Profile for Nigel J. Dorey > Reviews

Content by Nigel J. Dorey

Nigel J. Dorey "ND" (Guernsey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Playshoes Baby Girl's 2 Piece Retro Swimsuit Original 9-12 Months
Playshoes Baby Girl's 2 Piece Retro Swimsuit Original 9-12 Months
Price: 21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Beach Outfit, 8 July 2014
We were very pleased with the awimsuit which fits our 10 month grand daughter very well. It is easy to get on and off and looks great and rinses out really well.

Frostfire Popup Beach Shelter with UV protection (50+ UPF)
Frostfire Popup Beach Shelter with UV protection (50+ UPF)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tent, 27 Jun 2014
Great little tent, goes up like a dream (as you would expect) and after a few practices got it back in the bag. The video on Utube of a Japanese lady packing one up is VERY useful.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Price: 3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 May 2014
I have owned this item for a couple of years and have to say it has never let me down, and always performs without any problems at all. Great buy

TomTom Start 20 UK, ROI and Western Europe 4.3in Sat Nav **Value Pack*
TomTom Start 20 UK, ROI and Western Europe 4.3in Sat Nav **Value Pack*

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 May 2014
For the price we paid this is an excellent sat nav. I am sure that there are better on the market and more complicated with a lot more features, but We simply wanted to get from A to B without any hassle and without getting lost, this does the job well

AD-6019 FOR SAMSUNG R20 0335C1960 LAPTOP CHARGER AC ADAPTER 19V 3.16A 60W MAINS BATTERY POWER SUPPLY UNIT
Offered by Delta Enterprise
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, 27 May 2014
Excellent, great replacement, came on time. One thing to note, the connection to your power cable is a three point not the usual two, so be aware if you were thinking of keeping your old power cable.

LG IPS224V 22 inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
LG IPS224V 22 inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 31 Jan 2014
I have had this TV now for over 9 months and love it. Very easy to set up and most important, GREAT picture quality

Faithfull Leather Chisel Roll - 8 Pocket
Faithfull Leather Chisel Roll - 8 Pocket
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 26 Jan 2014
When I started my trade back in 1997 I had a chisel bag very similar to this and it lasted years. It was great to see this one on the market and at such a cheap price. Having now used it for a few weeks. it is proving an excellent piece of kit and is softening around the chisels. Well done Faithfull

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6EB-K Compact Digital Camera Body Only - Black (16MP) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars My third G camera, 26 Jan 2014
About 6 years ago I dipped my toe back into the world of camera's with interchangeable lenses, by purchasing a Panasonic G1 and I have not looked back since. Two years later I upgraded to the G3 and now I have moved to the G6 (I purchased body only as I have two lenses). The G1 and G3 were excellent camera's but after only a few weeks of using the G6 I have to say this new model has moved on to a new level.

My first impression on taking it out of the box was that it felt a little plastic! My other two models had been very solid and felt that way in the hand. Having said that, I am now used to it and it is no longer a problem. The increased size of the grip makes it really comfortable to hold and the setting out of the whole camera is excellent and very user friendly.

Results to date have been excellent,although only early days and of the three models I have owned this one is by far the best. The improvements over the G3 which was a super camera are very impressive. The Wi Fi works really well and the option of operating your camera remotely from an Ipad is quite amazing. Noise on lmid level ISO has always been a slight problem with these models but as far as I am concerned that has now been resolved with quality pictures as high as 3,200

I still have many new features to try, which I am looking forward to, but I have no hesitation in recommending this camera either as a first entry into Micro four thirds or as an upgrade from the G3 (I won't merntion the G5).

Pixel RW-221/L1 Wireless Shutter Remote with RS1 Type Terminal for Panasonic DSLR
Price: 21.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 29 Dec 2013
For such a cheap item I am amazed at how well this works. Used it for a family shot, which is something I did not really buy it for, but it was great, no running back to your spot and getting a shot of the back of your head!

HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer
Offered by Value_Deal
Price: 69.55

1.0 out of 5 stars One month in and not happy, 29 Dec 2013
The printer arrived on time and in good condition. This is for home use and so far after about 3 weks use I love it. Easy to set up and used with wireless network from all over the house. Love the easy link to Ipad etc

Update- Well I have now had the printer for a month or so and I am not happy! The paper feed makes a terrible racket as if a bearing has gone or something and I am expecting it to fail at any time! Although the paper tray is fully stacked with paper the printer keeps stopping and telling me it has no paper or it is wrongly stacked! I simply press the restart and off it goes, very anoying, especially on multi page prints where you have to sit there! As soon as an ink level gets low, any colour print you want to make simply loses that colour, there is no warning, it works or it is empty!

As I said above the set up is simple and it is a cheap machine, but cheap or not it has to work! Based on the last month I would not recommend this printer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3