Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
High Quality Trouser Braces / Suspender available in many different Designs, Colours and Length with 4 very Strong Clips - Neon and Uni Colour - Made in Germany- Style 937
Offered by XEIRA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Braces, 6 April 2015
Excellent braces for my husband.
They fit well and are comfortable.
Very happy with these.
Good price.

Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Day Cream with SPF 15 50 ml
Nivea Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Day Cream with SPF 15 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little goes a long way, 5 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The claim by the manufacturer that this cream reduces the appearance of wrinkles may be true, but I shall have to wait and see.
This is not going to happen overnight, so I will update this review later. However this brand is tried and tested so here's hoping!!!!

It feels nice and silky and not at all greasy. A little really does go a long way, so a word of warning. Do not use bucket loads.
It has a pleasant Nivea smell which I like.

This tub if used sparingly should last me a while.
I hope by the end of it I look, well younger!!!!

It is a good price, as other anti age creams are more expensive.

The Death's Head Chess Club
The Death's Head Chess Club
by John Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars A Story of Hatred, Cruelty, Survival and Forgiveness, Redemption, Healing, 4 April 2015
I have to confess that if I saw this book on the shelf at my local bookshop I would walk straight past it. The name and the picture would not appeal to me at all. And when I was asked to review this book for RealReaders I was not sure if I would like it or not.

But if you're like me I would urge you to pick it up, look at the blurb and take a chance at reading something amazing, you won't be disappointed.

This is the story, mainly, of three men, the 'watchmaker' and Jew Emil Clement, former SS officer and now priest Paul Meissner and Willi Schweninger who worked in the Propaganda Ministry during WWII.

Going back and forth in time between 1943/44 and 1962, the three men are at a Chess Tournament in Amsterdam when their paths cross. Was it fate that they should meet or divine intervention?

As they share drinks and meals together, over time, they start to tell their stories, and we realise how they are all linked. Their stories started slowly, but gradually we learn what happened at Auschwitz as Emil was the 'unbeatable' chess player who's games became, literally, a matter of life or death and I couldn't put it down.

This is a story of hatred, unlikely friendship, unspeakable cruelty, forgiveness, healing, redemption, guilt and, of course, chess.

Overall, a moving and thought-provoking debut novel that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Bluedio BS-2 (Explorer) Mini Bluetooth speaker Portable Wireless speaker Sound System 3D stereo Music surround (Black)
Offered by Bluedio

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sound, 2 April 2015
I bought this for a friend for his birthday.
I had a play with it before I gave it to him!!!!

This is such a cool speaker.
It is small and compact, but it delivers a great sound.
I got this one in black. It looks fantastic.

You can use this with all devices. Tablet, smartphone, laptop etc.

When using it with a smartphone it has a connectivity that allows you to answer an incoming call whilst pausing the music.
It has a 3D sound effect button, which gives the sound an effect of you being in a cinema. WOW.

It also has the latest in Bluetooth technology, which makes the sound more smooth and crispy.
The base is phenomenal.

I like it.

And at the moment is under £20 on amazon.
Bargain

The Iron Necklace
The Iron Necklace
by Giles Waterfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting storyline, but not enough to sustain my interest, 2 April 2015
This review is from: The Iron Necklace (Paperback)
I have very mixed feelings about this story which opens in 1910 at the wedding of Irene and Thomas.

I found it quite hard-going at times and struggled to read it, I didn't really care for any of the characters, except maybe Irene. I thought they were all quite secretive, I didn't know what they were thinking for most of the story and I couldn't get to know them.

Their conversations consisted mainly of the war and politics, not surprising I suppose, but it did get boring at times and I wished they would talk of other topics. Also, I don't know why the characters spoke so much in German without any English translation .... I found this very frustrating.

Though I did enjoy the storyline overall, it was interesting to see how Irene was treated during the war, living in Germany and unable to travel back to England. And I enjoyed reading the descriptions of Berlin.

Stainless Steel Tongs 18cm With Silicon Heads - Set of 2
Stainless Steel Tongs 18cm With Silicon Heads - Set of 2
Offered by The Online Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel Tongs 18cm With Silicon Heads - Set of 2, 1 April 2015
These are terrific value.

The heads are silicon coated, so no need to worry about scratching your pan/grill.

Two sets for under two quid. Bargain.

George Foreman 14525 Four Portion Family Grill and Melt with Removable Plates - Brushed Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 April 2015
What a joy this appliance is.
A nice big unit that you can use for loads of things.
I cook steaks and chicken mainly, but my other half loves toasties.
They all cook lovely.
The added bonus is that the plates can be removed for cleaning. Brilliant.
It stores away on its side so no worries about storage space.

This is a great George Foreman grill for a family.
It is on offer on amazon at the moment so dont delay.

Breville Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, Stainless Steel
Breville Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasties...with a decent filling, 30 Mar. 2015
This is a DEEP Sandwich Toaster.
It will do two toasties at a time.
It is efficient and toasts really evenly. It is also very deep, which makes for a decent filling.

The plates can be removed for cleaning. A good idea this.

Overall a very good sandwich toaster from a leading brand at an affordable price.

Sure LED GU10 PAR16 5W Replacement for 50 Watt, 380 lumen, non-dimmable bulb, 2700k warm light

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and Bright, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great bulb from a leading manufacture of led bulbs.

It fits easily into a GU socket.It gives off a superb bright light, and I will replace my other GU10 bulbs with these as and when they blow.

The narrative states that this is a 5W replacement for a 50 Watt light bulb.
These LED GU bulbs are more efficient and brighter than conventional bayonet fit bulbs. They last far longer, making them good value foe money.

A win, win all round.

Recommended

BLACK+DECKER PAD1200 Auto Flexi Car Vacuum, 12 V
BLACK+DECKER PAD1200 Auto Flexi Car Vacuum, 12 V

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat Vacuum for the car, 29 Mar. 2015
This is a neat vacuum for the car.
A must, though is to have the car running, whilst using this device. Otherwise you could very well drain the car battery, should you use be using it for a while.I drive some kids around at weekends and the mess they make is unbelievable.But this little vacuum is perfect for cleaning up.It easily sucks up sand and crumbs left behind.
I leave it in the boot of the car, so that I can use it while the missus is shopping!!!!!!!Great.
I like it.