Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes
Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Gift, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was for my friends niece.
She is 5 years old and she loves it.It is very girly and she can make something with all the glittery things to keep for her self or give to her friends.Her friends love it also.
A good recommendation is her friends mothers wanted to know where I got it from, so they could buy one.It can keep her occupied for ages.

Galt Toys First Book
Galt Toys First Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Cheerful, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys First Book (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely,bright and cheerful little " book " that I got for my niece.
It is lovely for her to hold and look at, introducing her to the bright colours.
I like the fact that it can be washed with the washing in the washing machine.I am sure there are other very similar products out there but I liked this and more importantly,so does my niece.

The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol Mystery)
The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol Mystery)
by Sally Carpenter

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab Read for Fans of the Fab Four!, 22 Jun 2014
Set in 1993 Sandy Fairfax hasn't made a public appearance in 5 years, a former 1970's TV show boy sleuth and teen idol. Now 38 and divorced, his wife has issued him with an ultimatum -- he can't see his two children until he's sober and working, he jumps at the chance to attend a Beatles Convention as a guest speaker and decides to quit drinking once and for all and thinks to himself --

"This gig sounds easy enough. How much trouble can I get into at a fan convention?"

If I had known the answer to that question, I'd have run inside, locked the doors, and never left the house again.

When a member of the tribute band is murdered, in Sandy's arms, leaving a spoken clue behind, Sandy just can't forget his days as a boy sleuth on his TV show and starts digging for clues to the murderer and digs himself into trouble with the local police.

This is a really enjoyable mystery, some of Sandy's tales from his teen idol days sounded so realistic that I found myself starting to believe them! Fabulous story-telling from Sally Carpenter. There are plenty of Beatles references, to songs, albums, concerts. You don't have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy this but I think if you are you'll love it.

It had it all, funny, likeable protagonist with flaws, original and clever storyline, some oddball characters, entertaining writing that made be laugh. A fab read!

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 18 Jun 2014
I have used a less expensive "action camcorder" and developed a passion for them so I purchased this model.So far so good.Everything works fine and dandy with some great recordings I have made. My husband is going to take it on a moto cross outing so we shall see what that brings.
Anyone who is an adventure thrill person must get one of these.When viewing back the footage it is just mind blowing.Get the beers out and show the footage again and again. Brilliant!!!!
I will leave the tecky stuff to them that know!! I just use it.
Recommended

Bose QuietComfort 3 Noise-Cancelling Headphones Black and Silver
Bose QuietComfort 3 Noise-Cancelling Headphones Black and Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cans.....at a price, 18 Jun 2014
I debated long and hard about purchasing these headphones. I couldn't rationale the price to myself ( or my partner!!! )And then I received a bonus for a job I had done. Great!!!!
The headphones are superb.I would expect nothing less from this brand.Everything I have bought has been fantastic and these headphones are no exception.From the styling to the comfort factor and mainly to the sound these are just the business.
You get the deep rich tones and superb bass sounds.I use them everyday and I am so pleased I splashed out on them.This is a serious purchase but I am sure it will pay dividends in the future.
Recommended.

Once Upon a Wager (Crimson Romance)
Once Upon a Wager (Crimson Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Regency Read, 14 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed reading this Regency Romance, the first of this genre that I've ever read

The "impossibly beautiful" Annabelle Layton was undisciplined and did as she pleased, she was confident and flirty, especially with the most handsome man she had ever seen -- Alec Carstairs.

But after a tragic incident involving her brother Gareth, Alec is banished from her life and Annabelle believes he has abandoned her and misunderstandings abound.

Julie Lemense has created two engaging main characters who were very real, together with Annabelle's very sharp and clever Aunt Sophia who I think was my favourite character!

The writing flowed, I was entertained, the storyline was fresh, all the characters were memorable, there were good guys and bad guys or should I say there were cads and there were gentlemen.

A thoroughly enjoyable and not too soppy read.

The Midnight Rose
The Midnight Rose
by Lucinda Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Slow, it didn't hold my interest, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Midnight Rose (Paperback)
I'm afraid that I found this book very slow going, I could not engage with any of the characters though I did like Anahita.
I normally enjoy books that go back and forth in time but not this one as I found I got confused with which era I was in! It just did not sustain my interest throughout and I found myself skimming to the end.
Overall, not my kind of book.

Bolse® NFC Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Radiation-Proof, Tap-And-Connect, Handset Receiver with Bluetooth 4.0 Technology
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Design., 8 Jun 2014
This is a very good looking bluetooth speaker. Very futuristic but also very practical.It paired up with my phone ( HTC ) very quickly and easily.
It has lots of features and really looks the part.
My only gripe is that its not loud enough playing my music, and sounds a little empty!!! There is no deep tones as with other speakers I have tried.That is just a personal issue.
Overall a very smart speaker.
Recommended

Bolse® Newly designed 4 Port USB portable AC Rapid Charger - 20 Watt / 4A For iPhone, iPad, Samsung Android Smartphones and other usb powered devices
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like This Product, 8 Jun 2014
This charger is fantastic.
This is a very well manufactured and designed charger. Compact and lightweight yet it packs a powerful punch. Anyone who has a product that charges via a USB port will find this charger enormously useful. No more packing all of your chargers for your camera,phone,tablet etc etc. This does the lot. This charger plugs directly into the mains. With 4 USB slots you can charge 4 units simultaneously.
The charger itself folds down with the three pins folding flat. Brilliant. This unit is great when traveling say on holiday.
Fantastic product. Recommended

Green Coffee Bean Extract GOLD - 100% Pure STANDARDIZED 50% Chlorogenic Acid, 800 mg | Weight Loss Supplement using Pure All Natural Veggie Capsules with ZERO Fillers, Binders or Artificial Ingredients
Offered by House Of Goods

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Natural Product, 7 Jun 2014
I must be honest and say that I forgot to take these pills several times so I can't give a 100% review. You have to take two pills half an hour before food twice a day and sometimes (due to work commitments) I just could not do that.
Also I found the pills were not easy to swallow, they are very large!
However, after saying all that, I did manage to lose a few pounds over the last few weeks so maybe if I had taken them more regularly I may have lost more weight. It's difficult to say.
I like the fact that they have no side effects and are a natural product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20