Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

Rebecca (UK)

Extra Select Standard Wild Bird Food, 20 Kg
Extra Select Standard Wild Bird Food, 20 Kg

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 11 Dec 2014
The birds hate it. Wish I hadn't bought it as now I'm now stuck with a huge sack of the stuff.

Wonders of the Solar System
Wonders of the Solar System
by Professor Brian Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by it's index. There are so many ..., 1 Dec 2014
Let down by it's index. There are so many page numbers next to some entries that it takes a long time to find what you're looking for. Next time employ a professional indexer!

Pure Liquid Castile Soap 1Kg
Pure Liquid Castile Soap 1Kg
Offered by Mystic-Moments

5.0 out of 5 stars We use this in a foaming dispenser, diluted with ..., 21 Oct 2014
We use this in a foaming dispenser, diluted with water (roughly 1:1) and with a couple of drops of essential oil. My contact dermatitis has cleared up since I started using this instead of handwash purchased in the supermarket. It also works out to be much cheaper. We now have it beside every sink in the house and in the shower too.

Home Brew & Wine Making - VinClasse® Campden Tablets x 50
Home Brew & Wine Making - VinClasse® Campden Tablets x 50
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

5.0 out of 5 stars other than they arrived quickly and I'm happy with them, 21 Oct 2014
Not much to say about these, other than they arrived quickly and I'm happy with them.

House of Paws Waterproof Dog Mat/Cage Mat, X Large, 39.5 x 27.5 Inches
House of Paws Waterproof Dog Mat/Cage Mat, X Large, 39.5 x 27.5 Inches

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, 21 Oct 2014
This dog mat should not be described as waterproof, as it's anything but! I wanted it for feeding my dog raw bones outside on the patio when it's wet, but it soaks up the water! It's also impossible to keep it hygenic as you can't hose it down. A waste of money. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, as neither dog even likes it! If you're looking for a waterproof mat, don't buy this.

Pack of 100 disposable clear gloves
Pack of 100 disposable clear gloves
Offered by BargainShop_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality can vary from pack to pack, 25 Feb 2014
I have had four packs of these now, and just ordered a fifth. They're ideal for me when preparing raw food for the dogs. However, the quality does vary from pack to pack, and they aren't the strongest gloves. I've had a couple of mishaps with fingers going through them, but they're cheap and I'm happy with them.

Kong Puppy Teething Stick, Medium
Kong Puppy Teething Stick, Medium

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell to pieces, 25 Feb 2014
My puppy had bits coming off this in no time. It's not up to the job. But Amazon's returns policy is second to none and my complaint was dealt with in hours by a full refund.

Wagg Complete Worker Chicken & Vegetables Dry Mix 17kg
Wagg Complete Worker Chicken & Vegetables Dry Mix 17kg

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuk, 25 Feb 2014
Dreadful stuff that neither of mine will touch. First ingredient is wheat, the leading cause of allergies in dogs and simply used as a filler so that they only have to add a tiny bit of meat to keep the costs down. This is utter garbage (no wonder it's so cheap) and my dogs know it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 4:02 PM GMT

Speak Swahili, Dammit!
Speak Swahili, Dammit!

5.0 out of 5 stars An enchanting story, 9 July 2012
I don't often write reviews. It's not that I don't have anything to say, but this captivating book deserves one more than anything I've read in the last few years. It's mesmerising - a wonderful plot, with well-developed, interesting characterisation, and it's all beautifully written. I read it over a couple of weeks, and found myself contemplating it throughout the day, often with a smile. It had me laughing, crying and everything in between. I was fortunate enough to get a free Kindle version when it was on offer, but wouldn't hesitate to pay good money for it. It's life affirming.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2012 2:26 PM BST