Profile for Giverney > Reviews

Content by Giverney

Giverney (Morayshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Go Set a Watchman
Go Set a Watchman
by Harper Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing Text, 16 July 2015
This review is from: Go Set a Watchman (Hardcover)
Just received my copy from Amazon today. I was so looking forward to reading it but after flicking through it couldn't fail to notice that there are a few pages between chapters 17 - 19 with missing text. It's obvious which pages these are because the page numbers that should be along the bottom, are missing and when you go on to the next page, the text doesn't make sense. So far I've noted this printing error on 6 pages. It looks like there are at least 2 lines of text missing from the bottom of these pages. I'm very upset and will have to contact Amazon. Has anyone else noticed this?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2015 11:16 AM BST

The Sensual World
The Sensual World

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kate, 15 April 2015
This review is from: The Sensual World (Audio CD)
Another excellent effort from our Kate. Originally bought it on cassette on release but thought I should get around to buying the CD. Lovely songs from a great Lady.

The Dreaming
The Dreaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange, but interesting, 15 April 2015
This review is from: The Dreaming (Audio CD)
Takes a bit of getting used to. Not your average Kate masterpiece but had to have it to complete my collection. Sat In Your Lap is still a brilliant song though.

Sexual Healing
Sexual Healing

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare Single, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Sexual Healing (MP3 Download)
Love Kate. She can do no wrong!!

Demarkt Portable Car Blue LED Lighted Smokeless Ashtray Can
Demarkt Portable Car Blue LED Lighted Smokeless Ashtray Can
Offered by Demarkt

3.0 out of 5 stars Has a useful LED in it and is big enough for all ..., 15 April 2015
It's okay. Has a useful LED in it and is big enough for all the tabs I smoke! Only problem is that it is too big to fit into my cup holder.

Membrane - Ultra Slim Purple Vertical Case for Samsung Galaxy Fame (GT-S6810 / S6812 Duos / S6810P / GT-S6818 / GT-S6812C) - Flip Phone Cover + 2 Screen Protectors
Offered by Membrane Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Soft Case, but..., 15 April 2015
I do really like this cover. It fits my Samsung Galaxy Fame perfectly and the colour is lovely. It's also really soft leather. My only small gripe is that the magnate fastener is not strong at all and I wonder how long it will actually last. I have decided to keep it though because of the other good points mentioned. I would have given it 5 stars if the magnate was better.

Don't Look Now (Special Edition) [DVD] [1973]
Don't Look Now (Special Edition) [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Donald Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfortgetable Masterpiece, 12 April 2015
I first saw this in the cinema on it's release. After seeing it a few times over the years on TV and owning it on VHS I felt it was about time I bought the DVD. I bought the Special Edition release. Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland are awesome and you can't ever imagine any other actors in their roles. It's a film which never leaves you. An unforgettable masterpiece. I have watched it 4 times in the last 3 days!

On the downside - When I received the DVD and studied the box I was excited to note that it included extra special features including a 16 page booklet with behind-the-scenes stills from the movie. This did not arrive which was very disappointing. Also, I don't know why it's described as being a x2 disc set - I only got x1 though it does contain all the extras. Amazon gave me the option of returning it but I opted for a partial refund for the missing booklet because I couldn't bear to part with the film!

Selfie Stick by CamKix; With Universal Phone Holder Suitable for iPhone, Samsung, and Other Devices up to 3.25 Inches in Width - Fully Adjustable Handheld Monopod 11"- 40" Light, Compact, and Easy to Carry With You (Black with Remote)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible, 28 Dec. 2014
Further to my wife's previous review. This selfie stick is NOT compatible with a Sony Xperia S (4.1.2 version). It is only compatible with Android 4.2 or above
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 7:22 AM GMT

The World of Richard Burton [DVD]
The World of Richard Burton [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Palmer
Offered by SteveDeery Books UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The Late, Great Richard Burton, 27 July 2014
I first saw this on TV a long time ago and recorded it on Betamax (shows how long ago it was!). I loved it so much and later copied it onto VHS. Obviously by now the picture quality had decreased a lot but I would still enjoy watching it. Unfortunately my VHS recorder has finally given up the ghost. Then one evening a few weeks ago I was overjoyed to come across it being shown again on the Sky Arts channel. As I had missed the first half I immediately looked for it on Amazon. I am so glad and it was fantastic to find it on DVD at last. It arrived yesterday and I'm already driving my husband mad as I am now watching it for the 3rd time!

If you appreciate the talent of Richard Burton you will love this. It's very informative and extremely moving in parts. A great buy. Would definitely recommend.

Cream Voile Curtain Panel with Gold Embroidered Petal Leaf Swirl Design Width 55"(140cm) x Drop 72"(183cm)
Offered by Maple Textiles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Voile, 26 July 2014
Lovely voile. I had to take the hem up about 4" but was very easy to do. Curtain hangs very well. Will buy more.

Page: 1 | 2