Profile for Art > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars Page-turner, 3 April 2016
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, it was a page turner. Not as brilliant as "Fatherland" but an excellent addition to the alternative history novels about the aftermath of WWII.

Winter in Madrid
Winter in Madrid

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read., 3 April 2016
This review is from: Winter in Madrid (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable read. I was drawn to this book as I'd read Dominion and loved it. I'm actually a fluent Spanish speaker so I was looking forward to the subject matter as I'm pretty ignorant about the Spanish Civil War. The writing's competent, not amazing but easy going. The book is long (I rarely read novels and long novels put me off) but I really got into it and wanted to know what happened to the characters. The plot is a bit far-fetched and stretches credibility at times but it kept me guessing. I suspect the book could have been shorter if the plot hadn't been revealed at such length. So in conclusion not a brilliant novel but certainly very entertaining and I finished it much more quickly than I expected. I couldn't wait to go to bed the evenings to settle down and read another hundred pages of the novel.

Bosch Megaair Super Tex Type G Vacuum Bag, 4 L Capacity and includes a Micro Hygiene Filter for the Motor - Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 April 2016
Genuine BOSCH bags and they fit perfectly. Much cheaper than any local supplier.

Sport DirectTM Bicycle Bike Secu Sport Dynamo Front Light With Standlight 25 Lux Conforms To British Standards BS6102/3 and StVZO German Standards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, significant and worthwhile upgrade to halogen front light., 3 April 2016
Vast improvement on the halogen dynamo front light that it replaces.The capacitor works well but doesn't last very long. I'm very pleased with it. It was also easy to fit and compatible with my existing Shimano 6V front wheel hub dynamo. Good spread of light and it throws forward much further than the halogen light did. I was shamed into getting an upgrade by my friends LED battery lights which were so much better than my dyno front light. Technology has clearly moved on.

Gorilla Tech Pull Up Case / Pouch with Card Slot and Strong Magnetic Closure for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Black
Offered by GorillaTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case I've had so far, 3 April 2016
Protects my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 perfectly. Best case I've had so far.

BELK Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case - High Quality Real Genuine Protective Leather flip cases - Black
Offered by Valentinus

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 18 May 2015
Does what you expect but it's too heavy and bulky for me.

Emartbuy® Sleek Range Blue Luxury PU Leather Slide in Pouch Case Sleeve Holder ( Size 4XL ) With Magnetic Flap & Pull Tab Mechanism Suitable For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo Duos
Offered by emartbuyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects my Samung Note 4 perfectly. The little ribbon ..., 18 May 2015
Protects my Samung Note 4 perfectly. The little ribbon used to pop the phone out broke off within a month but that's OK as eventually the fit of the case gets sloppy enough that the phone can slide out on it's own.

I prefer these style of cases and it suits me perfectly.

Samsonite Suitcase, Brazil (Multicolour) - 49307-4247
Samsonite Suitcase, Brazil (Multicolour) - 49307-4247

5.0 out of 5 stars Brazil World Cup colours anyone?, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Samsonite Suitcase (Luggage)
If you're prepared to put up with the unusual colour scheme (at least I'm unlikely to miss it on the luggage conveyor or have someone else grab it by mistake), it's fine. A huge saving compared to buying the same one at shop.

Apparently the coulour scheme was a one-off for the Brazil World Cup.

As a suitcase it's OK but the material is thinner and more flexible (more fragile) than previous, older but similar looking Samsonite suitcases. But at least it means that it's lighter when empty meaning more luggage allowance can be used for contents rather than just the suitcase itself.

22 mm wide BLACK PU watch strap to fit Seiko/Citizen/Orient/Casio etc divers watches
Offered by GMT Classics

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 18 May 2015
As described but the material is too stiff and way too large for my wrists. I'm 6ft tall and not "pencil-wristed".

Waste of money.

VonShef Slim Glass Black Digital Kitchen Scale, 5kg, Free 2 Year Warranty
VonShef Slim Glass Black Digital Kitchen Scale, 5kg, Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set of scales, 18 May 2015
Superb! Excellent set of scales. Very quick and easy to use. I'm very pleased with them and they're excellent value too. Well made.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3