Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rapesco Power Assisted Heavy Duty Stapler
Rapesco Power Assisted Heavy Duty Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Boy Stapler, 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This stapler is for grown ups and is not a toy.

It is a very well made heavy duty stapler with a power assist mechanism ideal for those bulky jobs.

I like the fact that you can use different sized staples for different jobs. This comes with 10mm staples so it can be used immediately for most daily jobs.

I took it into work with me and everyone wanted to use it!!!!! It has now been used for some bulky reports we put together.

It has a 5 year guarantee but I am sure it will last far far longer than this.

Great stapler from a good brand.
Recommended

A Sense of Entitlement (Hattie Davish Mysteries)
A Sense of Entitlement (Hattie Davish Mysteries)
by Anna Loan-Wilsey

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, 30 Jun 2014
A Sense of Entitlement is a delightfully entertaining read set in the 1890's with amateur sleuth and travelling secretary Hattie Davish who is a smart and practical young woman.

I found it very slow going at first but when it picked up I really enjoyed the story as Hattie digs into the world of the unions and social climbers in Rhode Island.

This is the third in the series and although some characters reappear in this book it still felt like a stand alone novel.

I was eagerly turning the pages to discover the killer's identity. This is the kind of mystery that I really enjoy, interesting characters, a clever and engaging heroine and a plot that's easy to follow.

I'll definitely be looking out for more Hattie Davish adventures to come in the future.

OXA® 10000mAh 2 USB Outputs Portable External Battery Charger Power Bank With Digital Screen And LED Flashlight for iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iphone 3GS, iPad, HTC One, HTC One Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Apple iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 925, Windows Phone 8, Huawei Ascend G330, Huawei Ascend P2, Huawei Ascend P6, Samsung Ativ S, Motorola Razr HD, Sony Xperia S, Blackberry Z10 review, Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 820, Nokia Lumia 720, Tablets, Digital Camera, MP3 Players, and other USB Devices (Black)
Offered by buyinsummer

5.0 out of 5 stars Knock Out, 29 Jun 2014
This power bank is a real knock out.
It is very well made with a real look about it.Typical from OXA.Their products always deliver for me.I love this brand.
This bank is a little better than others I have used. This one has a LED screen which counts down the usage.Very good feature.It is compact and comes with a lovely velvet bag which should stop any scratches.
Recommended

OXA 5V/4.2A Dual Ports High Speed USB Car Charger Adapter Universal Bullet Rapid 2 USB Car Charger Vehicle Power car Adapter Travel Adapter Bullet USB Compact In Car Charger for iPad 2 3 4, ipad Mini, ipad Air, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 3 2 Tab 3, Google Nexus, HTC One, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony , LG, Motorola, Lenovo, ZTE, GPS, Smart phones, Tablets, game devices, MP3 Player and other Android Mobiles devices (Cable NOT included) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 29 Jun 2014
Now here is a gadget that will be used daily.
A great idea. Solidly made and works a treat.I use it for my sat nat and phone every day of the week.
It has functioned 100% every time.For the price this is a must buy.I cant say anymore.
Recommended

OXA® 2600mAh Power Bank USB External Battery Backup Pack Charger USB Output High Capacity Portable Battery Charger for iphone 5, iphone 4S, iphone 4,ipad, ipad 2, mini ipad, Samsung Galaxy 4S, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung I9300, HTC oneX, HTC phones (with samsung battery cells)
Offered by buyinsummer

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Charger, 29 Jun 2014
This is a very practical portable charger from a leading brand.
OXA are a leading company in these type of products and so far the ones I have used have been very good, and this is no exception.
Just charge up the unit and away you go.Simple.It takes about 2 hours to charge.
This one is very neat and will fit into the smallest pocket of a backpack, or a handbag.
Buying this is cheaper than buying an extra battery.
I mainly use it with my camera when I am out and about and I feel satisfied that I have extra power should I need it.
Recommended

Andrew James 1500 WATT Electric Food Stand Mixer In Stunning Silver, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Splash Guard, 5.2 Litre Bowl, Spatula And 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Mixer, 29 Jun 2014
I am so glad I was given this mixer.The one I was using was about 1000 years old!!!!It was given to me as a wedding present over 30 years ago, so I was ready for a new one.
This one is superb.It is much more compact than my old one, and so does not take up as much room on my worktop.It also has a decent length of lead which is something not all appliances come with. It mixes so easily and so very well. If this lasts me as long as my previous one, and I think it will,it will be a very good buy.Here to lots of cakes.

Tefal ActiFry Family AH900240 Low Fat Electric Fryer - 1.5 kg Capacity - White
Tefal ActiFry Family AH900240 Low Fat Electric Fryer - 1.5 kg Capacity - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Tefal Actifry, 28 Jun 2014
This was recommended by a friend.
My deepfat fryer packed up and I needed another one.
This is a super one. Large enough for a family but it uses very little oil.I feel I am eating more healthy now, not using as much oil. ( it may be in my head !!!!).
The food ( chips mainly ) is good, and there is zero smell in the kitchen.
This is not a cheap fryer, but so fat it is good value for money.

Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes
Galt Toys Fairy Glitter Domes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Gift, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was for my friends niece.
She is 5 years old and she loves it.It is very girly and she can make something with all the glittery things to keep for her self or give to her friends.Her friends love it also.
A good recommendation is her friends mothers wanted to know where I got it from, so they could buy one.It can keep her occupied for ages.

Galt Toys First Book
Galt Toys First Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Cheerful, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys First Book (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely,bright and cheerful little " book " that I got for my niece.
It is lovely for her to hold and look at, introducing her to the bright colours.
I like the fact that it can be washed with the washing in the washing machine.I am sure there are other very similar products out there but I liked this and more importantly,so does my niece.

The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol Mystery)
The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper (Sandy Fairfax Teen Idol Mystery)
by Sally Carpenter

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab Read for Fans of the Fab Four!, 22 Jun 2014
Set in 1993 Sandy Fairfax hasn't made a public appearance in 5 years, a former 1970's TV show boy sleuth and teen idol. Now 38 and divorced, his wife has issued him with an ultimatum -- he can't see his two children until he's sober and working, he jumps at the chance to attend a Beatles Convention as a guest speaker and decides to quit drinking once and for all and thinks to himself --

"This gig sounds easy enough. How much trouble can I get into at a fan convention?"

If I had known the answer to that question, I'd have run inside, locked the doors, and never left the house again.

When a member of the tribute band is murdered, in Sandy's arms, leaving a spoken clue behind, Sandy just can't forget his days as a boy sleuth on his TV show and starts digging for clues to the murderer and digs himself into trouble with the local police.

This is a really enjoyable mystery, some of Sandy's tales from his teen idol days sounded so realistic that I found myself starting to believe them! Fabulous story-telling from Sally Carpenter. There are plenty of Beatles references, to songs, albums, concerts. You don't have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy this but I think if you are you'll love it.

It had it all, funny, likeable protagonist with flaws, original and clever storyline, some oddball characters, entertaining writing that made be laugh. A fab read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20