Profile for Martin Adams > Reviews

Content by Martin Adams

Martin Adams "Turtlecove1" (Madrid)

Page: 1 | 2
10 x Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protectors Cover Film For Apple iPhone 4 4S + Cloth
Offered by imyth Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 25 Jan 2014
I know that prices can go and up and down but which every way you look at it, this is a marvellous price for a quality product.
I can never use all 10, so are giving them to my friends and colleagues too!

IPHONE 4S ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT BATTERY PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
IPHONE 4S ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT BATTERY PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
Offered by Slamtech Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 Jan 2014
Arrived in 4 days and fits perfectly. The screws are tiny and you have to be concentrated, but its not a difficult job. Good as new!

Cilla Wants Her Teeth Back: Football's Barmiest Banners, Funniest Chants and Stupidest Stadium Announcements
by Chris Charles

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Giggle!, 25 Jan 2014
Some pretty funny anecdotes, it seems to be have more stadium announcements than anything else, an ideal book for propping next to the bog and reading 5 minutes here and there, ha ha!

Practical and chic FLIP COVER case for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 in Blue from kwmobile
Offered by KW-Commerce

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect..., 25 Jan 2014
Good quality product, the colour of back plastic case closely matches original dark blue and clips on precisely, ensuring the original back cover is in the box and in pristine condition for resale! The front is stylish, a slightly lighter blue, and beds down perfectly after a couple of days use, and protects the screen completely. Arrived in Spain in 4 days, delighted!

TeckNet® New Apple iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 1st Gen Premium Folio Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet for Auto Sleep/Wake Feature Included Screen Protector and Stylus Pen - Dark Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for cheap case..., 17 July 2013
Feels a bit plastic-like... I'm not sure what a "Folio Leather Case" really means anyway, but apart from that it fits well and functions OK...

JSG Accessories® - Hands Free FM Transmitter and Car Charger For All Apple iPhones & iPods - White or Black
Offered by JSG Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Live in a big City!, 26 Mar 2013
This is a nice little product that I am using with an ipod classic in my new Mazda 3 - A word of warning on the FM transmitter though, living in a big city I am struggling to use the device as it is intended as there is interference on nearly every frequency and if it does get a clear signal for a while, drive another half a mile and its interference again...! I am currently reading some forums on this to improve the situation (possibly disconnecting the car-aerial will help but obviously this will reduce radio reception markedly!) but its not mentioned anywhere in the advertising is it apart from "tune to a clear signal" - easier said than done mate!
Not sure what the "black or white" advertising is all about, it comes white with the frequency change buttons black, I don't see how you can order an all-black-one even if you wanted to! Its small and reasonably well built, charges perfectly through the cigarette lighter cable (it is a shortish cable at around 25cm, not a problem in my car with the central/rear socket too) and plays music 100% quality through the 2.5mm out, to 3.5mm in AUX jack built into my car (this cable is too short at around 10cm, it is designed to loop from an iphone 3.5mm out to the 2.5mm in on the device really)- so I'm happy enough to be able to play high quality music through the car stereo and charge the ipod at the same time.

TeckNet® USB 3.0 PCI Express Interface USB 3.0 Dual Expansion Card With 5V 4-Pin Power Connector for Desktops, 24 Month UK Warranty
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product But..., 1 Feb 2013
Well built solid product, took 2 minutes to instal and works fine. Actually I realised the position of it being below my PC's built in wireless receiver card made it very awkward to insert the usb cables - so I just swapped the pair over in 10 mins and now it is very accessable to slide the usb's in. Transfer speeds are not what I was hoping but seem to average about 80 Mb/sec between two USB3.0 external discs (or an internal hard drive to a 3.0 external disc), so considerably quicker than USB2.0. I just transfered 17Gb in 3mins 30secs so pretty quick... It does what it says on the tin! For the price, good value.

Edit...
After 5 months one of the two USB 3.0 sockets has failed, so perhaps it isn't such a well built product after all! I brought the Inateck 4 port card instead, and put this one in an old computer.

Logitech M235 Wireless Mouse - Black/Grey
Logitech M235 Wireless Mouse - Black/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Mouse..., 1 Feb 2013
I've been using this mouse for 6 months now and it has worked perfectly with a good feel, true wheel scroll action and still on the same battery it came with... I find it surprising a couple of reviewers have given it 3 stars on the basis of it being too small (its not tiny anyway!) - I personally find a compact sized mouse easier to use and I've got biggish hands, I guess its just what your used to. I brought a similar HP mouse recently and both are a pleasure to use...

Samsung NP300E7A-A06UK 17.3-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i5-2450M Processor, 6GB RAM, Windows 7 Edition Home Premium)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok - but a little disappointing, 18 Jan 2013
The power and speed of this laptop is excellent, I would give it a 5-star award on the software and function. Having said that, the built-in Samsung-function-software does get a bit "I'm taking over your computer" at times, there are about 10 different parts to it.

But much of the hardware is not the best - it is not particually solidly built and I have a technical problem with the keyboard (No idea if this is just my machine, especially after reading the review above this one) - fairly frequently I am typing away looking down at the keyboard in any selection of documents/web pages/applications/etc and I look up to see the curser has jumped to a completely random point on the screen (often in the middle of another word) so I need to cut'n'paste to rectify - rather annoying when this is approx twice a day in normal use. I think I'm going to get onto Samsung about this actually and will ammend this review if it gets sorted...
In addition, I personally find the keyboard design annoying in that the "NUM-PAD" is not spaced or lined-off in any way so it is frustrating finding the "delete" key in what should be "the corner" but takes me about 2 seconds to locate every time! It only has three USB ports which I can just about live with, but as I use an add-on-mouse thats one gone permanently, it could do with four really... The camera is good, but the built-in microphone is pretty poor too, I use a cheap external one and it gives twice the quality of the sound...
Overall Ok a machine but not impressed really.

4800MAH 6 CELLS HIGH QUALITY REPLACEMENT LAPTOP BATTERY FOR HP COMPAQ 6720 6730 6730S 6735S
Offered by EPC (UK) GRP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for HP 6720S too..., 14 Jan 2013
I was a little concerned that this would not be correct for the HP6720S as it is not listed in title, but it fits and works perfectly - I now have around a 3 hour battery use on my laptop again. Very good value at the price - I paid £13 + £1 Uk-postage - bargain! I see it has increased in price in just a month, but still good value for money I'd say...

Page: 1 | 2