ARRAY(0xb69cd2b8)

Profile for Charlie > Reviews

Content by Charlie

Charlie

New Black Ladies Mini Umbrella - Has no Cover - 9" Length - Has a rope carry handle - Compact enough to carry in a handbag (Pack of 1)
Offered by Velocity Marketplace
Price: 3.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap umbrella, not much use past a small breeze., 23 Mar 2014
If it's heavy wind, keep this out of the way. It is nothing more than a cheap brolly. Buy a nice 20 umbrella and get your moneys worth.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't fall for Roku's scam!, 23 Mar 2014
I initially purchased this because I wanted to watch Netflix on my TV whilst saving up for the shiny Roku 3! Anyway, I bought this from eBay for a little more than 30 and I was still quite happy with the price. In the box it comes with the Dongle, usb cable and a usb wall plug. Setting it up is quite easy. I downloaded a couple of apps (Netflix, Youtube ect.) and they all seem to stream very nicely over my 4MBPS connection. Only negative to the device is that because it uses your phone to function it must have charge in it. So I keep it plugged in when watching stuff. I am considering buying a cheap 40 tablet and sticking it to my wall and using it as a permanent remote. Well done Google, such a cheap and awesome device.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2014 11:24 AM GMT

STAR N9599 - 5.7 Inch HD (1280*720 pixels) huge Screen Tablet Phone Android 4.2 MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz with hand-write stylus (Grey, White)
Offered by BW Corp
Price: 101.11

5.0 out of 5 stars How can it be so good but for so little money!?, 5 Feb 2014
I have always been a little bit nervous when I buy Chinese electronics. This is because I have a fear of them breaking and/or being terribly slow. This does not apply to this phone. It is amazing in every way and makes Samsung look like greedy money grabbers. Here's a full review on everything after using it for a week.

Screen - The screen itself is amazing, it's crisp and clear. I have heard it has a blue tint to it but I haven't noticed anything over than a superb screen. It's not Apple retina display but it's Samsung screen quality. It's very responsive and it very sensitive.

WiFi - The WiFi is great, everything loads fast and I haven't noticed any slow-downs. Connecting the phone to your router is very easy too.

Setting Up - When you turn on the phone for the first time you don't get a setup wizard or anything. You get a regular Android mobile where you can start installing all your apps straight away.

Call Quality - It sounds nice, I can hear the other end clearly and loudly. It also can get signal anywhere as it has a great antenna.

Camera - The back camera is fantastic, usually Chinese phones have terrible poor cameras this one doesn't. However the front camera is decent quality but no matter how much light I have around me it always is terribly choppy when I move the camera. Still takes a nice picture though!

Battery Life: The phone comes with two batteries which I thought was because the phone is terrible in the battery life department, I was wrong. On a full charge it lasts me from 7am in the morning to 9pm at night. However, this phone doesn't charge in an hour. Be sure to leave it on overnight.

Speed - The speed is awesome as well, it loads all my apps nice and quick and also plays Clash Of Clans smoothly as well.

Build Quality - This feels like a 500 smartphone, nobody I know can tell this is a Note 2 clone. It looks like the real thing and it acts like it to.

Speaker quality - The speaker quality is fantastic! I can blast my music out because it has a very loud speaker.

Accessories - Unfortunately, this isn't a clone that was made to the dot, meaning that Note 2 cases don't fit. However, the manufacturer gives you a free flip case in the box so you can protect your phone. I have also found a link to buy the flip cases for this exact phone. They're pretty cheap too.

PROS: CHEAP PHONE THAT IS AMAZING, HAVE HUGE 5.7" SCREEN, CAMERA IS LOVELY, WIFI IS FAST, RUNS ALL APPS.

CONS: NOTE CASES DON'T FIT, GETTING SUPPORT ISN'T EASY BECAUSE IT'S UNBRANDED.

The Conclusion: This phone is great, I'd recommend it to anyone on who wants a Samsung smartphone but doesn't want to pay Samsung money. I feel this would make a great Christmas present for someone who wants a fast big phone. The stylus is nice but it's easier to use my fingers, but I only use it when I have grease on my fingers. The screen is a nice HD screen. Please take my word for it, this phone is superb don't be afraid to delve into the Chinese smartphone world. Branded companies will never see my money again. If I get a 2 years of this phone I'll be back for the same phone!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 5:56 PM GMT

Michael Kors Mk5055 Ladies Sport Champagne Dial & Gold Plated Bracelet Watch
Michael Kors Mk5055 Ladies Sport Champagne Dial & Gold Plated Bracelet Watch
Offered by Imperiality
Price: 113.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, and I'm a man!, 27 Dec 2013
I know it's for a woman but I'm a man and it looks great on me. It's a gold watch but it's not a cheap tacky gold. I always get compliments on this because everyone loves it. However, BUY THIS WATCH FROM AMAZON. I bought this from my local jewelers and it was 269! Amazon sells it much cheaper and you still get a MK Guarantee. Other than that, it's elegant and beautiful.

Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB
Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB
Price: 129.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, lack of apps. Would go with Samsung., 23 Dec 2013
The OS theme is horrible, it looks cluttered and messy. If I could I'd definitely go with a Galaxy Tab.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Price: 59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 Aug 2013
If you love reading you'll love this! The best thing about a kindle is the battery life. On a full charge it'll last for 1 month!Plus if you're a little naughty you can get the books for free. It's lightweight and perfect for travel. When you go on holiday/vacation it frees up tons of space in your hand luggage! There's no glare and doesn't cause strain at all. For the price this is an exceptional product although it would be good if the screen was more whiter on the background the 'paper' looks grey.

3 Pack Lcd Mirror Screen Protector For iPhone 4 4G
3 Pack Lcd Mirror Screen Protector For iPhone 4 4G
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 1.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very mirror-e., 9 Aug 2013
You can barely see a reflection and if you're in bright light you can't see your screen. Just stick with a regular protector.

Make Money on Zazzle: Tips from a ProSeller
Make Money on Zazzle: Tips from a ProSeller
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Helpful., 9 Aug 2013
This is a perfect for a 60 year old woman who knows nothing about computers but unlike me this is just a short book on the very basics of zazzle. Everything I read I already knew. Would not recommend.