Profile for John Baldock > Reviews

Content by John Baldock

John Baldock (York, UK)

Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (PC DVD)
Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible menu and Windows Live killed this game for me, 10 Mar. 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I wanted a racing game to have some fun with and this looked good. After installing I had to jump though so many frustrating hoops with Windows Live and the game that I almost gave up before having a race. I stuck with it though and once I was in game I had to use a horrible menu system that constantly got in the of me actually getting to drive a car. I would not recommend this to anyone even if the actual racing is awesome, when a game makes you genuinely angry you know they have done something wrong...

Head First Design Patterns
Head First Design Patterns
by Eric Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for PHP 5 users too, 23 Nov. 2006
I ordered this book before I read that the examples inside it are written in Java. I do not have any knowledge of Java, the only language I know is PHP.

However this was not a problem as the code in the book is minimal and is very focused on the design pattern being explained at the time. If you have knowledge of object oriented programming then I'm sure this book will be good for you. It is an absolute Gem!