Profile for R. Surplice > Reviews

Content by R. Surplice

R. Surplice

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (PC DVD)
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (PC DVD)
Price: 12.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Same Old Fear, 26 Nov 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This isn't a next generation title. Still uses the old graphics engine as the last two titles and the graphics are very good. This game is more of the same really- that isn't a bad thing though!

The game doesn't feel new but is still very enjoyable to play. My only gripe was the weak story line for this one and the ending is terrible. But the gameplay is fun and will keep you hooked until you finish it. I play it on full 1280x1024 with P4 3.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram and X850 XT GFX card.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PC DVD)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitchell....Come in Mitchell!, 6 Sep 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Great follow up...had to get this as soon as it came out. If you enjoyed the first one-this one is better! It is a lot harder though! No ammo depots to resupply during missions! The OSD to control your colleagues is very easy to use with a click on the middle mouse button and thankfully colleagues dont get in your way like the first episode.

I'm playing 1280x1024 with overall medium settings with some anti aliasing etc. Graphics look good! no lag with these settings for me. My Gfx card is not the best these days with no SM 3.0. so those with the latest cards will really enjoy some eye candy.

Patched to 1.4 had only one crash so far, since it came out. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes FPS, it is not too tactical so dont let that put you off.

My specs P4 3.6 GHz, 2GB Ram, X850 xt.

UberSoldier (PC)
UberSoldier (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Uber, more Average, 6 Sep 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: UberSoldier (PC) (Video Game)
I completed this game last week and thought i'd write a review. You can pick this up for around 7 from amazon marketplace at time of writing. This is not the best FPS i've played I will tell you that first off.

If you find yourself wanting some FPS action and you are waiting for games to come out and you want something cheap to keep you going then Ubersoldier will fit the bill.

Graphics are good, definatley not poor! I'm playing everything to the max at 1280x1024 no lag. The gameplay is difficult in places but generally I didn't find it too challenging. I kept going back to this game, it is addictive, but the ending did come to soon. Overall slighty above average. Check your specs first as it is a bit of a system hog!

My specs P4 3.6Ghz, 2GB Ram, X850 xt.

FlatOut 2 (PC)
FlatOut 2 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great racing game, 20 July 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FlatOut 2 (PC) (Computer Game)
Once you have got used to controlling the car (i'm using the keyboard!) this is a great racing game! You get nitro from travelling in the air, bashing other cars and scenery, which allows you to speed round corners, along straights or crunch other players.

Graphics are great and v smooth on high setting with no post processing, Gameplay is very good and addictive. There are 3 types of class: Derby and 2 racing classes. Only niggle is you sometimes get stuck in/on scenery or turn upside-down and you cannot reset so you have to retry the race again-annoying if you're doing well on the last lap!

Spec: P4 3.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, X850 XT GFX Card.

Sony MDR-DS3000K Infrared Wireless Headphones
Sony MDR-DS3000K Infrared Wireless Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Headphones-Great Sound, 17 July 2007
I thought the other day I would look for some headphones so I can enjoy watching TV or playing games late at night-I have always had the volume on my Sony 5.1 system down low for many years now. I dont know why I didn't think of getting some headphones 2-3 years ago?

I read many different headphone reviews on this site. I made my first choice- I wanted wireless. I could only find many mixed reviews about different makes of wireless headphone (very bad hissing, no real bass, tinny sounds). I have always trusted Sony when purchasing audio equipment. I saw the price tag ~140, could I justify spending this much money on them? I thought about it for 24 hours and thought well i will be using them every night, so if they are good then it is money well spent.

I bought them, then on a Sunday night I read some more reviews on different sites. Most of these were negative! I thought I may have made a mistake-I WAS WRONG!

I play games on my PC, watch DVDs and TV also via my computer. I was able to quickly connect the headphones via rca cable(analogue). The sound is crisp and has good bass effect too. Just normal TV progs made me jump the first night i used these. As for the hiss some people have commented on-when watching at night you dont need the volume as high as when you listen in the day so the hiss is minimal and only when no audio is being played. I realised my PC has an optical out which meant I now connect via the optical cable (digital)-sound is crisper, hissing reduced further. Background noises really come to life.

There are three sound options: no sound effects, Cinema (TV, Games, Films)and Music (games with music). The sound these headphones reproduce is amazing. They look fantastic and stylish. Self adjust to your head. They even switch off when you take them off your head! They can be recharged using the Cradle (~ 20 hours of use) or you can use AAA batteries (~32 hours of use).

Noreve Tradition BLACK leather case for Sony NW-A1000 with removable belt clip and snap closure

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Case for Sony Walkman, 9 July 2007
Very impressed with this case. Quality leather case holds walkman snuggly in place and protects it very well. When this is snapped onto the belt holder there is no way this is going to come off and fall on the floor-it is so secure. I have been using it down the gym and never had an issue with this.

Sony Walkman NW-A1000 - Digital player - HDD 6 GB - MP3 - display: 1.5" - silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased....., 9 July 2007
I bought this about 6 months ago. I wanted a smart mp3 player for listening to music only, I didn't need a colour screen, video player etc. So if you are looking to play music only you cant go wrong. Sound is Excellent and you can fit a lot of songs on, even more if you choose a lower Bit rate through either Connect/Sonic Stage. I have never used or been interested in using Connect. I have been using Sonicstage since the early Minidisc players from Sony. There is nothing wrong with SonicStage, a new version was released back in Feb 2007 it looks good and is very easy to use. You can import music from CDs, MP3s etc no problems. It is not a fast a drag and drop, but hey once you have added them to the player you wont need to do it again?

This looks and feels like a quality product, your friends with ipods will be jealous. Only gripe no charger cradle or case! These are sold separatley.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to be a Sniper?, 9 July 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had the demo of this ages ago and loved it. For some reason I forgot to buy the full game until now. For the price now I would definatley recommend it!

One thing i do love about this game is you can play it at a nice relaxing pace-stealth will help you get through the missions. The gameplay itself consists of 3-5 objectives per mission such as clear enemy in a given area, assassinations, destroy strategic points. Missions are varied enough to keep gameplay interesting.

You must use stealth and keep your distance from the enemy to make full use and advantage of your sniper rifle. You can also can carry machine guns, pistols, time bombs, grenades, first aid kits etc to help you on your way. Search bodies to top up your ammo etc.

Graphically the game is very good. You get a bullet cam view of kills which is very amusing and a nice touch which actually doesnt get too repetitive. Points are also awarded for special shots- 2 kills with one bullet, moving targets etc so you can go back do the level over again and try to improve.

Some people have said that the AI could be better? Are they playing on Rookie still? Change the difficulty to Sniper Elite and you will increase the realism. Wind, Gravity, Heart Rate will make aiming more real and the enemy will react faster and with more accuracy. The harder the level selected will mean you have less saves per level too.

Overall great Sniper FPS! Buy it! I'm playing on P4 3.6 Ghz, 2Gb Ram, X850 XT 256MB GFX Card-Full settings-No lag great framerates. Very enjoyable!

Call of Juarez (PC DVD)
Call of Juarez (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Average, 9 July 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game for around 8, I thought the graphics looked good and read some above average reviews for this FPS. I have in the past played GUN, another western FPS, which I thought was terrible. I thought things would be a lot better with this and reviews did back this up. I was wrong-I agree with many people who do not like the sneaking style part of this game. I have tried to get into this game but I cant. I seem to get frustrated very easily and end up turning it off. If you are looking for a pure FPS then I think you will find the sneaking part frustrating like I did!

Company of Heroes (PC DVD)
Company of Heroes (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic RTS, 17 May 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I dont play that many RTS games but I have enjoyed playing this game. The graphics are very detailed. This is not a game where you can just sit back and build a large army then charge at the other teams base. You have go on the offensive and gain groups of territory where you can increase your ammunition, fuel etc supplies. The levels are great and there is always a surprise, just when you think you are doing well. It is a challenging game that will keep you coming back for more. My spec P4 3.6 Ghz, 2GB Ram, X850 XT GFX card. Nearly can play on full settings at 1280x1024 resolution. It's a great looking game and the playability is there too so buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3