Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Toshiba 32W2433DB 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LED TV with Freeview
Toshiba 32W2433DB 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LED TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Good priced tv, 16 Sep 2014
I bought this for my son, who is at uni.
I thought it was first rate. Easy to set up and easy to navigate around via the remote control.
Oh yes and the picture and sound is good to.

All in all for less than £200 this is a great buy. Thanks amazon for price and delivery with this.

20 Multi colour Fairy Lights for Christmas Tree or Indoor decoration
20 Multi colour Fairy Lights for Christmas Tree or Indoor decoration
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Sep 2014
Ok, so these lights were cheap, very cheap.
However I expected them to last a little longer than a few days!!!!
I was very disappointed. I put them up and they were ok. I bit fiddly with the wire which was all over the place.
They stayed on for 6 days. Then one of the bulbs popped and that was that.
I will pay a bit more for hopefully a better set.

You get what you pay for.!!!!!!!

A Trick of the Mind
A Trick of the Mind

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and Compulsive, but a few too many coincidences, 11 Sep 2014
A Trick of the Mind is Penny Hancock's third novel after Tideline and The Darkening Hour, both of which I haven't read but they seem to be similar psychological thrillers to this.

The story is told by Ellie who has recently split from her boyfriend, she's starting a new life and is travelling to a beach house that she's inherited from her aunt. Driving along a country lane at night she feels a bump but doesn't stop to investigate, she carries on driving. It's only afterwards when she hears on the radio of someone being hit by a car does she think she may have run someone over.

She feels so ridden with guilt that not only does she visit the man in hospital but, somehow, she pretends to be his girlfriend as the man has lost some of his memory.

Ellie is an anxious person, she's obsessive and compulsive, she does things like looking over her shoulder three times, taps three times on a gatepost, in her mind these will keep people safe. As the story continues we learn why she's like this, why she relies on talismans to feel safe in the world.

Patrick, the hit and run victim, seems too good to be true, rich, handsome, charming .... he and Ellie soon become close, but is he too perfect? What secrets is he hiding? Did she hit him by accident?

There's also another mystery concerning the Aunt who left Ellie her house, why did she leave her this house, who was the mysterious little girl who's mementoes Ellie finds in the house, how did she die? Why does no-one want to talk about her?

At first I couldn't put this book down, it was gripping, compulsive, the writing was fast paced and flowing, the clues were being drip fed. But after a while I felt there were too many coincidences that just didn't seem 'right', which I don't want to spoil, and my enthusiasm started to wane slightly. I have to say, though, that they didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of this book, I would give it four stars instead of five stars because of that.

If you haven't read any of Penny Hancock's books (or if you have) and you enjoy psychological suspense novels I would give this a try

Written in the Stars
Written in the Stars
by Ali Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Written in the Stars (Paperback)
I love the film 'Sliding Doors' so when I saw the synopsis for this book I was instantly intrigued. Instead of Gwyneth Paltrow's character missing or catching her train, in this 'alternate life' here is Bea walking down the aisle about to marry the man she loves when she suddenly slips and is thrown into two separate worlds.

The novel quite cleverly takes us on a journey with both versions of Bea, at the start of the chapters I knew which was which by the surnames, the married Bea Hudson and the still single Bea Bishop, so that made it easy to follow.

I immediately liked Bea, she's indecisive (like me!) and hates being asked for her opinion. It seems that everyone's been making all her decisions for her all her life, apart from the one place she feels at home - her garden. Her father left when she was only seven and they shared a love of gardening. She feels that her husband Adam is too good for her, she doesn't deserve him and, deep down, she's scared that he'll leave her too.

The runaway Bea's first love, Kieran, appears at her wedding and we learn that he too left her eight years ago after a tragedy involving his brother, he promised to return but he never did, breaking Bea's heart.

Who does she choose, should she look for her father, should she choose none and learn to stand on her own two feet and make her own decisions?....all these questions and more are answered in this thought-provoking story, lovingly written by Ali Harris.

I thought it was heart-warming, verging on the sentimental a few too many times for my liking, though it does deal with depression, suicide, guilt, so not too soppy, but overall an absorbing story that I enjoyed.

Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-02
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-02

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Robust, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solid and Robust is what this stapler is.
The look of it is really good as well.
I took this into the office and everyone that used it thought it was the beezkneez.
It came with a load of staples as well.
Great for big bulky stapling jobs.

TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White

5.0 out of 5 stars let there be light, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
so now I have one of these led spotlights it shows up the rest.
I need far more and shall be purchasing some really soon.
This spotlight illuminates the landing which is were I have put it.
Unfortunately it is in a three spotlight holder. The difference with the other bulbs is remarkable.

Light and bright. Good

Recommended

Tacwise 180/15MM 18G Nails (2000)
Tacwise 180/15MM 18G Nails (2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy tool, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I consider this tacker nail gun a very handy tool to have.

Ok so it is not a heavy duty nail gun, but for the small jobs around the home it is very useful.

It is easy to load and has some safety features on board, which means even a novice ( me ) can use it without any mishap.

The nails that come with this should last a long time, depending on the use, so no need to spend more money.

Recommended

Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)
Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars Job Done, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect. I used this very easy heavy duty device to put up some chicken wire.
The gun worked like a dream.
Easy to load and easy to fire.
Job done in no time.
I liked it.

Busy B Christmas Labels - Multicolour
Busy B Christmas Labels - Multicolour
Offered by Not Just Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Labels, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These labels are so pretty and colourful. They come in several different sizes, the largest is approximately 4" x 2" and the smallest is about 1 1/4" x 3/4".
Most of them are blank with colourful festive designs round the edges. Some are very small labels with just a design on, including a star and a bauble, and some have words on such as Love Santa, with love and Merry Christmas.
The labels are very easy to peel off and stick on.
They can be stuck on envelopes, presents, parcels, or anything you want really!
There are 160 labels which should see me through several Christmasses!
I am really pleased with them and would definitely recommend them.

1Byone Easy Chime Portable Cabinet Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit and Push Button With LED Indicator, Wireless Remote Control Doorbell With 36 Different Chimes Polyphonic Melodies To Choose - 1 Year Warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Ding Dong, 31 Aug 2014
It is hard to get excited by a doorbell......until you miss a delivery etc.

So far this has not happened.
A portable wireless doorbell is really good.
When I am upstairs I take it with me. When I am in the garage I take it with me.
It works everywhere.
It is so so easy to set up.
It has numerous different chimes.It also has a led indicator to, which is useful when I have the hearphones in my ear when I am working.

No more missed calls now. Great.

Recommended.