Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now
Profile for Black Dog > Reviews

Content by Black Dog

Black Dog (Rye UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 11 Oct. 2013
I originally gave this clock a fairly good review but after the last week - it's ready for the bin. Despite numerous attempts to get it to pick up a radio signal, it fails.

I had another radio controlled clock in exactly the same place before which worked fine but this clock really struggles to pick up the signal, a regrettable purchase.

Kenwood TTM109 2-Slice Twin Toaster 900W - Black
Kenwood TTM109 2-Slice Twin Toaster 900W - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toaster, 11 Aug. 2013
After buying an awful cheap toaster which packed up I decided to spend a bit more and I haven't been disappointed. Well made and the functions are simple, just a simple timer and a on slice facility.

Russell Hobbs 18800 Buxton 2 Slice Toaster - Black
Russell Hobbs 18800 Buxton 2 Slice Toaster - Black
Offered by Slamtech Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap rubbish, 4 Aug. 2013
Well it goes to show you get what you paid for. This toaster died after about a month and wasn't used much, poorly made and didn't make good toast. Don't be fooled by the posh look and if you like your toast, look round for something more expensive that will last

All Hell Breaks Loose [Special Edition]
All Hell Breaks Loose [Special Edition]

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 31 July 2013
I was told by a mate of mine that this was the nearest thing to Lizzy he had ever heard, so I was looking forward to listening to it. To be honest I wasn't that bothered if it did sound like Lizzy but hoped for a good rock album.

Sadly, its neither and just a bunch of mediocre songs that sound distantly like Lizzy even the singer has a Lynott twang.

The production is awful - the guitars are fizzy and the bass just a rumble with no definition.

Not recommended

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 25 July 2013
OK I'm not a die hard Knopfler fan but have enjoyed a lot of his stuff and Dire Straits. This double CD is just plain dull - track after track that do nothing.

Riding Shotgun: 35 Years on the Road with Rory Gallagher and Nine Below Zero
Riding Shotgun: 35 Years on the Road with Rory Gallagher and Nine Below Zero
by Gerry McAvoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great account of man, 11 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this book and gave an insight to a man that none of knew anything about apart being a brilliant musician and performer.
I followed Rory from seeing him with Taste in the early 70's to the late 80's and actually shook his hand at a gig!
I knew nothing about his problems at the end of his life and battle with alcoholism so when I received the news, it was a great shock.

I thought McAvoy gave a good account of events and the progress of the band through its changing line up.

I don't agree with people who said that he should have been grateful for playing with Rory and whinging about money or recognition. Who wants to work for someone who is reluctant to pay you a decent wage and be intimidated into asking for a rise? As for recognition - what about Mitch Mitchell & Noel Redding or Stevie Ray Vaughan's band?

I think McAvoy had real respect for Rory and nothing but admiration of him.

I like his views on people in the business; he doesn't hold back and gives a frank opinion!

Didn't like the rather sycophantic meetings with big stars which seem a common thread in the book.

Great read and inspired me to go out and restock a compilation of Rory's albums and realise why I thought he was brilliant!

Mercy, Mercy
Mercy, Mercy

2.0 out of 5 stars Crummy rendition of an old tired song, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mercy, Mercy (MP3 Download)
I bought this thinking it would be cool remembering the Stones version but sadly doesn't come up to the mark. Geoff Lynne plays all the instruments well but the drums are appalling and lets the song down. I expect better from this great artist/producer

The Ukulele Album
The Ukulele Album

4.0 out of 5 stars Really fun, musical cd, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Ukulele Album (Audio CD)
My daughter bought this for me as she couldn't get a copy of the Ukulele ochestra of GB 's cd but what a choice! It's a really good blend of ukulele and other other instruments with a great choice of songs. Love it!

InventCase Apple iPad 2 / 3 / 4 Tablet (2nd, 3rd and 4th Generations - 9.7-Inch) Smart Multi-Functional PU Leather 2-Fold Case Cover with Sleep Wake Function - Purple
Offered by Sunny Savers Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and does the job, 13 Nov. 2012
My last case was pretty useless as you couldn't stand the Ipad up, this one does the job! Good stuff

Kala KA-GAS Solid Golden Acacia Top Soprano Ukulele
Kala KA-GAS Solid Golden Acacia Top Soprano Ukulele
Offered by Zoundhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tone and a great looking instrument, 21 Oct. 2012
I was given the Kala as a present and I really love it. Considerably cheaper than a Martin and looks stunning with a great tone. It's difficult to think you can pay nearly £200 for a ukulele but you get a great action and decent tuners with a high quality body of decent materials.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6