Profile for L. O. Woodford > Reviews

thumbsUp! Selfie Phone Finder - wireless security tag
thumbsUp! Selfie Phone Finder - wireless security tag
Offered by pascherici

1.0 out of 5 stars Everything about this is broken., 17 Nov. 2014
Where do I start? I recently purchased this product from Robert Dyas as I thought it was a brilliant idea for a device. It had three functions that appealed to me.

1) Being able to set off an alarm on my keys when I can't find them.
2) Being able to set off an alarm on my phone when I can’t find it.
3) Being able to put that selfie stick gifted me to good use without having to set a timer.

Out of these three functions only one works and in a backward kind of way.

The first issue I had was with the instructions. They have been formatted in such a way that for a long while I was under the impression that different languages had been mishmashed together. As I read down the page like a normal person the English instructions turn in to Spanish instructions. It is only later I realized that the top part of the page has been dedicated to the English instructions while the the lower page is for other languages. This could of a lot easier to read with proper formatting and/or a dividing line.

My next issues and the most annoying was figuring out which app I needed to use the device. On the instructions that came with the product it told me I need the Itag app. When I searched for this on google play store however there was no such app so I checked the company’s website where it tells me to download the FINDEASY app. Yet again I searched google play store to no avail. Finally I gave up and called the company’s “general inquiries” line explained my problem and was transferred to their marketing department where I had to explain my problem again only to be told that I needed to download the iTracing app. I explained to the company representative that it would make their customers lives a lot easier and if they had put the name of the app in the manual or linked to the app off of the products web page but he didn’t fill me with confidence that anything was going to change.

“Finally!” I thought! I have the app. Now all I have to do is link it and have a play around.
Linking the devices was simple enough. Unfortunately at this point I realised after all this effort to get them paired the product doesn’t work. I first tried setting off the alarm on the phone by double tapping the button on the fob... nothing. Then I tried setting off the alarm on the fob using the phone… nothing. Then I tried taking photos by putting the iTracing app in to camera mode and pressing the fob button… again nothing.

In fact the only time one of the devices reacted because of the other is when I turned the fob off. Then and only then did the alarm on my phone go off. It is also then that I realised that the alarm is dependent on your phones volume setting. Since my phone has a volume rocker on the side a thief (even if they can’t get passed my lock screen) can simply lower the volume to zero.

This product is very much broken. Save your money and look somewhere else.

The first issue I had was with the instructions. They have been formatted in such a way that for a long while I was under the impression that different languages had been mishmashed together. As I read down the page like a normal person the English instructions turn in to Spanish instructions. It is only later I realized that the top part of the page has been dedicated to the english instructions while the the lower page is for other languages. This could of a lot easier to read with proper formatting and/or a dividing line.

My next issues and the most annoying was figuring out which app I needed to use the device. On the instructions that came with the product it told me I need the Itag app. When I searched for this on google play store however the was no such app so I checked the companies website where it tells me to download the FINDEASY app. Yet again I searched google play store to no avail. Finally I gave up and called the companies general inquiries line explained my problem and was transferred to there marketing department where I had to explain my problem again only to be told that i needed to download

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 5 uses., 29 Nov. 2012
As the title states I have only worn these a few times and they are already broken. I originally got these for fancy dress and for that they served the purpose so I am giving it 2 stars. It is just a shame they didn't last as I was getting used to throwing them in to everyday rotation.

Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone [Blu-ray]
Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Hideaki Anno

3.0 out of 5 stars Great blu-ray but where is my guidebook?, 21 Jun. 2012
The film and blu ray quality are great and if that was all I was reviewing I would give this a 5 star but I am rating the package as a whole and I can't help but feel stiffed when the American version in addition to everything we get also comes with a 20 page guidebook. "The first two pages discuss why remaking Eva was done and gives a small introduction. After that there are a few pages that describe various versions of animation that appear in the Rebuild video extra. It ends with profile data and a short description of the music video on the Blu-ray. Throughout the booklet are pages that contain nothing but good quality art." (taken from fanboyreview.com)

When all that Manga UK really did was port the US disc, would it of been so hard for them to port the booklet too?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 1:52 AM GMT