Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Written in the Stars
Written in the Stars
by Ali Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Written in the Stars (Paperback)
I love the film 'Sliding Doors' so when I saw the synopsis for this book I was instantly intrigued. Instead of Gwyneth Paltrow's character missing or catching her train, in this 'alternate life' here is Bea walking down the aisle about to marry the man she loves when she suddenly slips and is thrown into two separate worlds.

The novel quite cleverly takes us on a journey with both versions of Bea, at the start of the chapters I knew which was which by the surnames, the married Bea Hudson and the still single Bea Bishop, so that made it easy to follow.

I immediately liked Bea, she's indecisive (like me!) and hates being asked for her opinion. It seems that everyone's been making all her decisions for her all her life, apart from the one place she feels at home - her garden. Her father left when she was only seven and they shared a love of gardening. She feels that her husband Adam is too good for her, she doesn't deserve him and, deep down, she's scared that he'll leave her too.

The runaway Bea's first love, Kieran, appears at her wedding and we learn that he too left her eight years ago after a tragedy involving his brother, he promised to return but he never did, breaking Bea's heart.

Who does she choose, should she look for her father, should she choose none and learn to stand on her own two feet and make her own decisions?....all these questions and more are answered in this thought-provoking story, lovingly written by Ali Harris.

I thought it was heart-warming, verging on the sentimental a few too many times for my liking, though it does deal with depression, suicide, guilt, so not too soppy, but overall an absorbing story that I enjoyed.

Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-02
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-02

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Robust, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solid and Robust is what this stapler is.
The look of it is really good as well.
I took this into the office and everyone that used it thought it was the beezkneez.
It came with a load of staples as well.
Great for big bulky stapling jobs.

TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White

5.0 out of 5 stars let there be light, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
so now I have one of these led spotlights it shows up the rest.
I need far more and shall be purchasing some really soon.
This spotlight illuminates the landing which is were I have put it.
Unfortunately it is in a three spotlight holder. The difference with the other bulbs is remarkable.

Light and bright. Good

Recommended

Tacwise 180/15MM 18G Nails (2000)
Tacwise 180/15MM 18G Nails (2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy tool, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I consider this tacker nail gun a very handy tool to have.

Ok so it is not a heavy duty nail gun, but for the small jobs around the home it is very useful.

It is easy to load and has some safety features on board, which means even a novice ( me ) can use it without any mishap.

The nails that come with this should last a long time, depending on the use, so no need to spend more money.

Recommended

Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)
Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 TypeStaples 10mm (2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars Job Done, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect. I used this very easy heavy duty device to put up some chicken wire.
The gun worked like a dream.
Easy to load and easy to fire.
Job done in no time.
I liked it.

Busy B Christmas Labels - Multicolour
Busy B Christmas Labels - Multicolour
Offered by Your Gifts Delivered

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Labels, 3 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These labels are so pretty and colourful. They come in several different sizes, the largest is approximately 4" x 2" and the smallest is about 1 1/4" x 3/4".
Most of them are blank with colourful festive designs round the edges. Some are very small labels with just a design on, including a star and a bauble, and some have words on such as Love Santa, with love and Merry Christmas.
The labels are very easy to peel off and stick on.
They can be stuck on envelopes, presents, parcels, or anything you want really!
There are 160 labels which should see me through several Christmasses!
I am really pleased with them and would definitely recommend them.

1Byone Type QH-0016 Portable Cabinet Wireless Doorbell Door Chime Kit and Push Button With LED Indicator, Wireless Remote Control Doorbell With 36 Different Chimes Polyphonic Melodies To Choose
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Ding Dong, 31 Aug 2014
It is hard to get excited by a doorbell......until you miss a delivery etc.

So far this has not happened.
A portable wireless doorbell is really good.
When I am upstairs I take it with me. When I am in the garage I take it with me.
It works everywhere.
It is so so easy to set up.
It has numerous different chimes.It also has a led indicator to, which is useful when I have the hearphones in my ear when I am working.

No more missed calls now. Great.

Recommended.

1Byone Cube USB 3.0 4-Port Compact SuperSpeed Hub with USB 3.0 Cable
1Byone Cube USB 3.0 4-Port Compact SuperSpeed Hub with USB 3.0 Cable
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 4Ports Hub, 31 Aug 2014
What a useful and versatile piece of kit this is.
As my pc is quite old I have only got one usb slot, so this hub is perfect.
It claims to be super speed at 5 Gbps. And it delivers.
I have used it with my camera,a portable hardrive, and a tablet. All charging and downloading/uploading in record time.

The hub is finished in black. Very sexy!!!
It comes with 2 leads. One lead for connection from the hub to the p.c. And another lead with a usb/jack plug connection. I thought this was a superb little addition and something that all manufacturers don't give.

Fantastic hub, well worth the money at £15 on amazon. Bargain.

Recommended

Aukey Amzdeal Portable Power Bank Charger External Battery Pack (8000mAh Li-Polymer 2.1A Output) for Apple iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S; iPad Air, mini; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy Tab 3, 2 ; Google Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10; LG G3, HTC One, One 2 (M8); Motorola MOTO X, G; Nokia Lumia 925 1020; other Smartphones & Tablets, Google Glass, Bluetooth Speaker, PS Vita, GoPro, Smart Watch and USB Charged Device - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Power Bank Charger, 30 Aug 2014
This is an excellent product delivering on all fronts.

Really well presented, you know it is going to be superb before you plug it in.

This took about 3 hours to fully charge and then it was good to go.
I have tested it to the enth degree and so far it has not let me down.
A recommendation is that two of my friends have bought one after using mine.

Highly recommended.

Aukey Dual Port USB Car Charger 4.2Amps/20W for Apple iPad Air, Mini, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Note2;Google Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, One plus;Motorola Moto G; HTC One M8; LG G2; Nokia Lumia 1520 and most of the USB Charged Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars In car charger, 30 Aug 2014
This is a very useful device for use in the car. A two port charger that fits into the cigar lighter socket in the car.
One port is for an apple product and the other port is for " anything else ". Both ports are clearly marked so no excuse for using the wrong port.

It is a sturdy charger that I now use all the time. It fits into the cigar lighter socket perfectly without any obtrusion.I leave it there all the time.

I charge my phone and use my sat nat simultaneously without any bother.
The unit emits a blue light that lets you know it is working properly.

This is a very useful device that I will use constantly.

Thoroughly recommended.