Profile for Eduardo > Reviews

Content by Eduardo

Eduardo (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
MENS SAFETY TRAINERS WORK STEEL TOE CAP SHOES BOOTS SIZE 6-12UK HIKING WALKING (9)
Offered by BARGAINS-GALORE

4.0 out of 5 stars good but I needed to buy insoles, 8 July 2014
I'm doing the GCC "10,000 steps a day" challenge. I've walked nearly 200km in these now, and they're still comfy.
I had to buy new insoles as the original kept slipping towards the heel. Best so far are Superdrug gel insoles.
The fit is good but I am an 8 1/2 UK size and these are an EU 43 which is supposed to be a 9!! 'm happy enough as I don't need to wear extra socks, but a proper 9 will need a 44. Nice wide fit like my Clarks.

NEW Tilt & Swivel Cantilever Thickend 2mm Material TV Wall Bracket for 10"-42" LCD LED TV Max Vesa 200x200mm, Strong Capacity 65lbs for Samsung LG ect.
Offered by bpsltduk

5.0 out of 5 stars sturdy, 8 July 2014
very sturdy. I'm only using it for a tv that's on a small table to stop the tv getting pulled over by small persons, but it's nearly good enough for me to use as a seat.

The Plantagenet Vendetta
The Plantagenet Vendetta

2.0 out of 5 stars dreary, 8 July 2014
dreary. he proceeded drearily. I drearily read it to the dreary end. Needs to spend some time writing short stories and get a more ruthless editor.

Supergets® Red Flip Pocket PU Leather Case Cover For HTC One Mini (M4) + Screen Protector and Polishing Cloth
Offered by MGT Group

4.0 out of 5 stars neat, 8 July 2014
neat wee case and doesn't make the phone too bulky

COMFORT INSOLES SHOCK ABSORBING FOR SPORTS SHOES TRAINERS 2 PAIRS 1 SIZE FIT ALL
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 8 July 2014
pretty rubbish. I wore holes in them within a couple of weeks. Got Superdrug Gel insoles - much better

KNOTS SPLICES AND ROPE WORK A HYATT VERRILL * AN ENHANCED BOOK ON A CD * A FULLY ILLUSTRATED GUIDE

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition pictures are not clear and not the best explanations, 24 May 2014
The PDF version is OK, and there is a useful collection of stuff from the web in the "extras" section, but I was really hoping for a good knots & splices book for the kindle, and this isn't it!

There are problems of image quality both on my paperwhite and on the latest Windows7 kindle reader. There are white bars across the diagrams, and the diagrams e.g. the Turks Head haven't been made to fit the page, the diagrams are of the "start like this and then magically end up with a fancy knot" type, and the accompanying text doesn't really help an awful lot.

The Spear of Destiny (Peter Dennis Book 2)
The Spear of Destiny (Peter Dennis Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars If I'd wanted a Vatican Tour Guide I would have bought one!, 1 April 2014
If I'd wanted a Vatican Tour Guide I would have bought one! OK for a short story, but it seemed like it needed a more ruthless editor.

The Drowning Guard: A Novel of the Ottoman Empire
The Drowning Guard: A Novel of the Ottoman Empire

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story well told, 1 April 2014
I found myself getting quite gripped by the story. I almost wished there was room to follow through the guard's career further.

Happy to Fly: Autobiography
Happy to Fly: Autobiography
by Ann Courtenay Edmonds Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story, 7 Feb 2014
Saving up her money to buy a motorbike so that she could do odd jobs at the airfield and blag flying lessons. In the 1930s. For a girl! An amazing character. I met her briefly at an RAeS conference in the late 80s and she was still a dynamic champion of popular flying.

Anne served as a delivery pilot in WW2, and was later an absolute bastion of British gliding, along with Frank Irvine, working as a test pilot (yes, there are a few good tales in the book).

This book really gets across the joy of flying. Neil Williams "Aerobatics" and John Nesbitt's "The Black Lysander" are other books to look for if you enjoy this.

Hannah Reichs "The Sky, My Kingdom" was good, but the writing style isn't a patch on Welch.

Joan Baez Debut Album
Joan Baez Debut Album

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a wobbly recording, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Joan Baez Debut Album (Audio CD)
The singing is beautiful, and theres some good guitar work that you don't get on Farewell Angelina or Noel, but this sounds in places like someone taped it at home. Especially noticeable on Donna Donna if you're wearing headphones. And my ears aren't the best - I'm no HiFi buff!!

Still, I'm glad I got it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4