Profile for M. R. Davies > Reviews

Content by M. R. Davies

M. R. Davies "Maleko" (UK - Stoke-on-Trent)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sennheiser PC 121 - In-Ear Monaural Headset
Sennheiser PC 121 - In-Ear Monaural Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clear, 8 Dec. 2008
I use voice ommunication in games a lot, and I tend to not go for a microphone and headset combination as I like to have full use of my games in surround sound. Loev the feel of it like that.
Anwyay, I wanted a new headset for just one ear. This was the perfect solution.
I use a program called Ventrilo, for those who don't know it a lot of gamers use it to voice communicate outside of the games inbuilt vocie comms - if it has any.
The sound quality of the vocies is perfect, VERY clear, and I myself sound very clear to my frends.

I find the ear hook comfortable with no problems. However, the ear piece itself, can be a pain to get in your year, as it is to big to fit "inside" the year alone, so it CAN work loose sometimes...maybe thats just my ears. So I do find myself adjusting the headset from time to time. This isnt a major problem, and the overal quality of the headset makes up for this.

Flip F260B-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Black (60 mins)
Flip F260B-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Black (60 mins)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of kit!, 10 Oct. 2008
Received my Flip today (1 day late, but Royal Mail's fault, NOT Amazon's)

I have been looking round for a digital camcorder, some over £100. As I didn't want to spend a lot I saw this one and heard good things about it.
Good things I can agree with.

Came in a nice stylish box (first impressions are important to me), and lifts out nicely with the Flip on top and underneath you get x2 AA batteries, video cable, pouch, cord and manuals etc.

Batteries easily go in the front panel by unlocking it from the bottom and sliding the front down.
Once the batteries are in, it's ready to go! Switch it on from the side, set the date, and then hit record!
Plug it in via USB, installs in a few seconds and you can access all your video files just like you would browse a USB drive or any other memory card.
You can then either copy, edit, burn your files.

The quality I was impressed with. As it uses DivX it does have a SMALL amount of artifacts in the video, but not enough to put you off.
I was very impressed with how it handles different lighting conditions, from going dark to light etc.

Overall, it's a great piece of kit. SO easy to use, no annoying menus, just easy press buttons which do what they say!
Cannot fault this superb piece of kit.

If they bring out one that holds more footage(I know they have the Mino, but it doesn't hold more) I will most likely buy it.

Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS
Canon EW-78B2 Lens Hood for EF28-135mm f3.5-5.6 USM IS

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 8 Oct. 2008
Fits the lens perfectly, has a nice fabric feel on the inside for that pro feeling to it.
It isn't overly big, nice size and shape.

Does the job.

Canon EF - Zoom lens - 28 mm - 135 mm - f/3.5-5.6 IS USM - Canon EF
Canon EF - Zoom lens - 28 mm - 135 mm - f/3.5-5.6 IS USM - Canon EF

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 8 Oct. 2008
Brought this as a lens that can stay on my camera majority fo the time, and it have proven spot on for this!

The IS got me mostly attracted to the lens, a shame it isn't f2.8, but when I get more money, then I'll buy an L lens for that!

The zoom does extend on its own sometimes when facing down, can be annoying, but not a primary issue with the lens.

Some people say the old IS is dated, well, after using both the old and new IS (on a L Lens), you can't tell that much difference! The viewfinder doesn't jump like some people say about this lens.

Overall I'm very pleased i got it, and as I said the IS is a great addition for it.

Lowepro Slingshot 200 Sling Bag For Digital SLR & 3-4 Lenses for Canon 550D, 500D, 1000D, Nikon D3000, Samsung NX10, PL1, Panasonic G2,  Sony Alpha A450 - Black Case
Lowepro Slingshot 200 Sling Bag For Digital SLR & 3-4 Lenses for Canon 550D, 500D, 1000D, Nikon D3000, Samsung NX10, PL1, Panasonic G2, Sony Alpha A450 - Black Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Oct. 2008
VERY impressed with this.
I brought it as I had mroe lenses than my old bag could carry.
In this bag I have managed to fit:
350D with BG-E3 Battery Grip and a 18-135mm Lens attached
100mm Macro Lens
75-300mm Lens
18-55mm Lens

Leaving a spare pocket, space for lens filters, air blower int he top pouch along with remote switch and other cleaning items.

Very happy with it!

Sandisk 8GB Extreme III Compact Flash CF 30mbs - Retail Pack
Sandisk 8GB Extreme III Compact Flash CF 30mbs - Retail Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars EXtreme, 8 Oct. 2008
VERY fast, you can easily tell the difference in speed when compared to Extreme 2 cards.
Very impressed, haven't had any data loses from it, and copies alll the data at a nice fast speed.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete (PC DVD)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 8 Oct. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After digging up the old Alpha Centari game, I wanted to play some of the newer ones.
Found this and Loved it!
Very addiction, nice graphics. Didn't have any compatibility or crash issues with it.
I would say that the characters in the game can be some what annoying and almost a bit childish, but can be easily ignored!
Overall a very fun and worth while game with lots of different out comes.

Pretec 2GB i-Disk SECURE High Speed Rugged USB Flash Drive (Waterproof, Shock Proof) Enhanced for Windows ReadyBoost Function

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough!, 8 Oct. 2008
I was after a hard wearing pen drive, as I have a tendancy to break the plastic ones in my pocket!
This has doen the job perfectly! I have had it for quite a few months now and it is still going strong. The screw on lid is stilltight and solid, I have even dropped it a few times, and it still works perfect!
I wish I had gone for the 4GB version, but saying that, for my use I haven't filled it yet - as I don't backup files to it, just files I carry round with me etc.
Highly recommended for someone after a tough pen drive.

XFX GF 8800 GTS 500M 320MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV PCI EXPRESS
XFX GF 8800 GTS 500M 320MB DDR3 DUAL DVI TV PCI EXPRESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 22 Sept. 2007
WOW!
I upgraded from an 8600GTS to this, and the improvement is unbelivable!
Ran 3DMark06 on it and gained 3000+ points!
Runs the new Team Fortress 2 (beta) at 150FPS! FULL settings!
Runs fine on my system with a 500W Power Supply.

NOTE: This card is 220mm long, so make sure it will fit in your case, mine just fits in with about 10mm gap between the card and Hard Drive.

The price of this card, and with next day delivary, you just can't beat!
Many thanks Amazon.

Im even tempted ot get another one soon and run them both in SLI :D

Kodak Z650 Digital Camera [6.0MP, 10x optical zoom]
Kodak Z650 Digital Camera [6.0MP, 10x optical zoom]

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, 28 Dec. 2006
Gotta love this camera!

My Third Kodak camera now, and this one is amazing! Does all the things you need it to do plus more!

If you wanna spend more money, you can get lenses that fit onto the adpater it coems with, so far I have got macro lenses, polarising lenses, wide angle lenses, and a lot more.

This camera also "blurs" its background when taking photos of subjects/objects, like you see the Professional SLR cameras do.

Has many built in features, I love taking photos, and using this camera just gives them that professional edge!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6