Profile for Mr. Richard J. Price > Reviews

Content by Mr. Richard J....

Mr. Richard J. Price

Heart-Shaped Box (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Heart-Shaped Box (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Joe Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fiction..., 21 Jun 2007
Loved this book. The protagonist as an aging rock star makes a change from the usual horror scenarios, as does the initial plot idea...man buys ghost on the internet. There are enough plot turns to keep you interested until the final curtain and I felt the characters were well developed and believable. The only reason I didn't give it the full five stars is because in my opinion it wasn't sadistic enough. That is obviously a matter of personal taste, but I like my horror a little more horrific. Very enjoyable book though and I will be looking forward to more from Mr. Hill.

The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth
by Chris Moyles

1.0 out of 5 stars Pushed too far..., 21 Jun 2007
Its not often that I derive absolutely nothing from a book and this was no exception, I derived the desire to ceremoniously burn the book in my barbecue. So I did yesterday... and can now report that the most interesting thing about the book is that the cover (for a while) burns blue. The writing style is apalling, the humour is non-existent and the often repeated message is simply "I am an egotistical, fame hungry fat bloke from Leeds and if you don't like it, shove off". Well personally I don't like it, so erm...shove off Moyles. There is literally nothing in this book that you could not garner just by spending one week listening to Moyles show. I am a genuine book lover and hate to provide such a negative opinion of something that someone has taken the time to write, however this book genuinely appalled me...save your money and buy something with some content. Oh and Moyles...I'm as fascinated with breasts as any man but did you really have to make a breast related comment about every single woman you have ever met? I'm guessing you were a bottle baby? *snigger*