Profile for Cygnus > Reviews

LEGO Star Wars Exclusive Set #30004 Battle Droid on STAP
LEGO Star Wars Exclusive Set #30004 Battle Droid on STAP
Offered by forgottensounds

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 2 July 2013
This was a nice easy-to-assemble kit for my 4 year old.

I've seen low reviews on this kit, but those seem to be mostly complaints about shipping, which I hardly think is the kit's fault.

Dungeons & Dragons - The Complete Animated Series [DVD]
Dungeons & Dragons - The Complete Animated Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Gibbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Heh, it's just cool, 2 July 2013
This is a nice trip down nostalgia lane. And it's a fun trip to share with my son and daughter. :D

LEGO Star Wars 75002: AT-RT
LEGO Star Wars 75002: AT-RT
Offered by ECM DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Four by the skin of its mechanical teeth, 2 July 2013
This review is from: LEGO Star Wars 75002: AT-RT (Toy)
My son loves this kit, and we had a great time putting it together. Based on that, this would have been a 5 star kit.

But there is a big problem: to move it when playing, he has to slide it rather than working the legs in a walking motion. He tries to but then the upper section with the rider always tilts back to a reclining position...which would be fine if the mini-clone wanted to relax with a beer and watch some tv....

Long story short: He loves the kit, but when playing with it, quickly gets tired of sliding it rather than moving the legs.

Angry Birds Star Wars Sticker & Poster Activity Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013) (Spring 2013)
by Pedigree Books Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars So many stickers...., 2 July 2013
There are tonnes of stickers. Enough said, considering that this is a sticker book.

My son loves it (and all things Star Wars).

The only drawback is that some of the sticker shapes, particularly the characters holding light sabers, are easily torn when 4-year-old fingers try to remove them from the book.

LEGO Star Wars 75001: Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troop
LEGO Star Wars 75001: Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troop
Offered by Sukiyaki JP

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 2 July 2013
Inexpensive... for Lego Star Wars. Assembled by my 4 year old with minimal adult guidance. He also loves the flickable torpedoes.

Angry Birds Star Wars Vader's Villains (Angry Birds Star Wars Reader)
Angry Birds Star Wars Vader's Villains (Angry Birds Star Wars Reader)
by Dk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a 4 year old, 30 May 2013
If your child loves Angry Birds Star Wars, this is a great buy. The book and paper are good sturdy quality and stand up well to standard 4-year-old "normal wear and tear".

The content is easily digestible without being too simple for beginning readers and younger sibling listeners.

Arn: Knight Templar [Blu-ray]
Arn: Knight Templar [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Simon Callow

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 18 April 2012
I was pleasantly surprised when I watched this movie. I'd read some very mixed reviews, so I went in with an open mind.

Over all, I recommend it. It's a good mix of plot and action that never lets you get bored with one or the other.

As to rent or buy....I will watch it again at some point, so I am happy that I bought it.

Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set
Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a child who likes cars, you should have this, 18 April 2012
This track by itself was the cause of many tiffs. After setting it up that first night and playing with it together with my son, setting up little wooden-block towers for the cars to knock down as they come off the jump, I finally got him to the diner table, then eventually to bed....or so we thought. The wife pauses the movie and I go in to get him back into bed...several times. :) This doesn't recur often enough to warrant taking the track down, but I've thought about it. :)

Needless to say, really, that he loves it and gets hours of enjoyment out of it.

The drawbacks are that, at 3 years old (yes, I know the product description says 4), it is a little difficult for him to get the track sections out of the holders and re-arrange them, so I have to keep a steady supply of the command strips handy for re-attachment. This really isn't such a big deal unless you have wall paper...which we did in the initial placement. The directions advise agains placing the track on wall paper, but I missed that at first. :)

There isn't much re-arranging that can be done with just the starter set, but as soon as other sets are added, all of the sections can be switched around, which is part of the fun. The track isn't the same every time.

All in all, my son and I have both really enjoyed playing not just with the track, but also the time we spend together setting things up and then running the cars.

Crank Brothers Multi-19 Tool  Bike tools & maintainance - Gold, Each
Crank Brothers Multi-19 Tool Bike tools & maintainance - Gold, Each

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well made, 18 April 2012
This bike tool is very well made and has already been subjected to a lot of stress. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the hexs could be a bit longer. Their length makes it impossible to reach one hex-nut past my front sprocket. ...fortunately it's not something I can foresee needing to mess with away from home, so it shouldn't be a problem on the road. :D

Masters Airflow Practice Balls - Orange
Masters Airflow Practice Balls - Orange
Offered by golfing-lady

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price and a medium-sized yard, 12 Aug 2011
The title pretty much says it all. These practice balls are perfect for iron and fairway wood practice in a medium-sized (25-m long) yard. And they are inexpensive and correspondingly non-durable.

Repeated use with shorter irons doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the life of the balls, but too much long iron or wood practice soon splits the ball along the seam. But given the typical price of the balls, I get definitely get my money's worth out of them.

As far as functionality, they are much like any practice ball with holes in them. If you strike well, they fly straight and true, but they exaggerate your errors with pronounced slices and hooks.

In summary: They won't last forever, but you'll benefit from them while they do last and you can replace them cheaply enough.

Page: 1 | 2