Profile for gus > Reviews

Content by gus

gus

Page: 1 | 2
New 3 In 1 HD 1080P 4.3" Car DVR Accident Video Recorder Rear View Camera Mirror GPS (Genuine 6000A, Slimmest, with G-sensor, Quality Ensured)
Offered by GLOBALEBUY-UK
Price: 64.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 30 July 2014
The camera is unusable.As the previous reviewer stated it vibrates constantly and is terrible when the vehicle is ticking over especially in my diesel car.The vibration problem is due to the rubbers which fit around your existing mirror they don't provide a stable base.Secondly unless the light levels are low you cannot see an image on screen so the reversing camera cannot be used.I tried all the camera settings but nothing improved the image.
I tried it indoors using a 32GB class 10 memory card and the recorded image is very clear but I still had to move it around to see the image.
The cables are nice and long.All the settings work fine and the menu buttons are hidden until you press a little button.The user manual is not to bad but all this is pointless if you cannot see anything.I have neck problems and I thought this would help me with reversing but unfortunately not.

Prestigio 10.1 inch MultiPad 4 Quantum IPS Pannel PC Tablet (Quad Core 1.6GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful quality feels cheap and nasty, 26 April 2014
I bought this for my daughter she used it a few times than my wife started using it.I heard my wife call me the screen had cracked all she did was pick it up.The plastic edging around the screen is paper thin and you could see the cracked area changing colour when pressing the plastic.It was still in warranty but the company would not honour the warranty.Before it broke we had constant problems with it refreshing all the time and freezing so it had to be reset quite often.
A friend has one and he has the same problems.

We returned the item for repair and was told they didn't have the parts so we were offered a NEW ONE for the same price as the repair.Ok I thought that seems like good customer service.This one is as bad as the first one and is always freezing up.Then my wife tried to plug in some ear phones and there was a problem the jack is not in the case it's just a hole.I called the company and was told to return it at OUR COST it also transpired the item was not new it was reconditioned.

My advice don't touch these or any prestigio products with a barge pole they are awfully slow and feel cheap and nasty.Go for a well known brand I ended up buying my daughter an ASUS tablet it was cheaper has far better specs feels good quality and is much more responsive.I cannot give zero stars or I would.

Great Ideas Set of 3 Terracotta Effect Drainpipe Flower Plant Pots - Easy Fit To Your Rainwater Drain Pipe - Ideal Garden Planters

5.0 out of 5 stars We love them, 14 April 2014
We bought these for the rear of our property they fit the gutter down pipe "old asbestos type" and the new soil pipe perfectly.Once planted with petunia duos they will look stunning.Personally I would prefer trailing plants as the effect will increase down the pipework.
I like the idea of being able to brighten up a mundane piece of functional pipework.

Hellenia Devils Claw 750mg - 360 Tablets - Traditional Used for Relief of Joint Pain and Inflammation
Offered by Hellenia
Price: 14.75

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to work, 14 April 2014
My chocolate Lab is 10 years old and has difficulty walking any distance and getting up off her bed.She has been on Devils claw 450g per day for a while and it certainly seems to help.There is a noticeable improvement her rear legs seem more steady and she can get up easier. One thing I will say she is a bit windy on these tablets lol.

Byron MP001 100m Mp3 Wireless Door Chime with 32 Pre-Loaded Sounds
Byron MP001 100m Mp3 Wireless Door Chime with 32 Pre-Loaded Sounds
Price: 31.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Devours batteries, 26 Mar 2014
The chime works fine apart from as the heading says it devours batteries.I have to replace the batteries every two to three weeks it's ridiculous.I am thinking of returning it as unfit for purpose.

Croydex Euro Soap Dispenser Trio Chrome
Croydex Euro Soap Dispenser Trio Chrome
Price: 20.10

3.0 out of 5 stars The dispenser lasted 15 months, 9 Feb 2014
The right hand side pump no longer works which is pretty annoying. I would have expected it to have lasted longer than 15 months.It is now destined for the bin because the other two pumps have broken.we now have an awful looking mount stuck to the tiles which will be difficult to remove.
The single action dispenser purchased at the same time is used for basin soap and is made by another manufacturer is still going strong.It has been used a lot more frequently than the broken trio dispenser.In my opinion this is a poor quality product I wish I could change my rating and give ONE STAR.

Canon PIXMA MG5250 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)
Canon PIXMA MG5250 All-In-One Wi-Fi Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy and Scan)

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst printer I have ever owned AVOID, 30 Oct 2013
If I could give zero stars I would.The MG 5250 takes forever to print and just sits there whirring and buzzing and then after several minutes decides to print and even then it is exceptionally slow.The printer uses ink as if it is applying it with a paste brush,even after adjusting all the settings to try and make it more economical it still eats ink.The quality of photo printing is not very good the colours look washed out and unless you have full cartridges I would not even attempt printing a photo.It also does not have gray scale in the true sense.
When printing black text the useless thing still uses the very expensive colour cartridges.Why does it do this? I shall tell you why so you have to continuously buy Cannon cartridges.It is also the reason Cannon have made sure the printer will not even scan if the cartridges are empty,there is no reason to do this apart from the reason I have already mentioned.CANNON YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR.At present my colour cartridges are low but have not run out but it will not print the one page of black text my daughter needs for her homework.
The printer is not of satisfactory quality and unfit for purpose so using SOGA I have contacted Cannon.
No one should expect to wait 5 minutes for one page of text to finally start to print or to then tell you your ink has run out AGAIN.I am so appalled at the quality of this printer and the amount of ink it uses and I am not the only one by the looks of it.Avoid this printer or suffer the bottomless pit ink eating dreadful machine at your peril.

I have now swapped back to my old HP Photosmart 8150 instant fast economical printing again.This is how a printer should work CANNON take note this older printer puts yours to shame.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent rod for the price, 14 Oct 2013
I bought this rod a while back at another site for 9.00.To be honest I was not expecting much but for the price it was worth taking the chance.The rod is light and very flexible it gives good feedback you can feel how the lure,shad,spinner is behaving. So far is has landed pike to 17lb without any problems being soft it does help prevent hook pulls.It casts well and is comfortable in the hand quite impressed with it.Not sure about the rrp it is certainly a decent buy at under 20 though.

Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 July 2013
I bought this for my two Labradors. They love having their coats combed and it definitely strips out more hair than previous combs.
I recommend this product.

Miracle-Gro 1kg Flower Magic Flower Seeds with Feed and Coir Mix Jug (Multi-coloured)
Price: 5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor results, 27 Jun 2013
We followed the instructions to the letter it has now been two months and very few shoots have appeared.Apart from a few growths of about 25mm high which look like weeds there are no signs of flowers. I would not recommend or buy this product again very poor. It you do decide to use flower magic try to protect them from birds as they love them very expensive bird seed that's about all its good for.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2013 8:40 PM BST