Profile for CE > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
River Deep - Mountain High
River Deep - Mountain High

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality recording, 26 Sept. 2015
Song is fantastic, but the recording is very poor. Bad form from Amazon charging the same price as a new song, and with no way to get a refund.

Rolson Tools 61770 72 LED Camping Light
Rolson Tools 61770 72 LED Camping Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Average device, 24 Sept. 2015
Amount of light produced is good (used inside a tent at night), but within a few days two LEDs had failed completely and a third was blinking intermittently.

Sadly I was, by that time, beyond the point where I could return it.

The Puppy Listener
The Puppy Listener

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 17 Jun. 2015
So many good reviews lead me to buy this book. I read it completely in a few hours and found very little useful content. The explanation about facial expressions is interesting, but there is a lot of very debatable content. The authors view on neutering is concerning; I took it as an attempt to guilt me into not doing it. Her example, of an appropriate situation to neuter: a dog for a disabled person who can't spare him or her during the healing process. Great advice! And what if I simply don't want my girl to get pregnant or drive every male dog in the surrounding area crazy during her seasons. Most disappointing was the section on the first walk. Now bear in India this is a puppy going for its first walk outside... the author's advice to prevent pulling: "call the puppy to heal"! So how on earth does the puppy know what" heal" means? I assume she is suggesting that you wouldn't have taken the dog for a walk until it had learned to walk to heal. We'll that seems a little chicken and egg to me, and in my experience with my puppy, utterly unrealistic. Overall not impressed

Massive Oslo Outdoor Wall Light Stainless Steel (Requires 1 x 60 Watts E27 Bulb, with PIR Motion Sensor)
Offered by FirstChoiceLightingOutlet

2.0 out of 5 stars Attractive... but not bright, 13 Dec. 2013
These lights look nice when fitted (very modern), but even with an 80 watt equivalent energy saving bulb they just do not kick out enough light. Sadly I will need either have to replace them or add an additional spotlight.

Draper 88797 Carbon Steel Lawn Edger
Draper 88797 Carbon Steel Lawn Edger

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within 30 mins medium/heavy use, 4 Aug. 2013
I was using this item to clear a strip of lawn to bed down a run of block paving. My usage was to dig down into the soil and then lever the clod of earth upwards and out of the way. Now maybe I have misunderstood how it should be used and perhaps it is intended only for the downwards cutting motion, rather than the levering motion, but in any case the steel head fractured and broke clean away.

If you want to get one, I would suggest you use it only for the cutting action and resort to a good quality straight edged garden spade to do the levering upwards of the earth you cut away.

In terms of its ability to cut into the soil, I found it perfectly sharp enough.

Master Class Small Stainless Steel Fine-Mesh Sieve / Tea Strainer, 7.5 cm (3")
Master Class Small Stainless Steel Fine-Mesh Sieve / Tea Strainer, 7.5 cm (3")

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a "Fine" Sieve at All, 24 Jan. 2012
I had specifically looked out for a fine sieve, as in a finer mesh than every other sieve you can buy.

This sieve is advertised as "fine" but to me it is exactly the same as every other sieve I have owned.

Now I don't claim to be an expert in sieve fine-ness, but if you're going to advertise something as "fine" then surely that is what you would expect??

Ah well, back to lining a my existing sieve with kitchen paper!

Bury My Knee At Wounded Heart
Bury My Knee At Wounded Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Something a Little Different to Stand Out From the Crowd, 22 Aug. 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and really recommend it. The dialogue is clever and witty, and the author's unique style kept me hooked.

The attention to detail is wonderful and I really felt I was part of Martin's life, travelling on his journey alongside him and his unusual rabble of friends, each of them introduced as if you were meeting them for real. I don't want to say any more as it might spoil the story, so try it for yourself.

I have not come across this author before, and I truly hope we will see more of him.

Medion Akoya E1222 (Windows 7, 40 GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Starter, 1GB RAM)
Medion Akoya E1222 (Windows 7, 40 GB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Starter, 1GB RAM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Netbook, 29 May 2010
I am rather stunned by the first review (by Luke Cornier) of this fantastic Netbook and like Lazarus, felt compelled to write another review to give a more balanced opinion.

First a message to Luke: This is a "Netbook"; it is for browsing the Internet, not playing games. If you want a games machine you need a powerful processor, lots of memory and a dedicated graphics card. And as for if having no CD drive, just where do you think they are going to put it? The whole thing is not much bigger than a CD drive for goodness sake!!

Now I have got that off my chest lets get on with the review. If you are looking for a small, highly portable computer that you can take anywhere with you then this offers a great deal. Bear in mind that there are lots of newer Netbooks that will have newer technology, however this one comes with a very useful amount of hard drive space and nice quick processor and for me the most important part a Wireless N network adapter built in. That was the bit that swung it for me as I am now able to stream music and video to it from anywhere in my house, without any lag... perfect.

As Lazarus mantioned, this Netbook is actually based on the MSI Wind (a fantastic and very well-reviewed Netbook) but comes at a much lower price. I slipped an extra GB of RAM into mine giving me the maximum 2GB and it is a little flyer.

All in all a great Netbook at a very good price.

Acer Aspire 6530G 16-inch Laptop, AMD Turion X2 RM-72, Vista Home Premium, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 512MB, Blu-ray Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive Laptop, 28 May 2010
This was my first laptop, and I did a great deal of research before buying it. Fortunately I was not let down at all; it has proved to be a very capable and useful machine.

One of the main things I looked for was the Blu-ray player, and this has definitely been one of the biggest plus points for me. It plays beautifully, and even better I can connect it up to my main telly via HDMI.

For day to day use it handles everything I can throw at it, including video editing and playing graphics intensive games. The processor is nice and quick, and with 4GB of RAM there is never any lag or waiting around.

I am not a fan of Windows Vista, so I took that off and installed Windows 7, which was very easy to do, and is just so nice to use.

I would recommend that on first booting it up you spend a while uninstalling all the extra software pre-installed by Acer, (I do wish they would load so much rubbish on as it as just slows everything down). If you don't the laptop will not run as quickly as it is capable of doing and you might end up unnecessarily disappointed.

All in all a great laptop that I would have no hesitation in recommending

Drop Shipping For Sellers: A Complete Guide To Making Money On eBay Without The Risk
by Lloyd J. Boone

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and very little content, 30 Mar. 2009
This book really has very little information about drop shipping; I would say that you could condense down the useful content into about 10 pages.

Ironically the author rattles on for page after page about rip-off companies who will try to sell you a list of bogus drop-shipping companies, but he himself is busy ripping off anyone who buys this book, by charging an extortionate fee for so little information.

Overall very dissapointing and of little or no use.

Page: 1 | 2