Profile for Andy > Reviews

Content by Andy

Andy "andrew29477"

2 x Rat Trap Mouse Heavy Duty Snap-E Trap-Easy Pest Catching Catcher Plastic Pedal Mousetrap Mouse bait mouse trap humane

1.0 out of 5 stars these are more like a rat trap but look too small to be ..., 30 Sept. 2015
Avoid this company. The product took two weeks to arrive from China. The product is too big to be a mouse trap, these are more like a rat trap but look too small to be a rat trap. My guess is that a factory in China has made these the wrong size for some big company and now they are trying to flog them off.
The description is misleading - it should be either a rat trap or a mouse trap, not both. I only bought it because in the picture it looks exactly like a mouse trap I bought. I have complained but they have come back with some rubbish about the wire hook being the size described. They have altered the description since I bought the item. Dishonest seller.

Lomo 40L Motorbike Drybag
Lomo 40L Motorbike Drybag
Offered by Lomo Watersport

2.0 out of 5 stars I'd previously borrowed a Lomo bag from a friend and ..., 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Lomo 40L Motorbike Drybag (Misc.)
I'd previously borrowed a Lomo bag from a friend and assumed this one opened also from the top. It doesn't, which now looks obvious looking at the picture. Anyway, the key fact is that it only opens from one end which in my view makes it a lot less usable, as it's a long tube and you have to unpack everything to get something from the bottom. To give you an idea it's not wide enough to get a pair of size11s flat across the closed end of the tube.

Google Nexus 10 Tablet Case - G-HUB Black Carbon Fibre Print PropUp Stand Case Cover (with integrated stand function and magnetic sleep sensors) for Google / Samsung Nexus 10 with BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by G-Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 20 May 2013
It fits very snugly. I like the pen that comes with it - really useful, and the magnet in the cover means the cover doesn't flap around. Make sure you put it in the right way or you may obscure the USB socket. I couldn't get the screen protector that came with it to go on without bubbles so I left it off. Definitely worth the money.

Wilson MVP BasketBall - Size 5
Wilson MVP BasketBall - Size 5
Offered by Rugby Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Wilson MVP BasketBall (Sports)
We were able to pump this ball up to the right pressure - it has no deformations (unlike another ball we tried) and bounces really well. Daughter very pleased.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Different results, 10 Feb. 2011
I bought one of these a year ago, and despite the relatively high price was fairly pleased, so I bought another one two weeks ago. Having noticed that the temperatue and RH was significnatly different in different rooms I placed them next to each other. The results were not the same as I expected. I left them for a day to let them settle but the temperature is different by around between .3 and .7 of a degree C and the RH is different by between 5 to 7% so I don't think they are very usable really.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2012 6:19 AM BST

Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - 31B, Series 3, Contour, Flex XP, Flex Integral - 5000/6000 Series - Black
Offered by DONGWOO INTERNATIONAL,INC.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuk, 31 Jan. 2011
We bought this for my son's birthday, his first shaver. The product may have been fine, but the packaging had obviously been opened so I checked under the foil and it discovered somebody's shavings under it. I sent it back without trying it and we bought a Philips from Sainsbury's.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 11:05 PM GMT

Max Value 3 Port Firewire 400 PCMCIA Card
Max Value 3 Port Firewire 400 PCMCIA Card

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed, 26 July 2010
I tried this on three different laptops with PCMCIA slots and in each case it either wouldn't recongnise the attached SONY DCR-PC9E PAL or found it and then stopped working after 3 minutes of importing a video.

I assume this is to do with the slow speed of the card or of the PCMCIA bus in laptops - I am not an engineer so I don't know if this is a reasonable assumption. Anyway we were able to import videos into our old desktop with built-in firewire ports, but we can't with this card. All PCs are/were running XP SP2.

I'm going to try a card for another desktop, hopefully that will work.