many of her books that this didn't grip me as much as the earlier ones I read but nevertheless a good read.

Dear Life
Dear Life

2.0 out of 5 stars Dear Life by Alice Munro, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dear Life (Kindle Edition)
This book was chosen as the book club choice of which I am a member. I found it very difficult to get into, probably because it is a series of short stories but linked in a way I found that I couldn't remember what I had read from the day before and as I was reading it on my Kindle I was constantly looking at the bar at the bottom to see how much I had to endure before the end! Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid. As it was our book club choice I'm not sure how we are even going to discuss it - what is there to say!

Frontline Spot On Cat 6 Pipettes
Frontline Spot On Cat 6 Pipettes
Offered by VetePet

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontline spot on cat, 13 July 2013
I have two cats and they get a dose of this about every 6 weeks in summer, it is very expensive to buy at the vets and also at the pharmacy, it was delivered very quickly and I am quite satisfied with my purchase!

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Before I Go To Sleep, 27 May 2013
I loved this book. I found it quite frightening and the ending was not what I thought it would be, quite a surprise. It gives you food for thought. Could the events really happen? Actually I thought there was a slight weakness in the plotlines, some things didn't ring true when I really thought about it but it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3