Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nikon D3300 for Dummies
Nikon D3300 for Dummies
by Julie Adair King

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for Dummies, 28 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is rather disparaging saying "for Dummies ". This should read " to help you with your shots"

The book is very good in the way it sets out all the different hints and tricks to enable you to get the best shots.

The end result is everything. This book will help everyone, from the professional to the amateur gain the best results.

It is easy to read and understand, using good english, with some pictures to help.

This book is fantastic for users of the Nikon D3300. I believe it will help users of other brands of cameras in a similar price range.

I like this book.

Live at the Royal Albert Hall [2002] [DVD]
Live at the Royal Albert Hall [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andre Rieu
Offered by RareGroove

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics from the Royal Albert Hall, 26 Sep 2014
I have had this dvd some time now.
It is Andre Rieu at his subliminal best.All the great tunes are on this dvd. It certainly stands the test of time.
Here is a musician completely at one with his orchestra and his audience.

I thoroughly recommend this dvd for anyone remotely interested in classical music.
With this being a live recording,there is really good audience participation to.

Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale
Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clear Scales, 24 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are good clear scales.

They are very well made and feel as though they will last for ages.

Before you use them you should read the instructions very carefully.
These scales will not only weigh you in either pounds, stones and pounds and kilos. You decide. They will also calculate your BMI when set to you personally. How clever is that!!!
The small screen is very clear to read.
The scales take 3 AAA batteries which are supplied, so you are ready to go out of the box ( but please read the instructions )
I really like them, even if they give me palpations when I use them!!!!

Recommended

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of Suspense, but too much unnecessary detail in the Journal, 23 Sep 2014
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
47 year old Christine wakes up every morning believing that she is still a young woman ....... a young woman who has no idea of where or who she is. Her husband has to explain patiently to her about her accident, something he has to do every morning before he goes to work.

A Dr. Nash rings her every day and tells her where her journal is and to read it and she'll discover who she is.

Gradually Christine starts to remember some events but they are terrifying events, and she begins to wonder just who she can trust......are her memories real or just imagined ..... is her husband telling her the truth.....and what about Dr. Nash, is he really a doctor? She feels helpless and doesn't know who to turn to, she begins to doubt her own sanity.

What a compelling and unsettling story this is, as Christine's memory plays tricks on her, you really don't know who is telling the truth, the plot is slowly dragged out with very few clues along the way, until the shocks are played out, and I did not guess what was coming until it hit me in the face!

Very cleverly written, though slow at times as Christine reads her journal every day, I did feel there were far too many unnecessary details in her writing and wondered how she found the time to write everything down every day. But, aside from that, I thought this was an excellent thriller with just enough twists and turns to keep me turning the pages.

LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDi Learning Tablet (Pink)
LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDi Learning Tablet (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Children, 23 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a neat toy???? for children.
I will be giving this to my 3 year old niece next month, for her birthday,so I hope to be able to update this review.

I have opened the box and set up the pad. I have taken some pictures and have a little story for her when she opens it. The camera on both the front and back work just fine delivering a good picture.

One off putting thing is the american voice which is a little disconcerting to me. It will be interesting to see if it puts my niece off!!!!!

With this brand as with others, there are lots of add ons, which come at a price!! There are apps you can buy which might be a good thing but could also rack up some costs. Some of the apps are educational.Some are musical. Some are games. Some are audio books. A good choice, but a stiff price!!

It feels robust which is a good thing and is a good size for a child to play with.

I like this LeapPad and I think my niece will like it to.

Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium
Greenpan Venice 24 cm Ceramic Non-Stick Open Frypan, Grey Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fry pan, 23 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pan feels and looks like a fry pan Ferrari.
It is so sturdy and looks amazing. Ok I know it is a fry pan but look at others on the market!!!!!.

It is a good size and quite deep. The handle is very firmly attached to the pan and my impression is, it will stay that way.
It can be used with all hobs, gas, electic and ceramic and the beauty with this pan is that you can use it in the oven as well.Cooking on the hob the handle does not get hot, a brilliant feature.

So far I have used it for sausages,eggs, pancakes and sliced potatoes, all with great success. No need to blast the hob up high. Gently, gently is the way with this pan.

After use, I have found a gentle clean with a damp cloth is sufficient, as nothing sticks to this pan.

Recommended.

Philips HR2160/50 Blender with Pulse and Ice Crush, 600 Watt - Black
Philips HR2160/50 Blender with Pulse and Ice Crush, 600 Watt - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Blender with extras, 19 Sep 2014
I like this blender.
It feels good and it looks good, but above all else it does a good job.
It works effortlessly.
I particularly like how it crushes the ice cubes.I now make really good daquaries.
The soups I do aren't bad either.

Don't go for a cheap Blender.Go the extra mile and get this one. You will not be disappointed.

Toshiba 32W2433DB 32-inch Widescreen HD LED TV with Freeview
Toshiba 32W2433DB 32-inch Widescreen HD LED TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Good priced tv, 16 Sep 2014
I bought this for my son, who is at uni.
I thought it was first rate. Easy to set up and easy to navigate around via the remote control.
Oh yes and the picture and sound is good to.

All in all for less than £200 this is a great buy. Thanks amazon for price and delivery with this.

20 Multi colour Fairy Lights for Christmas Tree or Indoor decoration
20 Multi colour Fairy Lights for Christmas Tree or Indoor decoration
Offered by only the best deals 4u

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Sep 2014
Ok, so these lights were cheap, very cheap.
However I expected them to last a little longer than a few days!!!!
I was very disappointed. I put them up and they were ok. I bit fiddly with the wire which was all over the place.
They stayed on for 6 days. Then one of the bulbs popped and that was that.
I will pay a bit more for hopefully a better set.

You get what you pay for.!!!!!!!

A Trick of the Mind
A Trick of the Mind

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and Compulsive, but a few too many coincidences, 11 Sep 2014
A Trick of the Mind is Penny Hancock's third novel after Tideline and The Darkening Hour, both of which I haven't read but they seem to be similar psychological thrillers to this.

The story is told by Ellie who has recently split from her boyfriend, she's starting a new life and is travelling to a beach house that she's inherited from her aunt. Driving along a country lane at night she feels a bump but doesn't stop to investigate, she carries on driving. It's only afterwards when she hears on the radio of someone being hit by a car does she think she may have run someone over.

She feels so ridden with guilt that not only does she visit the man in hospital but, somehow, she pretends to be his girlfriend as the man has lost some of his memory.

Ellie is an anxious person, she's obsessive and compulsive, she does things like looking over her shoulder three times, taps three times on a gatepost, in her mind these will keep people safe. As the story continues we learn why she's like this, why she relies on talismans to feel safe in the world.

Patrick, the hit and run victim, seems too good to be true, rich, handsome, charming .... he and Ellie soon become close, but is he too perfect? What secrets is he hiding? Did she hit him by accident?

There's also another mystery concerning the Aunt who left Ellie her house, why did she leave her this house, who was the mysterious little girl who's mementoes Ellie finds in the house, how did she die? Why does no-one want to talk about her?

At first I couldn't put this book down, it was gripping, compulsive, the writing was fast paced and flowing, the clues were being drip fed. But after a while I felt there were too many coincidences that just didn't seem 'right', which I don't want to spoil, and my enthusiasm started to wane slightly. I have to say, though, that they didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of this book, I would give it four stars instead of five stars because of that.

If you haven't read any of Penny Hancock's books (or if you have) and you enjoy psychological suspense novels I would give this a try

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20