Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Once Upon a Wager (Crimson Romance)
Once Upon a Wager (Crimson Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Regency Read, 14 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed reading this Regency Romance, the first of this genre that I've ever read

The "impossibly beautiful" Annabelle Layton was undisciplined and did as she pleased, she was confident and flirty, especially with the most handsome man she had ever seen -- Alec Carstairs.

But after a tragic incident involving her brother Gareth, Alec is banished from her life and Annabelle believes he has abandoned her and misunderstandings abound.

Julie Lemense has created two engaging main characters who were very real, together with Annabelle's very sharp and clever Aunt Sophia who I think was my favourite character!

The writing flowed, I was entertained, the storyline was fresh, all the characters were memorable, there were good guys and bad guys or should I say there were cads and there were gentlemen.

A thoroughly enjoyable and not too soppy read.

The Midnight Rose
The Midnight Rose
by Lucinda Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Slow, it didn't hold my interest, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Midnight Rose (Paperback)
I'm afraid that I found this book very slow going, I could not engage with any of the characters though I did like Anahita.
I normally enjoy books that go back and forth in time but not this one as I found I got confused with which era I was in! It just did not sustain my interest throughout and I found myself skimming to the end.
Overall, not my kind of book.

Bolse® NFC Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Radiation-Proof, Tap-And-Connect, Handset Receiver with Bluetooth 4.0 Technology
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design., 8 Jun 2014
This is a very good looking bluetooth speaker. Very futuristic but also very practical.It paired up with my phone ( HTC ) very quickly and easily.
It has lots of features and really looks the part.
My only gripe is that its not loud enough playing my music, and sounds a little empty!!! There is no deep tones as with other speakers I have tried.That is just a personal issue.
Overall a very smart speaker.
Recommended

Bolse® Newly designed 4 Port USB portable AC Rapid Charger - 20 Watt / 4A For iPhone, iPad, Samsung Android Smartphones and other usb powered devices
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like This Product, 8 Jun 2014
This charger is fantastic.
This is a very well manufactured and designed charger. Compact and lightweight yet it packs a powerful punch. Anyone who has a product that charges via a USB port will find this charger enormously useful. No more packing all of your chargers for your camera,phone,tablet etc etc. This does the lot. This charger plugs directly into the mains. With 4 USB slots you can charge 4 units simultaneously.
The charger itself folds down with the three pins folding flat. Brilliant. This unit is great when traveling say on holiday.
Fantastic product. Recommended

Green Coffee Bean Extract GOLD - 100% Pure STANDARDIZED 50% Chlorogenic Acid, 800 mg | Weight Loss Supplement using Pure All Natural Veggie Capsules with ZERO Fillers, Binders or Artificial Ingredients
Offered by House Of Goods

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Natural Product, 7 Jun 2014
I must be honest and say that I forgot to take these pills several times so I can't give a 100% review. You have to take two pills half an hour before food twice a day and sometimes (due to work commitments) I just could not do that.
Also I found the pills were not easy to swallow, they are very large!
However, after saying all that, I did manage to lose a few pounds over the last few weeks so maybe if I had taken them more regularly I may have lost more weight. It's difficult to say.
I like the fact that they have no side effects and are a natural product.

Creative MUVO 10 Portable Bluetooth Wireless NFC Speaker with Aux-in and Microphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Portable Sound, 3 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This speaker is excellent. Portability with no wires, good sound and looks the business. When my son saw this he wanted it!!! It is so good to listen to music from my phone or tablet out in the garden. The sound is very good with a rich bass.You can move it around in the house without any distortion. It also has a jack plug connection if say you wanted to listen to it by a pc/laptop without bluetooth connectivity.
This is £50 well spent for anybody.
Recommended

Murder on a Summer's Day: Number 5 in series (Kate Shackleton Mysteries)
Murder on a Summer's Day: Number 5 in series (Kate Shackleton Mysteries)
by Frances Brody

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings the 1920's Era to Life, 2 Jun 2014
What a delight to be back in the company of First World War widow and amateur sleuth Kate Shackleton in this tale of murdered Maharajahs, a feisty fiance, a missing diamond and royal rivalries all in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.

This is the 5th book in the series -- I've read and enjoyed the first two -- Dying In The Wool: Number 1 in series (Kate Shackleton Mysteries) and A Medal For Murder: Number 2 in series (Kate Shackleton Mysteries).

Tasked with finding a missing Maharajah, Kate is the perfect person to question people without them realising they're being questioned, she draws people out, they trust her and she's very persistent. She's an extremely likeable heroine and I enjoy the way she thinks things out carefully and deliberately.

While out shooting the Maharajah had shot and killed a white doe, an act of sacrilege in this superstitious village and some people were not surprised when he was found dead, but who was the killer and why would anyone want him dead?

Frances Brody's delightful writing brings the era of the 1920's to life, the plot was entertaining with some twists and turns and suspects aplenty. I did not guess the killer's identity.

Even though I haven't read all the books in this series I still found it easy to follow Kate's progress and mentions are made throughout the book to Kate's situation so I think this could be read on its own.

(Waterproof Mini Outdoor Sport Action Camera)DB POWER@ MINI HD 720P 1.3MP Waterproof Outdoor Sport Action Camera DVR DV with 120 Degree Wide Angle, Supports up to 32G Memory Expansion for Bicycles, Motorcycles, Cars, Helmets variety of Applications (Black and yellow)
Offered by HappyGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 1 Jun 2014
This is the smallest video cam I have seen.
Don't believe that size matters. This is only slightly bigger than the size of a 50p piece, but the quality of the recording is quite stunning.
All you need to get going is a micro sd card.
The cam comes with a water resistant clear plastic case, which is good for protecting the lens without any loss of clarity, a USB cable, a manual and two fixing devices for attaching to a cycle helmet or the handlebars of a bike.
I have trialled it on a bike and it was superb. I also attached it to the strap on my backpack with great success. My son used it while slack-lining and the recordings were hilarious!!!
For less than £35 this cam will bring you loads of great moments to view again and again.
Recommended.

OXA Qi Wireless Charger Pad for Nokia Lumia 920 820 1020, Google Nexus 4 5 10, HTC 8X, HTC DROID DNA, LG Optimus LTE 2, Samsung S3 S4 Note2(Need Receiver) Smartphones, Black
Offered by buyinsummer

5.0 out of 5 stars charging without wires, 27 May 2014
Honestly!!!! This is the first wireless charging device I have used.
Its brilliant. Ok .I was a little sceptical, but everything worked!!!! I placed my htc phone on the charger and sure enough the green led light came on to let me know the phone was correctly placed and then the blue led shows to let you know it is charging.
It has some fail safe gizmos built in which let you know if the phone has not been placed correctly on the pad.
All in all a fabulous device and one which I know I will use constantly.
Well Done OXA for a stylish and not too expensive charger pad.

August SE50 - 30W Bluetooth Stereo Speaker System with FM Radio -Wireless HiFi with 3.5mm AUX-in for non-Bluetooth devices - Compatible with iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Blackberry, Google, LG, Nexus, iPad and all Bluetooth enabled Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Tablets, PC's, Laptops etc (Oak)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 27 May 2014
I bought this for my son as a birthday pressie.
It ticks all the boxes.It is fantastic for use in a living room.It plugs into the mains, it has a jack plug, so you can use this with say any computer, and it has very easy to use bluetooth connectivity.Use this from your phone or tablet.With a full FM Radio setting this device is perfect for use in a flat or one room abode.
Brilliant.And at under £40, all your music needs are met.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20