Profile for Old Den > Reviews

Cotton Rich Anti-DVT FLIGHT SOCKS UK Shoe Size 6-9 BLACK
Cotton Rich Anti-DVT FLIGHT SOCKS UK Shoe Size 6-9 BLACK
Offered by W Brewin & Co Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 27 April 2015
very comfortable to wear and much easier to put on than an elastic stocking.

Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement blade, 12 April 2015
Genuine Bosch replacement so the best you can buy.

Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle
Offered by Blank-Discs-Com SuperSaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than using labels, 18 Aug. 2014
Have previousy used Verbatim DVDs with stick on labels for printing. Tried these and found them to be excellent. Same Verbatim good quality and no hassle with stick on labels.

WD My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Mac - Silver
WD My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Mac - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this because the drive on my iMac was ..., 24 July 2014
I bought this because the drive on my iMac was getting too full with home movies and photos. It worked straight from the box and has the added advantage of not requiring a separate power supply.

Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push
Friedland 200m D914 Libra Plus Wirefree Portable Chime and Push

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold medal door chime, 24 July 2014
A loud and clear door chime that is much better then the ones offered in the DIY stores. Plenty of choice for the chimes and I have added an extra bell push using a different chime which my disabled wife can carry with her to summon me if she needs help. Excellent product.

NIX 12 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor & 4GB Memory - X12C
NIX 12 inch Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame with Motion Sensor & 4GB Memory - X12C
Offered by CT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to display your photos, 24 July 2014
I bought this photo frame because we have had two family weddings in the past year and not enough wall space left to hang the photos. The frame comes in very smart packaging with screw in stand for landscape format, mains lead and UK plug/power unit, remote control with battery already fitted and a small USB memory stick of 4Gb. There is also a user guide. To save time I pre-loaded the USB stick with wedding photos and a spare 32Gb SD card with holiday photos. When I switched on, a slide show of the holiday photos started straight away - which I wasn't expecting to happen. It took some "random" playing with the remote control before I could see the main menu as depicted in the handbook. I could have achieved this faster by just pressing Exit on the remote but the handbook is no help with this. In fact the handbook gives no clue also about the Slideshow button. After going through the Set Up menu and pressing Exit I selected the USB stick and waited for my wedding photos to load up. This took a very long time and I found some of the photos not recognised even though they were in jpeg format. There were no problems with the photos on the SD card although I had copied both sets using Aperture on my iMac. I then re-formatted the USB stick and before re-loading the wedding photos, I put them into Photoshop and saved them into a separate folder in jpeg with a slightly lower file size. This time they were all recognised by the frame and uploaded quickly. The only other things I've noticed are that the Random setting for the slideshows produces more frequent repeats than I would expect and the transitions (for some reason called Slideshow mode in the menu) work OK for a while then stop working so several photos change with no transition and then the transition comes back. Not sure if this a software bug or a design feature. I have not tried the other facilities - Movie mode, Split screen, Calendar and Motion detector. Overall I would recommend this frame it fits my requirement very well and looks smart.

i-Blason Armorbox for Apple iPhone 5C Dual Layer Hybrid Protective Case with Built-in Screen Protector and Impact Resistant Bumpers (White)
Offered by I-Blason EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bunch, 13 May 2014
After having succumbed to temptation and got myself an iPhone5c I realised that there would be a high risk of dropping the phone (well I am 80!) which is slim and of slippery plastic. So I spent some time trawling through all the available cases on Amazon and reading the reviews. Although the Armorbox didn't have many reviews, everyone was delighted with it so I went ahead and bought it. I agree that it is just what is needed to make for easy handling and protection of the phone plus it has a built in screen protector. It does add some bulk and weight but, for me, this is an acceptable trade of for the increased security. Rather than give a description I think it better for prospective purchasers to view the installation video at [...] (scroll to the bottom of the page to find the iPhone5c case). This will give you a very good idea of what the case is like and I suggest this link should be included in the advert. Just to say that the screen protector works perfectly and does not interfere with the manual operation go the touch screen.

Panasonic Lithium Ion Camcorder Battery (7.2V, 1250mAh)
Panasonic Lithium Ion Camcorder Battery (7.2V, 1250mAh)
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare battery, 13 April 2014
This was bought as a spare and is a genuine Panasonic battery. It charges well and works with my camcorder. Nothing more to say.

Ex-Pro Panasonic VW-VBN130, VW-VBN260, VW-BC20, VW-BC20EB-K Fast Travel-Pro Charger Panasonic Camcorder [See Description for Models]
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful charger, 13 April 2014
This charger is ideal for those of us who want to charge a battery without having to tie up the camcorder. It works perfectly well and can be used on mains and car battery supply. I have deducted one star only because the plastic used for its build could be more robust. But this does not detract from its usefulness.

Panasonic Camcorder battery CGA-DU14
Panasonic Camcorder battery CGA-DU14
Offered by PowerShop UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fast service, 20 Dec. 2013
The service was first class and the battery arrived within 48 hours of my order. I have only given 4 stars because the battery supplied is not a Panasonic original although shown as such on the web site and is rated at 7.4 volts as opposed to the Panasonic original of 7.2 volts. Because of my engineering background I know that this variation is within acceptable limits but this might put off some people. I had no hesitation in charging it and using it. There were no problems but it would be better to state these facts on the web site to avoid confusion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4