Profile for Robert Mckenzie > Reviews

Content by Robert Mckenzie

Robert Mckenzie (Athens, Greece)

Revell Ju 52/3m Gift Set
Revell Ju 52/3m Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge model of vintage plane, 3 April 2016
This review is from: Revell Ju 52/3m Gift Set (Toy)
I have been looking for this model for a while. Think I found the last available in Europe on Amazon. Fantastic.

Redber Old Brown Java, Coffee Roasted to Order (Dark, Beans) (1kg)
Redber Old Brown Java, Coffee Roasted to Order (Dark, Beans) (1kg)
Offered by Redber

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimme a cuppa Java !, 3 April 2016
This is an excellent coffee.

Vallejo Model Air 200 ml Airbrush Cleaner
Vallejo Model Air 200 ml Airbrush Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars It Cleans!, 3 April 2016
Excellent product

Modelcraft 17 ml 1-Piece Dropper Bottles
Modelcraft 17 ml 1-Piece Dropper Bottles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 3 April 2016
These bottles were ideal for my modelling needs.

A Foreign Field
A Foreign Field
by Ben Macintyre

4.0 out of 5 stars An Untold Story, 23 April 2010
This review is from: A Foreign Field (Paperback)
I came to this book, as a story about the First World War I'd never heard about. Ben MacIntyre's book gives a vivid account of the fate of four soldiers left behind enemy lines at the beginning of the conflict.
I have to say, I thought his writing style could have been better in this book. I have read some of his later work, and you can see that he has improved over time. This may also have to do with the research material he had available to work from. Little is written about this episode, and a lot of the information came from first or second hand accounts of people who lived at the time.
Having said all that, I really enjoyed the book, and the story. What was most fascinating was the detective work that comes at the end of the book. I won't reveal what it is about as that will give things away.
For anyone interested in the early 20th Century history, this is a great read. It has made me want to visit the places in the book to experience the landscape first hand.