Profile for A. M. Lewis > Reviews

Personal Profile

Content by A. M. Lewis
Top Reviewer Ranking: 4,693,673
Helpful Votes: 28

Learn more about Your Profile.

Reviews Written by
A. M. Lewis (UK)
(REAL NAME)   

Show:  
Page: 1
pixel
Freecom 30475 DataBar 16GB USB-2.0 Flash Drive
Freecom 30475 DataBar 16GB USB-2.0 Flash Drive

4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Dec 2008
On Vista getting write speeds of 7 MB/s and read speeds of 24 MB/s (not bad). Has a nice sturdy feel. Would buy again.


Muscle-Up (Matt Roberts)
Muscle-Up (Matt Roberts)
by Matt Roberts
Edition: Paperback

7 of 9 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for gym goer and home gym alike, 12 April 2005
Although only a small book it has an excellent set of exercises and advice on how many reps and sets to do. Admittedly, it does concentrate around the upper body and leaves legs and buttocks out, but at the end of the day, if it's those pecs, abs and biceps you're after for your next beach holiday in the sun then this is the most efficient way I've found of getting there.
I used to take it to the gym and weight train with machines, but I found 90% of the exercises don't need machines, so instead I stay at home where a bench, barbell and dumbbell set is suffice. The other 10% of exercises can be modified to do with a pull-up bar.
I've been training for about 8 months, but 3 months ago bought this book. I've been using the 2 routines in the book (one concentrates on chest and 'pushing' exercises, the other on biceps and 'pulling' exercises) and have recently noticed the difference.
Buy the book. You won't regret it. At this price you can't afford not to!


A Complete  History of Britain
A Complete History of Britain
by Simon Schama
Edition: Paperback

17 of 20 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but you need a good vocab, 11 Jan 2004
I've been reading this book and it has been excellent so far. The other reviews say pretty much what I want to say. Although I've given it 5 stars, I do have one qualm - that I find myself consulting my dictionary every paragraph or so because the author, at times, overuses very rich English and words that I have never seen before. Of course, if you have an extensive vocabulary of English or simply skim over new words that you come across without feeling the need to learn what they mean, then it is no problem. However, I find it a heavy read at times, especially when it is difficult to figure out the meaning of a new word from its context, because the context itself contains other new and strange words. I fear this may put off younger readers, or people like myself who have an average vocabulary. One the other hand, I suppose my English vocabulary is improving by the day ;)


Page: 1