Profile for J. M. Davies > Reviews

Content by J. M. Davies

J. M. Davies (Luxembourg)

Page: 1 | 2
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Blue [PC]
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Blue [PC]
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mouse to have in the house!, 23 Jan. 2016
This Is the second Logitech M185 I have bought - one for the desktop and now another one for the laptop. I have no complaints whatsoever with this wireless mouse and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants a straightforward mouse that does all that can be expected of it. Jean Davies

Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Christmas Ice Skating
Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Christmas Ice Skating

4.0 out of 5 stars More new designs each year please., 20 Dec. 2015
I buy and send three Alison Gardiner every year for my grandchildren in Spain, an event they look forward to eagerly. Alison Gardiner calendars are amongst the very few that can be posted from the UK to the Continent. My only negative comment is that choosing the calendars is not easy as the selection does not change sufficiently often to enable me to send three new, different designs each year. Apart from these two negative comments, I like these attractive and traditional calendars and recommend them without hesitation to UK and Continental buyers alike. Jean Davies

Berlin Noir ('March Violets', 'The Pale Criminal' and 'A German Requiem') (Penguin Crime/Mystery)
by Philip Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Philip Kerr has acquired and captivated another will-be faithful fan. Please keep Bernie Gunther alive for ever!, 11 Oct. 2014
I bought this trilogy because I so enjoyed the first book I read by Philip Kerr "Man Without Breath", that I ordered the first three novels in the Bernie Gunther series. I am only halfway
this trilogy at the moment but am enjoying the descriptive and informative writing of Kerr and the fiesty character of Gunther very much and will certainly order more by Kerr. This particular edition, published by Penguin, was printed in the USA on good quality paper in a nice print and rather floppy covers which makes it pleasant to hold and turn the pages and easy on the eye to read.

UTECTION "Slim" Apple iPad Air Genuine Leather Case with Stand- and Wake-Up/Sleep function | Black
Offered by Tech-Surfer United Kingdom (VAT included)

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 8 Sept. 2014
I hesitated between this cover for my new iPad Air and a 'carbon' composition one. When I discovered that the carbon composition one could not be delivered to my address I ordered the leather one and have not regretted it for one moment. It looks classy, sophisticated and I love the smell of the leather. I can thoroughly recommend this product to anyone who appreciates quality and good value for money.

Upload Your Photo - Gift for You - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Upload Your Photo - Gift for You - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure the recipient doesn't mistake a gift token for junk mail, 3 Sept. 2014
The only problem I had with this gift token service, which I think is excellent by the way, is that the recipient, my son-in-law, saw that he had an email from Amazon and automatically deleted it thinking it was the normal type of unsolicited mail from Amazon.

He is not the type of person not to thank for something like a gift token so I followed it up with him and he looked again at his deleted "Amazons" and found it. Then I received an email from Amazon telling me that he had received it. Relief! It wasn't Amazon's fault that he deleted it but I wonder if it could be possible for Amazon to send a notification of the arrival of a gift token in another form that is different to their normal unsolicited mails so that it can't be mistaken for junk mail and the recipient wouldn't do the same as my son-in-law did.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2016 4:46 PM GMT

Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Christmas at the Old Town House
Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Christmas at the Old Town House

5.0 out of 5 stars See my other review., 22 Mar. 2014
Ditto comments for this calendar and the other one I bought. So are so tasteful and appeal to a wide range of ages too.

Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Christmas at the Cathedral
Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Christmas at the Cathedral

5.0 out of 5 stars Same again next Advent please., 22 Mar. 2014
I bought three Alison Gardiner Advent calendars for my grandchildren in Spain. They were absolutely dlieghted with them and I will certainly be ordering three more later this year. I hope Amazon will still be stocking them then.

Dakota design Toffee Luxury Bath Mat 60x90cm Machine Washable
Dakota design Toffee Luxury Bath Mat 60x90cm Machine Washable

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 22 Mar. 2014
I ordered these bath mats for our second bathroom which is not used on a regular basis, so the mats are still pristine and haven't been washed yet. So evaluating them as new items which have never been washed, I am delighted with them. They are exactly as described and pictured and have given our second bathroom a cosy and smart new look. I was impressed with how they were packed, not only in the traditional Amazon box and wrapping paper but each mat in it's own plastic bag for extra protection in transit.

StorIt Necklace And Bracelet Storage Case - Jewellery Organiser Box Holder
StorIt Necklace And Bracelet Storage Case - Jewellery Organiser Box Holder
Offered by Grandma's Home Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars I want one too!, 13 July 2013
I bought this necklace and bracelet storage case for a close friend's 70th birthday. She was absolutely delighted with it because she, like me, keeps all her necklaces in a jumble in a drawer. The photo on Amazon does not do it justice, it looks much more elegant in reality. I want one too now and will add it to my Wish List for a future occasion.

Waiting for Sunrise
Waiting for Sunrise
by William Boyd

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Waiting for Sunrise (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, it read like a 1913 James Bond, the main character Lysander Rief must have been blessed with nine lives and certainly used all but one of them in the course of the story.

Page: 1 | 2