Profile for J. J. J > Reviews

Odelay
Odelay
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Alternativeness at its best., 17 May 2011
This review is from: Odelay (Audio CD)
I can't understand why anyone would give this album a rating under 3 stars, actually even that is too few stars because this is a truly remarkable album. It has got one of the most exciting atmospheres within and is really inspiring. If you are a fan of alternative music this is the most perfect album for you.

Control
Control
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 26 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Control (Audio CD)
Even though this isn't really Janet's own album, as the only part she did was the singing (and also participated in writing the lyrics), Control really is a great piece work and talent and sertainly deserves full 5 stars. :)

Red Shoes
Red Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best., 14 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Red Shoes (Audio CD)
I was quite dissappointed with this album the first time I listened to it. It seemed to lack that power Kate had came up with in The Dreaming and Hounds of Love and I quite quickly lost my interest on this album and it rested a long time on my shelf. I also thought this way about The Sensual World, until I fell in love with it and after that I gave another try for The Red Shoes and truly fell in love with it too. I just love that Kate uses the Trio Bulgarka in this album like she did in The Sensual World and they sound even better on The Red Shoes. That's why the Song of Solomon has become one of my favourite Kate Bush's songs.

Never For Ever
Never For Ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 12 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Never For Ever (Audio CD)
I think this album has some real magic in it. On 'Never for Ever' every track in it's own are really special, some in their lyrics, some in their melodies, and each one having their own sound instead of forming a musical lump. Overall this is a good album.

The Sensual World
The Sensual World
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love it eventually. Perhaps even more than other Kate's albums., 12 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Sensual World (Audio CD)
This is one of those albums I didn't care for after the first listening. The main reason for that is I introduced myself to Kate's music through the 'The Kick Inside' and the 'Hounds of Love' whichs are the definate opposites to the 'The Sensual World'. Those albums are quite powerfull musically and vocally whereas 'The Senual World' is quiet and calm. Anyhow after leaving it on my shelf for at least a month and not listening to it, I finally fell in love with it the next time I listened to it. I just 'got it'. It is a really beautiful album in it's calmness and melodies and is perfect for getting relaxed and enjoying your quiet evenings. I cenrtainly recommend this one for everybody. It a album full of magical moments.

Amarantine
Amarantine
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Enya., 12 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Amarantine (Audio CD)
This is definatelly the best one of all Enya's albums. I think 'Amarantine' is the most diverse album by this artist and has also the best melodies in it making it the most comfortable to listen to. I recommend this for everyone who desire for great relaxing music and relaxation. This is a very beautiful album that should win your heart and mind on it's side.

Under The Pink
Under The Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Love on not first but second listen., 12 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Under The Pink (Audio CD)
If you have bought this CD and didn't like it at the first listening I recommend you wait a while and listen some other albums by Tori and then give this album a second try. I fell in love with Tori's first album (Little Earthquakes) the first time I listened to it but the same didn't happen with 'Under the Pink'. I thought it lacked in emotion and melodies, but now I have discovered it really isn't much different from 'Little Earthquakes'. It has got the great piano playing and it's musically as fantastic as 'Little Earthqukes'. Actually I think it's kind of happier version of Tori's first album. I recommend this album for everybody.