Profile for sukyrogers > Reviews

Content by sukyrogers

sukyrogers (UK)

Christmas Decorations to Cut, Fold & Stick (Usborne Activities) (Decorations to Make)
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars "Amazing", 30 Nov 2012
I bought this book for my daughters, aged 10 and 7, and they absolutely love it. I have just ordered 3 more - two for presents and an extra one for my family! From a mum's point of you, this book is fabulous. So many art and craft projects that are aimed at children involve hours of input from a parent (which in my view defeats the object!), but I gave this to my girls, and they sat at the kitchen table and made all the different designs in the book without any help from me at all. They were able to read and follow the instructions very easily, and choose the right paper for each design. It kept them quiet for hours!I think younger children would be able to work independently once an adult had set them on the right path.I don't agree with previous reviews that the colours aren't "Christmassy" enough - the colours are not really bright, but because of this the end results are very tasteful, and I would happily have them adorning my house. Ten year old's comment is "This book is amazing!". Happy making.

Good Food: 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried and tested Recipes
Good Food: 101 Cakes & Bakes: Tried and tested Recipes
by Mary Cadogan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best baking book ever!, 27 Feb 2008
I LOVE this book. I've made dozens of recipes from it and not once been disappointed with the outcome, and there are three or four that I go back to again and again. I would consider myself a fairly experienced baker, but this book is fantastic for beginners as well, as the simple instructions are very straight forward. I would highly recommend it to anyone who fancies developing their "domestic godess" skills, and it costs less than a fiver!!!

Penguin
Penguin
by Polly Dunbar

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Nov 2007
This review is from: Penguin (Hardcover)
I first saw this book in the Tate Modern Shop, and each little illustration is a mini work of art. It is beautifully illustrated and a joy to read (and re-read) and all three of my children love it, even the eldest and he's 7!! It particularly appeals to my 2 year old. I've bought 2 more copies to give to friends this Christmas. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2011 9:18 PM GMT