Profile for A J Day > Reviews

Content by A J Day

A J Day (Cape Town, South Africa)

Oliver Weber 8696 Rhodium Plated Metal Swarovski Crystal Violet Ladies' Pendant ,39.5cm+ 4cm extender Chain
Price: 56.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift arrived swiftly, 4 April 2011
I ordered this from amazon.co.uk as a gift for my Mother in the UK. (I am in South Africa) It was delivered in just 2 days and She is thrilled to bits with it. Not obvious from the Amazon photo is the size - which She tells me is "about an inch" and described the colour of the violet stone as "almost purple". Very Happy. I just wish OUR 3rd world postal service didn't take 5 weeks when we order things from over there!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars More & more Capo, 29 Mar 2011
I admit that I don't use capos all that often - but 2 of the reasons was always that they were awkward to put on quickly and tuning always seemed to suffer. THIS capo does not seem to suffer from those drawbacks - PLUS it looks and feels superbly engineered. Coincidentally, I find myself using capos more and more these days!

Remember That Night [DVD] [2007]
Remember That Night [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ David Gilmour
Price: 21.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Zone 2 discs will not play in zone 2 player!, 10 Oct 2010
This is a fantastic pair of discs to own if you are a Gilmour Fan - even better if you can get them to actually PLAY in your Zone 2 DVD player. Mine is marked for Zones 2 and 6 but will not play in either my Zone 2/B Blue Ray Player OR on my Mac Computer which is set for zone 2. It WILL play in a multi-zone player (I have tested my discs in one) but not all of us one one. Someone screwed up in the authorisation of this product. Here's hoping that the zone b blue ray version will play in zone b BluRay players!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2013 8:24 PM BST

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Price: 18.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Theatrical is not good enough for blu ray, 10 Oct 2010
I agree with many here. I have the Extended version on DVD and would NEVER go backward to the Theatrical version in order to "upgrade" to blu ray! What were the publishers thinking?!!!

Logitech Wireless TrackMan Optical
Logitech Wireless TrackMan Optical

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 years of use!, 21 Oct 2007
My Trackman is getting on in years. It is an excellent devise and I highly recomend it to anyone who gets annoyed with their mouse "bumping into things". I have always loved trackballs and never found any "adjustment period" was needed. More a kind of relief that I no longer have to lean "right over there" to find more desk top.
As I said mine is old now and I have replaced the main thumb button (Right click) 3 times ... the first due to "point & shoot" games (get a game pad rather) and the others due to old age. There will be no more new switches as the PCB tracks are just gone now. Also, I resprayed mine in reverse colours just for the hell of it. These are not negative points ... more a tesimony to the trackmans ability to last. I have also used this TM with both Windows XP and Mac OSX ... more functionallity on Mac ... but hey! that's Mac eh?
One Negative thing:
The cordless thing is great, sure, BUT I have found that I canot use my TM in the same room as someone I know who is using a Logitek cordless mouse ... there is interfearance ... this means I have to use a regular mouse ... very anoying!
So, as a result of everything I am going to order a Kensington corded expert mouse for the Mac ... but my TM will live on with my PC. Trackballs Rock!

The "Pink Floyd" Odyssey: Saucerful of Secrets
The "Pink Floyd" Odyssey: Saucerful of Secrets
by Nicholas Schaffner

5.0 out of 5 stars This is it!, 27 Oct 2005
I have been a Floydian since 1971, but my quest to learn more about Floyd was born of a need to produce dialog for a Floyd show that I devised for South Africa. (Floyd have never been here) To this end, I began gathering all things Floyd.
This included nearly every Album (not duplicating too much) and every book I could lay my hands on! Most Floyd books obviously contain similar information. This book however, is well written, contains amazing detail (especially about Syd) and has got to be THE ONE!
Sadly, I read that Nicholas Schaffner had died recently and so I suppose that someone else has added the Live 8 sections to the updated version (I bought my 1995 version in 2002)
After reading "The "Pink Floyd" Odyssey: Saucerful of Secrets. I found "Inside out" by Nick Mason to be less than I had hoped for. (That would be more "inside information")
If you need ONE book on Pink Floyd ... "The "Pink Floyd" Odyssey: Saucerful of Secrets by Nicholas Schaffner is it.