Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Christmas Gifts Ninabox Cool Summer Collection [CSC] -- Condensed Wish. White Gold Plated Alloy Jewelry Sets with Good Cut Purple SWAROVSKI Elements Austria Crystal. Pendant Necklace and Drop Earrings Fashion Jewelry Set, Perfect for Weddings and Proms. T000144
Offered by NINABOX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 Oct 2014
This Pendant and earrings were bought for me as a present.
They are beautiful.
They look really nice on me.
I love the colour and sparkle.
Spectacular.

Playtex Cherish Maxi Brief 3 Pack High Rise Women's Knickers Black Size 14
Playtex Cherish Maxi Brief 3 Pack High Rise Women's Knickers Black Size 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Komfy Kex, 16 Oct 2014
Good fit. I feel really comfy in these.
Better value for money than sloggi in my opinion.

Galt Toys Purse Pals
Galt Toys Purse Pals

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sewing and Craft Toy, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Purse Pals (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first look at this toy it seems to be a good sewing and craft toy for my niece.

She is 5 and I am sure she is going to love this. It is her birthday soon and I will give it her then.
I can then update this critique.

The contents of this kit look really good and should offer some play time and educational time.

Leitz WOW 1005 180 Degree A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue
Leitz WOW 1005 180 Degree A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Lever Arch File, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. I love the Blueness of this binder. It stands out from the crowd.

It is really robust and as I have filled it, it does not seem to bow.

It has a good strong mechanism.

I love it and I am sure unlike other lever arch files I use, it will stand the test of time.

At just over £7 a bit pricey.

Oak Wood Effect Vinyl Flooring- Kitchen Vinyl Floors-3 metres wide choose your own length in 1FT(foot)Lengths

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flooring, 15 Oct 2014
This is superb vinyl flooring.
It was delivered very quickly and was as per the description.
The vinyl fitted really well. Job done for a good price.
Overall a very satisfied customer.
I may be back for more!!!!

Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones - Black
Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational Cans, 10 Oct 2014
These are fantastic headphones from a very good brand.

Anything I have from the Bose brand is sensational and these headphones certainly are sensational.

I use them all the time now. Even in the house when I just sit down to read I put these on and play any music I like.
They are so very comfortable to wear and the sound is something to behold. Each and every note of the music can be heard so distinctly and the richness of the bass and treble is fantastic.

Ok, so they are not cheap. But these headphones should last a long time, and they are so comfortable to wear.
If you want headphones to enrich your sounds then get these.
If you want headphones to cheapen your sounds then stay clear of these.

Philips LED Light Bulb (E27 Edison Screw 9.5W A60) - Warm White
Philips LED Light Bulb (E27 Edison Screw 9.5W A60) - Warm White
Offered by DDL-Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Light, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This light bulb comes from a very familiar leading brand, Philips.
Therefore you get what you expect. In this case a bold durable and very bright light bulb.
I use this in my garage. Switch the light on and there is instant brightness. No waiting for it to warm up. Great.
Please remember when ordering this is a screw fit and NOT the usual bayonet fit.

Only time will tell if it lasts. 15 YEARS. WOW.
The instant light is a bonus for me though.
Slightly pricey, but if it does last well worth the cost.

So far so good.

Philips LED Spot Bulb, Dimmable (GU10 5W) - Warm White
Philips LED Spot Bulb, Dimmable (GU10 5W) - Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Easy, 10 Oct 2014
This light is great.
I matched it with my old GU10's and what a difference.

This light is white and bright. Perfect.

I will now have to replace the other GU10 bulbs in the fitting.
A price worth paying. I have not used the dimming action as I have no dimmer switch, but I love this bulb.
It has low energy consumption and lasts for 15 YEARS !!!!!! WOW.
Pay more now to save loads in the future.

Get one ( or more )
Recommended.

Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
by Louise Walters

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Secrets Set in Two Different Eras, little slow in parts but intriguing story, 5 Oct 2014
Roberta is 34 years old, lives alone and loves working in the Old and New Bookshop, she finds things in books such as postcards, locks of hair, letters, receipts etc. and she keeps most of them, she finds it hard to dispose of these memories. She also loves old suitcases and is thrilled when her father gives her her grandmother's old suitcase. When she discovers in it an old letter dated February 1941 she is intrigued

This is a dual narrative story going back and forth from the present to the Second World War where we meet Roberta's grandmother Dorothy, living in a little cottage on a farm, husband away at war, she's a mystery to the other villagers due to her not socialising but she doesn't care. She had two land girls helping with the farm and she manages to eke out a living by sewing and taking in laundry.

But her life changes dramatically when she meets a Polish airman, they become close, and when another dramatic event happens on the farm she has to make life-changing decisions which affect everyone's lives.

I really enjoyed going back and forth in time with the two women, especially Dorothy who had such a sad life and desperately wanted a baby. She couldn't believe her luck when Jan walked into her life and gave her some happiness.

Roberta too was lonely, she was 'useless at wobbly moments' and thinks she's a 7 out of 10 on a very good day. Her boss, Philip, was good company, funny and witty and Roberta enjoys his company. His girlfriend also works at the shop and, according to Roberta, she's a 9 and a half out of 10......so no chance of a romance ...... or is there?

This was a good story, well-told, with interesting characters, but it wasn't a page-turner for me, sometimes I struggled to pick it up again, though it was an intriguing story, one of regret, lost chances, love, sadness and about the decisions we make that we think are for the best.

I think this book is a very encouraging start for debut novelist Louise Walters. I look forward to seeing what she next publishes.

Morphy Richards 720501 Multi-Floors Steam Mop with Microfibre Pads, 1400 Watt - White/ Green
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mop, 3 Oct 2014
I bought this as I have had new flooring put down.

It is great.

No fuss . Easy to use. And most importantly is does a great job.

The pads are velcro, so when you attach them they stay attached.

This is a really good buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20