Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXA 5V/4.2A Dual Ports High Speed USB Car Charger Adapter Universal Bullet Rapid 2 USB Car Charger Vehicle Power car Adapter Travel Adapter Bullet USB Compact In Car Charger for iPad 2 3 4, ipad Mini, ipad Air, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2 Tab 3, Google Nexus, HTC One, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony , LG, Motorola, Lenovo, ZTE, GPS, Smart phones, Tablets, game devices, MP3 Player and other Android Mobiles devices (Cable NOT included) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Car Charger, 29 Jun 2014
Now here is a gadget that will be used daily.
A great idea. Solidly made and works a treat.I use it for my sat nat and phone every day of the week.
It has functioned 100% every time. For the price this is a must buy. I cant say anymore.
Recommended

OXA® 2600mAh Power Bank USB External Battery Backup Pack Charger USB Output High Capacity Portable Battery Charger for iphone 5, iphone 4S, iphone 4,ipad, ipad 2, mini ipad, Samsung Galaxy 4S, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung I9300, HTC oneX, HTC phones (with samsung battery cells)
Offered by buyinsummer

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Charger, 29 Jun 2014
This is a very practical portable charger from a leading brand.
OXA are a leading company in these type of products and so far the ones I have used have been very good, and this is no exception.
Just charge up the unit and away you go. Simple. It takes about 2 hours to charge.
This one is very neat and will fit into the smallest pocket of a backpack, or a handbag.
Buying this is cheaper than buying an extra battery.
I mainly use it with my phone when I am out and about and I feel satisfied that I have extra power should I need it.
Recommended

Andrew James 1500 WATT Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Silver, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Mixer, 29 Jun 2014
I am so glad I was given this mixer.The one I was using was about 1000 years old!!!!It was given to me as a wedding present over 30 years ago, so I was ready for a new one.
This one is superb.It is much more compact than my old one, and so does not take up as much room on my worktop.It also has a decent length of lead which is something not all appliances come with. It mixes so easily and so very well. If this lasts me as long as my previous one, and I think it will,it will be a very good buy.Here to lots of cakes.

Tefal ActiFry Family AH900240 Low Fat Electric Fryer - 1.5 kg Capacity - White
Tefal ActiFry Family AH900240 Low Fat Electric Fryer - 1.5 kg Capacity - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Tefal Actifry, 28 Jun 2014
This was recommended by a friend.
My deepfat fryer packed up and I needed another one.
This is a super one. Large enough for a family but it uses very little oil.I feel I am eating more healthy now, not using as much oil. ( it may be in my head !!!!).
The food ( chips mainly ) is good, and there is zero smell in the kitchen.
This is not a cheap fryer, but so fat it is good value for money.

Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes
Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Gift, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was for my friends niece.
She is 5 years old and she loves it.It is very girly and she can make something with all the glittery things to keep for her self or give to her friends.Her friends love it also.
A good recommendation is her friends mothers wanted to know where I got it from, so they could buy one.It can keep her occupied for ages.

Galt Toys First Book
Galt Toys First Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Cheerful, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys First Book (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely,bright and cheerful little " book " that I got for my niece.
It is lovely for her to hold and look at, introducing her to the bright colours.
I like the fact that it can be washed with the washing in the washing machine.I am sure there are other very similar products out there but I liked this and more importantly,so does my niece.

The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol Mystery)
The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol Mystery)
by Sally Carpenter

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab Read for Fans of the Fab Four!, 22 Jun 2014
Set in 1993 Sandy Fairfax hasn't made a public appearance in 5 years, a former 1970's TV show boy sleuth and teen idol. Now 38 and divorced, his wife has issued him with an ultimatum -- he can't see his two children until he's sober and working, he jumps at the chance to attend a Beatles Convention as a guest speaker and decides to quit drinking once and for all and thinks to himself --

"This gig sounds easy enough. How much trouble can I get into at a fan convention?"

If I had known the answer to that question, I'd have run inside, locked the doors, and never left the house again.

When a member of the tribute band is murdered, in Sandy's arms, leaving a spoken clue behind, Sandy just can't forget his days as a boy sleuth on his TV show and starts digging for clues to the murderer and digs himself into trouble with the local police.

This is a really enjoyable mystery, some of Sandy's tales from his teen idol days sounded so realistic that I found myself starting to believe them! Fabulous story-telling from Sally Carpenter. There are plenty of Beatles references, to songs, albums, concerts. You don't have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy this but I think if you are you'll love it.

It had it all, funny, likeable protagonist with flaws, original and clever storyline, some oddball characters, entertaining writing that made be laugh. A fab read!

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
Offered by Optimistics

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 18 Jun 2014
I have used a less expensive "action camcorder" and developed a passion for them so I purchased this model.So far so good.Everything works fine and dandy with some great recordings I have made. My husband is going to take it on a moto cross outing so we shall see what that brings.
Anyone who is an adventure thrill person must get one of these.When viewing back the footage it is just mind blowing.Get the beers out and show the footage again and again. Brilliant!!!!
I will leave the tecky stuff to them that know!! I just use it.

Bose QuietComfort 3 Noise-Cancelling Headphones Black and Silver
Bose QuietComfort 3 Noise-Cancelling Headphones Black and Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cans.....at a price, 18 Jun 2014
I debated long and hard about purchasing these headphones. I couldn't rationale the price to myself ( or my partner!!! )And then I received a bonus for a job I had done. Great!!!!
The headphones are superb.I would expect nothing less from this brand.Everything I have bought has been fantastic and these headphones are no exception.From the styling to the comfort factor and mainly to the sound these are just the business.
You get the deep rich tones and superb bass sounds.I use them everyday and I am so pleased I splashed out on them.This is a serious purchase but I am sure it will pay dividends in the future.
Recommended.

Once Upon a Wager (Crimson Romance)
Once Upon a Wager (Crimson Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Regency Read, 14 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed reading this Regency Romance, the first of this genre that I've ever read

The "impossibly beautiful" Annabelle Layton was undisciplined and did as she pleased, she was confident and flirty, especially with the most handsome man she had ever seen -- Alec Carstairs.

But after a tragic incident involving her brother Gareth, Alec is banished from her life and Annabelle believes he has abandoned her and misunderstandings abound.

Julie Lemense has created two engaging main characters who were very real, together with Annabelle's very sharp and clever Aunt Sophia who I think was my favourite character!

The writing flowed, I was entertained, the storyline was fresh, all the characters were memorable, there were good guys and bad guys or should I say there were cads and there were gentlemen.

A thoroughly enjoyable and not too soppy read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20