Profile for Pamela Woods > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Crochet Batman Pattern
Crochet Batman Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pattern, 15 Oct 2013
I enjoyed making this and the pattern was easy to follow. I changed the colours a bit but it still looked and great. It made a terrific handmade gift for a 6 year old boy and I'm told it now lives happily on his pillow. It is normally harder to find patterns for boys toys and this was just perfect. Great value.

Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (National Geographic Little Kids)
Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (National Geographic Little Kids)
by Catherine D. Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for an animal crazy 4 year old, 19 Jun 2013
Bought this for the meerkats but I'm many kids older and younger than 4 would enjoy this book with its huge photos. It also has a clever way of explaining sizes by comparing them to things kids can visualise. Did you know a bottlenose dolphin is about as long as 3 tricycles in a line?

Blueprint Crochet: Modern Designs for the Visual Crocheter
Blueprint Crochet: Modern Designs for the Visual Crocheter

3.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated for Kindle, 19 Jun 2013
These patterns look lovely but they are all in charts and so are quite difficult to see on my Kindle keyboard.

Crochet Snacks! (Quick and Easy Amigurumi Book 1)
Crochet Snacks! (Quick and Easy Amigurumi Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and easy, 19 Jun 2013
These are great for a doll's tea party or teddy bears picnic. The popcorn bag came great and the pretzel was quick to do. I will try the dip and veggies next.

Dress Up Your Dolls: Sensational Outfits to Knit & Crochet for Dolls up to 18in
Dress Up Your Dolls: Sensational Outfits to Knit & Crochet for Dolls up to 18in
by Lise Nymark

3.0 out of 5 stars Great photos but complicated patterns, 20 May 2013
I bought this to find patterns for 18" dolls as it says but not all the patterns are written for this size. It has patterns for small, medium and large dolls but they are separate designs. I could probably adapt them to be fair but I expected each pattern to be written out for 18" dolls. I haven't tried anything but patterns look complicated as they assume quite a lot of knitting or crochet knowledge already. They have taken a lot of time dressing and posing the dolls but not spent enough time on the patterns in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2013 8:11 AM GMT

Lace Shoulder Wrap - Crochet Pattern #155
Lace Shoulder Wrap - Crochet Pattern #155

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 20 May 2013
I downloaded this pattern to use with some multi-coloured wool I already had and finished it in a couple of days. Easy to follow and looks terrific. I am already looking at Lisa's other crochet patterns to choose my next project.

12 Sizes Bamboo Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles 3.0-10mm
12 Sizes Bamboo Crochet Hooks Knitting Needles 3.0-10mm
Offered by LTZmart

5.0 out of 5 stars I use these every day, 18 Feb 2013
I had lots of old heavy metal hooks and wanted to replace them with something lighter. These are perfect. I don't even put the popular sizes away but keep them in a tin on my desk since I use them so much.

Amish Baby Quilt Pattern
Amish Baby Quilt Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars A giant granny square, 18 Feb 2013
I had struggled with granny squares before but this one taught it perfectly. It's terrific as you can use any colours and just keep going.

Weather Mobile Crochet Pattern
Weather Mobile Crochet Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars A bright day, 18 Feb 2013
I have made one of these so far and even though I didn't use the eyes and my cloud wasn't quite symmetrical, it looks great. Will do another with eyes and smiles.

Cupcake Purse Crochet Pattern
Cupcake Purse Crochet Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and useful, 18 Feb 2013
These are terrific. Simple to make and useful too. I will be making more in various colours. I love all Amy Gaines patterns!

Page: 1 | 2