Profile for Jeannie > Reviews

Content by Jeannie

Jeannie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Last Man Standing (Matt Drake 8)
Last Man Standing (Matt Drake 8)
Price: 1.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Will await the next release of one of his other group books with great interest., 17 Sep 2014
As usual, David Leadbeater has kept the excitement and story-line going with the remainder of his team. Interesting to see who the traitor is too. Will await the next release of one of his other group books with great interest.

Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Bite: The most gripping thriller you will ever read
Price: 0.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Afraid it isn't the most gripping thriller I have ever ..., 17 Sep 2014
Afraid it isn't the most gripping thriller I have ever read - it's very predictable and after a while obvious who the 'baddie' is. Still, it does raise the possibility of a world-wide 'plague' and also the question of how we would deal with it.

The Last Straw (A DCI Warren Jones Novel - Book 1)
The Last Straw (A DCI Warren Jones Novel - Book 1)
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to read a 'Police' novel with husband and wife ..., 17 Sep 2014
Nice to read a 'Police' novel with husband and wife on the same side with just the in-laws making waves. Good story line that runs along very well, and makes a fairly compulsive read.

Ghost Girl (The Detective's Daughter 2)
Ghost Girl (The Detective's Daughter 2)
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, although again, 17 Sep 2014
Quite good, although again, the heroine has quite a lot of hangups, and I don't think she would get anywhere without the faithful Jack. Not sure why it's called 'Ghost Girl' as it is mainly about boys, and I was surprised at the ending. I would recommend it.

Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1 (Dci Helen Grace 1)
Eeny Meeny: DI Helen Grace 1 (Dci Helen Grace 1)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a chilling and in some ways depressing read. ..., 17 Sep 2014
Quite a chilling and in some ways depressing read. I must say that I can't quite believe that DCI Grace managed to get as high up the ladder as she has with all her 'baggage', or even how she managed to join the Police Force in the first place; I'm sure back-ground checks would have revealed her history. However, it is a very clever plot with several 'red herrings' to confuse you.

Bones
Bones
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, quite good fun and fairly light, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bones (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad read, quite good fun and fairly light. I enjoyed it although it has some content very alike some other books I have read. I would recommend it for a holiday read.

Broken Voices (Kindle Single)
Broken Voices (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but it's not really my sort of book, 16 July 2014
Not bad, but it's not really my sort of book. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it though.

Weddings Can Be Murder
Weddings Can Be Murder
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 July 2014
Not bad, but more about male/female relationships than murder. However, it was fast paced, and I enjoyed it. Would recommend for a fairly light read.

Trapped
Trapped

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy?, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Trapped (Kindle Edition)
Rather strange book, at first I thought it was meant to be read as 'tongue-in'cheek' , but finally came to the conclusion that it was all a fantasy in Chris's mind. Not sure if I will follow this writer in future, as both of the books I have read were rather disappointing.

Day of the Vikings. A Thriller. (ARKANE Book 5)
Day of the Vikings. A Thriller. (ARKANE Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thriller., 1 July 2014
Great read if a little short. I have read this authors' work before and this was up to standard, being fast paced and exciting. I would
recommend it to all.