Profile for Danny Darko > Reviews

Content by Danny Darko

Danny Darko (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TP-LINK TL-WA860RE 300 Mbps Universal Wall Plug Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster with External Antennas and Integrated Pass-Through Socket (WPS Function/Easy Configuration)

1.0 out of 5 stars Marginally less effective than not having one., 4 May 2016
Our wireless router is in the corner of the house and partially obscured by the TV. I had hoped this device would solve the range issues we have been having; after all that is what it is designed to do. Positioning this range extender in the centre of the house for best overall coverage, I found that although the connection between the extender and the router was fairly strong according to the monitor page, the Internet connection kept dropping for no apparent reason.

Connections between our devices and the extender didn't appear to be dropping either, so although the range issue is effectively solved the extender introduced a more serious problem. I found the overall reliability of the Internet connection from most devices anywhere in the house to be better without the extender regardless of where it was placed, therefore I feel it appropriate to declare this device useless to me. Your mileage may vary.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2016 11:43 AM BST

[Tool-Free] Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure External Hard Drive Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD SSD with USB 3.0 Cable, Tool-free HDD Installation
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap, does the job., 15 Dec. 2015
No problems getting drives in and out, transfer rate seems as good as any other USB3 enclosure I've used. No complains at all.

Belkin QODE Wireless Lightweight Dual Device Pairing, Autowake Keyboard for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, Mini and Android Devices up to 10 inch
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, one that works!, 17 Nov. 2015
I've been looking for portable Bluetooth keyboard that isn't specific to any particular device for some time. I tried a cheap "1byone" offering that almost caught fire when I tried to charge it and a Microsoft Universal Mobile Keyboard that had a space bar that didn't work. This Belkin product is compact and the keyboard itself is really nice to use for such a small device. The kick stand works very well with my Nexus 9; I've also tried it with an iPad and a 9.7" Samsung tablet and it's very good indeed.

Microsoft Universal Mobile Keyboard - Black, UK Layout
Microsoft Universal Mobile Keyboard - Black, UK Layout
Offered by Luzern

1.0 out of 5 stars Has a fundamental flaw., 27 Oct. 2015
Only the centre of the space bar is responsive. I often hit only the edge of the space bar with the side of my thumb when I am typing and on this keyboard, it has no effect. I would need to alter the way I type in order to use this, which is not going to happen. I have used so many keyboards over the last few years and never had this problem before.

NAVIGON Europe
NAVIGON Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid on my Nexus 5, 17 Aug. 2015
This review is from: NAVIGON Europe (App)
I was really impressed with Navigon when I had an iPhone. The Android version is just as good and it has never exited to the home screen en-route like Google Maps does. It doesn't flood the screen with a ton of irrelevant information like Sygic. It's not ever so elegant but it works, that's the main thing.

QUMOX SFC30 PRO Bluetooth Controller Gamepad Japan version for IOS / Android / Windows / Mac
Offered by Sunwood-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars 8Bitdo SFC30, 21 July 2015
I had been put off buying one of these replica controllers because there are many different types available and "don't expect Nintendo quality" has been said of some Qumox controllers. I was never much of a SNES fan and would have been happier with a replica Sega controller, but quality is everything and this pad looked reassuringly expensive.

I found the same as the other reviewer in that the product I received was branded 8Bitdo Super Gamepad SFC30. The build quality is superb; it really feels like the rugged controllers of yesteryear. The D-pad action feels good and once I got the hang of how to switch it on and off (long press on the Start button) I set about testing it with all my devices. No issues with Bluetooth, everything worked a treat.

1byone Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Touch Keyboard with Built-in Multi-touch Touchpad and Rechargeable Battery, Black
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Potentially dangerous product - it melted., 17 July 2015
When I received this keyboard I connected it to a 500ma USB port on my laptop (as the manual suggests) but I found it refused to charge; none of the LEDs were lit. Assuming it needed more power I plugged it into a 1500ma USB wall charger (iPad type). Still no LED activity lit up so I left it for two hours in the hope it would charge.

The keyboard's USB socket became incredibly hot and the plastic around it had actually melted (see picture). Another hour and this thing could have been on fire! Obviously my unit has a fault, but this the first time I've had a computer product melt on my desk in 20 years.

Clearly the quality of these products is woeful, hence the ridiculously low price. Don't risk your family's safety and spend a bit more on something decent.
Comment Comment | Permalink

HTC T1 Keyboard Folio Case
HTC T1 Keyboard Folio Case

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrow keys are too small., 23 May 2015
This product seems overpriced for what it is, but considering how much it costs from the Google Play store it was a bit of a bargain. The keyboard is fairly nice to use but it feels a little bit flimsy as a case. Not quite the same quality as the Logitech keyboard cover I had for my iPad 2, but it does the job.

Update: after only a couple of days of using this I have started to develop RSI. I type for a living and this is the first time I have experienced anything like this. This is because the arrow keys (cursor keys) are just too small and I have to scrunch up my hand to navigate around documents with them. I will be sending the keyboard back for a refund.

Anker Screen Protector for 2014 HTC Google Nexus 9 [2-Pack] - Xtreme Scratch Defender Crystal-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless as always., 23 May 2015
I have used this brand on my Nexus 5 phone, iPad Mini and now Nexus 9. Perfect fit, went on perfectly on the first attempt. They've included two stickers: one for catching specs of dust and one for repositioning, which seemed pointless at first but is actually a stroke of genius. It is always tricky to get these on without air bubbles or foreign particles underneath, but the quality of the film and the technique they suggest made it fairly easy. Great product.

The Puppet Company - CarPets - Hen Hand Puppet
The Puppet Company - CarPets - Hen Hand Puppet
Offered by Puppets By post

5.0 out of 5 stars Bwoark!!!, 11 Mar. 2015
The picture doesn't do it justice. Chickens are inherently funny and this puppet captures the round shape and vacant look in the eyes that makes them so. It's entertaining even when it's not moving; just roosting somewhere random. When you've got your hand inside it, you can't help clucking like a lunatic even if the child isn't paying attention.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5