Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tefal Fresh Express Max - 260 Watt
Tefal Fresh Express Max - 260 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Tefal delivers, 29 Aug 2014
This is a really useful piece of equipment for the kitchen.
This model has a powerful 260 watt 2 speed motor that slices and shreds in no time at all.
It grates cheese beautifully.
All the veggies are effortlessly shredded, even the hard ones such as swede.
You get the 5 cones, so that you can slice and dice, either thinly or more coarsely.
All the cones etc can the be washed in the dishwasher.
It stores away without the need for loads of space.
All in all a really good addition in the kitchen which will save lots of time and effort.

Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II - Dark Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality sound, 29 Aug 2014
This speaker is quality. Full Stop.
As befitting the brand, Bose has again delivered a super portable bluetooth speaker that delivers a really great sound.
I have bose equipment in the house as I believe in the brand.
Yes it is expensive compared to other bluetooth speakers on the market, but this is the daddy.
I have used it when I am in the garage.
My son uses it to play from his iphone.
My wife takes it into the bathroom when she is having a long soak.
All with fantastic success.

I believe it is worth spending the extra amount for a quality long lasting product.

100 Grey Mailing Postal Bags Premium Quality 6"x 9"(165mm x 230mm) Plastic Polythene - FREE DELIVERY
Offered by Phoenix Power Equipment Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Aug 2014
What a bargain.
Search for these bags on ebay. See them and pay more ( if you want to )
These are a superb bargain.
I use loads and will certainly be back for more.
Thanks

Yousave Accessories Premium HDMI Cable, Gold Plated, Full HD, 4k, 1080P, High Speed HDMI To HDMI Lead - 2m
Offered by Yousave Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear picture. Good sound, 29 Aug 2014
This cable is the real deal.
It delivers a very clear picture in full hd, with very clear sound to match.
It is a joy to watch a movie on the tv from my laptop.
Recommended.

Remington XR1350 Hyper Flex Plus Rechargeable Wet and Dry Shaver
Remington XR1350 Hyper Flex Plus Rechargeable Wet and Dry Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shave., 28 Aug 2014
This report is from my husband,as it was a present for him.

It delivers a nice shave, very comfortable without any chafing or other discomfort.The shaver has a lovely feel to it in the hand, with the heads shaving the contours of the face very well.It arrived with some charge already in, but a full charge is by far much better.

It has the usual cover and cleaning brush and a nifty pouch.

The price on amazon is cheaper than what I paid in a leading high street shop!!!!!

Costa Roast and Ground Coffee 200 g Bag (Pack of 10)
Costa Roast and Ground Coffee 200 g Bag (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars sensational, 28 Aug 2014
If you like coffee then this is for you.

The taste of this coffee is sensational. What a treat first thing in the morning, made in my cafetiera.
It delivers the taste I have become attached to in the costa coffee shops.

And such a good price now on amazon. I paid more in tesco!!!!

Tefal Actifry Plus - 1.2 Kg - Grey
Tefal Actifry Plus - 1.2 Kg - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Actifry plus, 28 Aug 2014
This is a lovely deep fat fryer, both in appearance and in the cooking.
It looks and feels very sturdy and secure.
So far I have cooked chips and more chips.I have cooked veg and battered fish.
The fish is absolutely delicious.
The basket is really deep but I have found you don't need a lot if oil, which by my reasoning means the food is more healthy.

My son now wants to take it back with him to uni!!!!!

Great price, nice size and looks the business.

Recommended.

The Midnight Side
The Midnight Side

3.0 out of 5 stars Lucid Dreaming, Obsession and Revenge but not her best story....., 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Midnight Side (Kindle Edition)
The Midnight Side was Natasha Mostert's debut novel about a woman who receives phone calls from her dead cousin Alette.

The beginning part was certainly chilling and creepy as Isa travels to London and stays in her cousin's house. I could feel the sense of foreboding as she notices a man in the house opposite watching her.

Alette has left Isa three envelopes which tell the story of how controlling her husband was and how she wants Isa to get her revenge from the grave. But her husband seems friendly and charming when he takes Isa to dinner, how can he be this monster Alette has talked about?

Isa comes into contact with three men - the man who was watching her, Alette's husband Justin and the solicitor who hands her the three envelopes - they all seem nice but can she trust any of them?

Lucid dreaming, obsession, revenge and manipulation are the themes of this, at first, intriguing story, menacing in parts and slow in the middle part, also Isa had left a demanding business in South Africa before she flew to London but no mention was made of this work while she was away which I found odd.

Sometimes I really didn't know which way the story was going to go, there were unpredictable events but also some predictable moments which I was disappointed with, I don't like it when I can see what's coming - I like to be surprised more!

As this was Natasha Mostert's debut I can forgive her especially when I enjoyed her later book The Season of the Witch so much. It certainly hasn't put me off reading more of her books.

If you wanted to read her books in order you can start with this one to get a feel of her creepy writing, though they are all stand alone books.

Ultranatura Aluminium Table, Korfu Series - Basic
Ultranatura Aluminium Table, Korfu Series - Basic

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sexy table....but, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The table arrived in a flat pack cardboard box. My heart sank, thinking I was going to have to call on my husband and spend all night assembling it.
I need not have worried.

Within no time at all I had put the table together and was ready to place the glass top in position.
All the screws for assembling the table were in a little bag together with an alan key. You don't even need a screwdriver. It was effortless!!!

The table looks stunning.It has a glistening black glass top that looks so sexy.The reflection is gorgeous and just oozes class. I have never seen an outdoor table like it.

One small point I have is I am so worried about putting anything remotely heavy down onto the table. I put some cutlery down and a couple of things slipped onto the table.Normally I just throw things down without a second thought but I am really paranoid about breaking the glass top.

I know it is tempered safety glass but at the moment I am not too comfortable with this,however I hope this will pass.

The table does look great.

Animagic Rescue Hospital Ambulance Station
Animagic Rescue Hospital Ambulance Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Animagic, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely interaction toy for any small child.

I gave it to my niece who is nearly 4 and she loved it.She really liked playing with the ambulance.
With her small fingers she can get them into the toy through the doors that open and play with the stretcher in the animal treatment room.It can occupy her for ages.

I will probably buy another toy in this series for her birthday.

Recommended