Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones - Black
Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational Cans, 10 Oct 2014
These are fantastic headphones from a very good brand.

Anything I have from the Bose brand is sensational and these headphones certainly are sensational.

I use them all the time now. Even in the house when I just sit down to read I put these on and play any music I like.
They are so very comfortable to wear and the sound is something to behold. Each and every note of the music can be heard so distinctly and the richness of the bass and treble is fantastic.

Ok, so they are not cheap. But these headphones should last a long time, and they are so comfortable to wear.
If you want headphones to enrich your sounds then get these.
If you want headphones to cheapen your sounds then stay clear of these.

Recommended

Philips LED A60 9.5 W E27 Edison Screw Warm White Light Bulb (60 W Equivalent, 15,000 Hours)

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Light, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This light bulb comes from a very familiar leading brand, Philips.
Therefore you get what you expect. In this case a bold durable and very bright light bulb.
I use this in my garage. Switch the light on and there is instant brightness. No waiting for it to warm up. Great.
Please remember when ordering this is a screw fit and NOT the usual bayonet fit.

Only time will tell if it lasts. 15 YEARS. WOW.
The instant light is a bonus for me though.
Slightly pricey, but if it does last well worth the cost.

So far so good.

Philips GU10 5 Watt 230 V LED Dimmable Spot Bulb, Warm White
Philips GU10 5 Watt 230 V LED Dimmable Spot Bulb, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Easy, 10 Oct 2014
This light is great.
I matched it with my old GU10's and what a difference.

This light is white and bright. Perfect.

I will now have to replace the other GU10 bulbs in the fitting.
A price worth paying. I have not used the dimming action as I have no dimmer switch, but I love this bulb.
It has low energy consumption and lasts for 15 YEARS !!!!!! WOW.
Pay more now to save loads in the future.

Get one ( or more )
Recommended.

Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase
by Louise Walters

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Secrets Set in Two Different Eras, little slow in parts but intriguing story, 5 Oct 2014
Roberta is 34 years old, lives alone and loves working in the Old and New Bookshop, she finds things in books such as postcards, locks of hair, letters, receipts etc. and she keeps most of them, she finds it hard to dispose of these memories. She also loves old suitcases and is thrilled when her father gives her her grandmother's old suitcase. When she discovers in it an old letter dated February 1941 she is intrigued

This is a dual narrative story going back and forth from the present to the Second World War where we meet Roberta's grandmother Dorothy, living in a little cottage on a farm, husband away at war, she's a mystery to the other villagers due to her not socialising but she doesn't care. She had two land girls helping with the farm and she manages to eke out a living by sewing and taking in laundry.

But her life changes dramatically when she meets a Polish airman, they become close, and when another dramatic event happens on the farm she has to make life-changing decisions which affect everyone's lives.

I really enjoyed going back and forth in time with the two women, especially Dorothy who had such a sad life and desperately wanted a baby. She couldn't believe her luck when Jan walked into her life and gave her some happiness.

Roberta too was lonely, she was 'useless at wobbly moments' and thinks she's a 7 out of 10 on a very good day. Her boss, Philip, was good company, funny and witty and Roberta enjoys his company. His girlfriend also works at the shop and, according to Roberta, she's a 9 and a half out of 10......so no chance of a romance ...... or is there?

This was a good story, well-told, with interesting characters, but it wasn't a page-turner for me, sometimes I struggled to pick it up again, though it was an intriguing story, one of regret, lost chances, love, sadness and about the decisions we make that we think are for the best.

I think this book is a very encouraging start for debut novelist Louise Walters. I look forward to seeing what she next publishes.

Morphy Richards 720501 Multi-Floors Steam Mop with Microfibre Pads, 1400 Watt - White/ Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mop, 3 Oct 2014
I bought this as I have had new flooring put down.

It is great.

No fuss . Easy to use. And most importantly is does a great job.

The pads are velcro, so when you attach them they stay attached.

This is a really good buy.

Recommended

Philips Outdoor Solar Candle (1 x 2 W Integrated LED)
Philips Outdoor Solar Candle (1 x 2 W Integrated LED)
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, 1 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very disappointed with this Solar candle.

It just does not work.

On close inspection of the batteries and after trying everything,one of the batteries appears slightly corroded!!!!
I can only imagine this is the problem. I will pursue this with brand new batteries and will update.

If this is the case I find this very bad practise in supplying a product with dud batteries.

Again, I was very disappointed.

AmazonBasics 12-Volt Black Heated Seat Cushion with 3-way Temperature Controller

4.0 out of 5 stars A Warm Bottom, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This heated seat cushion/cover will be great during a COLD winter.
Easy to fit and easy to use. Fits well onto the seat in my Picasso.
Works via the cigar lighter in the car.

One problem is it does get hot!!!!! My bum was roasting at one point. There is a control, but so far I haven't yet mastered it.
It is either too cold or too hot.

This is good value for money. In winter it will be superb, I believe.

Nikon D3300 for Dummies
Nikon D3300 for Dummies
by Julie Adair King

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for Dummies, 28 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is rather disparaging saying "for Dummies ". This should read " to help you with your shots"

The book is very good in the way it sets out all the different hints and tricks to enable you to get the best shots.

The end result is everything. This book will help everyone, from the professional to the amateur gain the best results.

It is easy to read and understand, using good english, with some pictures to help.

This book is fantastic for users of the Nikon D3300. I believe it will help users of other brands of cameras in a similar price range.

I like this book.

Live at the Royal Albert Hall [2002] [DVD]
Live at the Royal Albert Hall [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andre Rieu
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics from the Royal Albert Hall, 26 Sep 2014
I have had this dvd some time now.
It is Andre Rieu at his subliminal best.All the great tunes are on this dvd. It certainly stands the test of time.
Here is a musician completely at one with his orchestra and his audience.

I thoroughly recommend this dvd for anyone remotely interested in classical music.
With this being a live recording,there is really good audience participation to.

Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale
Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clear Scales, 24 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are good clear scales.

They are very well made and feel as though they will last for ages.

Before you use them you should read the instructions very carefully.
These scales will not only weigh you in either pounds, stones and pounds and kilos. You decide. They will also calculate your BMI when set to you personally. How clever is that!!!
The small screen is very clear to read.
The scales take 3 AAA batteries which are supplied, so you are ready to go out of the box ( but please read the instructions )
I really like them, even if they give me palpations when I use them!!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20