Profile for J. MACKENZIE > Reviews

Content by J. MACKENZIE

J. MACKENZIE (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
*** LARGE SILVER METAL JINGLE BELL *** CHRISTMAS POLAR EXPRESS XMAS DECORATION ELF REINDEER BELIEVE
Offered by Robelli Online (UK SHIPPER)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking -just a shame it doesn't JINGLE LIKE A BELL!!!!! The makers need to go and hear an actual bell and re-think these., 21 Dec. 2015
Nice and large and made of metal, but sounds like a cheap baby's rattle.
No jingle-jangle with these, which for the money they're asking is a let down.
Most disappointing, and defeating the whole object of a bell.
Not Christmassy.

Generic Air Zound 3 Rechargeable Air Horn
Generic Air Zound 3 Rechargeable Air Horn

4.0 out of 5 stars Over 2 years old and still going strong...and LOUD...!, 15 Jun. 2015
Had over 2 years of use out of this now and somewhat amazingly it's still working, despite its plasticky build quality!
The air bottle is bulky to fit to your frame with the Velcro provided and it can be awkward finding space on your handlebars for the horn assembly if they're a bit overcrowded with front lights, gear levers etc, but once fitted and pumped up with your tyre pump, this thing is SUPER LOUD! You WILL be heard!
The main criticism is it's flimsy quality. Surely it wouldn't take much for the manufacturer to spend just a little more on better quality materials for its construction...? People would pay more in the knowledge that it would be sure to give many years of service.

1 Meter x 25mm BLACK VELCRO® BRAND SELF ADHESIVE PS14 HOOK & LOOP - FREE UK DELIVERY
Offered by Falcon Workshop Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper, strong adhesive on the backing. Great., 15 Jun. 2015
This stuff is very cool. I used it to anchor several fairly heavy guitar effects pedals into a pedal board fitted with dense foam insert to make sure they didn't fall around in the case in transit. The adhesive is good and strong and the Velcro does it's job brilliantly. Perfect.

10 Jim Dunlop Picks Nylon Standard 1.00mm
10 Jim Dunlop Picks Nylon Standard 1.00mm
Offered by Dirty Riffs Guitar Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Best picks available!, 15 Jun. 2015
Jim Dunlop Nylon Picks really are the best picks out there. Nice and grippy and they last ages, where ordinary inferior plastic picks only last mere minutes. Shred to your hearts content without fear of carving the thing to bits!
-Just make sure you buy the Jim Dunlop NYLON picks!

6 Colour PVC Tape
6 Colour PVC Tape
Offered by SpickandSpice

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH TAPE. DOES NOT STICK!!!, 5 Jun. 2015
This review is from: 6 Colour PVC Tape (Misc.)
This PVC tape is terrible. It simply doesn't stick properly and immediately unravels. I bought the coloured rolls to colour code lengths of 13amp electrical cable but it's just not up to the job. Its cheap, but it's also rubbish. You get what you pay for. Spend a bit more and get some PVC tape that actually sticks.
The company also sent the wrong colours. I was sent several rolls of black and red, a roll of blue and one of yellow, making 10 rolls, but NO WHITE as shown in the product photo. They offered to change the order and have the tapes returned at their expense after requesting a photo from me to prove they had a made mistake, but by that time it was too close to the event I needed the tape for. You don't know what you're buying, so it's a case of buyer beware. Useless.

Stanley 143557 180cm FatMax I Beam Level
Stanley 143557 180cm FatMax I Beam Level
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

3.0 out of 5 stars Item not as described -even after product confirmation from seller, 16 Jun. 2014
This is a great spirit level; accurate and nice and sturdy with the rubber end pieces to stop it sliding around.

What isn't great is the mis-description of the product. At least 4 photos show ruled markings on the side of the level and this is further confirmed in the product description as "featuring a rule scale for ease of marking out".
Having read other disappointed reviews regarding this issue, I double checked with the supplier and they confirmed that it DID have a ruled scale, so I made the purchase… but upon delivery I was disappointed to see there were no markers.

You could also be forgiven for thinking there is a flat pencil included as shown, but there isn't.

I informed Ironmongery online who kindly issued me with a partial refund for the incorrect description, stating that they would amend the ad. However, as you can see, the ad has not been amended and the photos and description of the ruled scale remain.

Not the end of the world, it's just annoying!

Their responses to my emails are attached below, most recent first :

Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately the listing is ours and is Amazon's listing which we can only advise that the images are incorrect on the item but we cannot process anything our end to remove the hinges however they should be aware of the issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Kindest Regards,

Ironmongery Online

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for advising this, unfortunately you have received the correct item so we have looked into this for you and our supplier has informed us that the item does not come with the ruler markings which we have been incorrectly advised by them and will look into having the listing amended ASAP.

With regards to your order we can offer you a 25% refund on the order to keep the item or we can arrange to collect the item from you and issue you with a full refund for the order.

Again, Apologies for the inconvenience.

Flymo Glider 330 Electric Hover Collect Lawnmower 1450 W - 33 cm
Flymo Glider 330 Electric Hover Collect Lawnmower 1450 W - 33 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not glide!, 8 July 2013
I agree with SJK, in that this mower doesn't glide or move sideways like I had always been accustomed to previously with a Flymo.
It does indeed have an irritating habit of digging in, making mowing a chore rather than a hassle free job. The grass is never allowed to get very long and the blade is set on its highest setting for our new turf, so it really shouldn't dig in like it does. Our garden is only small at 45 feet long but it takes me a good hour to do it properly, which is a bit ridiculous.
I also think the blade is either not sharp enough or the motor is underpowered, as I often find myself going back over the same section several times to ensure it's cut properly. Build quality is also questionable as the plastic is pretty flimsy.
I would have given this mower a 3 star "OK", but because it doesn't glide (which is the whole point of the machine), is fairly poor quality and makes me irritable every time I use it, I have to give it a 2 star rating.
A disappointing Flymo.

TP-LINK TL-PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - Twin Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE; If you have more than 1 ring main in your house, they will not work!!!, 30 May 2013
There are no guidelines on requirements needed in your home for these products!
We ordered the twin pack as we have a poor wireless internet connection in one area of our home, followed the slightly vague instructions, plugged them in using the ethernet cables provided and nothing happened.
An email to TP Link technical support soon revealed that if you have more than one electrical ring main in your home (like we do), and have to plug each one into separate areas/ring mains in your house, the adapters cannot communicate with each other.
Had this been made clear in the product description, we wouldn't have ordered them. They have now been returned for a full refund.
The product description should be clearer!

Doomsday Machine
Doomsday Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Love heavy lead guitar playing?, you'll LOVE this!!!, 14 May 2012
This review is from: Doomsday Machine (Audio CD)
I'm astonished one reviewer says this album is "plain dull", as to me, it's the one Arch Enemy album that I currently can't stop listening to and I've listened to tons of metal my whole life. The death growl vocals may not be to everyone's liking, but aside from this I think it delivers pretty much everything most people who love metal would want to hear; Nice musical intros, layer upon layer of complex, concrete-heavy riffing, wicked double bass drumming with more timing changes than you could care to shake a stick at, screaming fast but graceful soloing, moody melodic and slow soloing with plenty of feel and all the while Angela Gossow squeezes every last bit of anger and emotion out her vocal chords. Lead guitarists will hear so many different styles packed in there from Blues and Rock, to Classical, to Oriental... They encompass so much musically particularly on this album and every time I stick it on I hear something I hadn't heard the last time. That to me is what makes them such a great band and this such a great album. Highly recommended.

Titanic (ITV) [DVD]
Titanic (ITV) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toby Jones
Offered by Discs4all

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL, 6 April 2012
This review is from: Titanic (ITV) [DVD] (DVD)
I want to give this 0 out of 5. I've always been fascinated by the Titanic story since I was small, so I looked forward to this series coming on recently -even though being made for ITV it was likely to be a disappointing effort, but I just have to agree with the previous reviews. The sinking is pretty much rushed out of the way in the first episode. This is the first irritating point. the following episodes then flash back in time leaving you distracted and bored. The acting is cheesy and wooden and the plot slowly meanders along in an incredibly mundane and frustrating manner. There is no edginess, no pace, no feeling of emotion, with cheap looking wishy-washy lighting and bland visual effects, and above all, there is absolutely no atmosphere or mounting suspense.
Knowing what it was like being on board that ship on that night is incomprehensible, yet you get no idea of any kind watching this series. You can't place yourself on that ship, lose yourself in the plot. The characters could be in any studio, anywhere. In my cynical opinion, it makes "Titanic" with DiCaprio look good -and that's saying a great deal. If you need to know more about the real passengers that sailed on that vessel, reading the books gives a much better insight. Wasted Sunday night viewing.

Page: 1 | 2