Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Microsafe Probe Wipes 3 x 70 tubs - antibacterial disinfectant thermometer and instrument cleaning wipes
Offered by Home & Family Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Job!, 4 Dec 2014
The probe wipes are perfect for the work I do, they are a nice handy pack size that fit neatly and easily into my bag. The wipes are a good size, not too big, just moist enough to clean probes quickly and easily.
I will definitely be buying more when I need them.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 4:29 PM GMT

Verbatim 52608 GU10 5 Watt Light Bulb
Verbatim 52608 GU10 5 Watt Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Bright, 2 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great bulb from a leading manufacture of led bulbs.

It fits easily into a GU socket.It gives off a superb bright light, and I will replace my other GU10 bulbs with these as and when they blow.

The narrative states that it burns for 20,000 hours with a 90% saving in energy costs.
A win, win all round.

Essentials pH Meter
Essentials pH Meter
Offered by The Grow Superstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Quality Product, 2 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At last I own a ph Meter.
This product is easy to use and delivers a good accurate reading.
A good test is to use it in water.See the result and feel confident in the readings.
I will use it in the spring in the garden and update my review.

I feel this will last me if it is stored correctly.

Philips LED GU10 Spot Light 3W (35W Replacement) Warm White, Pack of 2
Philips LED GU10 Spot Light 3W (35W Replacement) Warm White, Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Light, 29 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pair of good led light bulbs from a brand leader.

I have had these bulbs previously, so I jumped at the chance for more!!!!!!!

The bulb glows nice and bright and stays cool. This is a very good safety feature, with less chance of a fire occurring.

It uses less power so in the long run it will be a saving on my energy bill. A WIN WIN.

I like these bulbs and will start replacing my GU10 bulbs when they blow with these.

Zyliss Burger Press with Adjustable Thickness
Zyliss Burger Press with Adjustable Thickness

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Burger, 29 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a handy little gadget that I think will get used quite frequently in our house.

I usually make my burgers by hand, or pay a hefty price for prepared burgers in the supermarket.
I now have the option of using this burger press to make them.

It is so simple to use.

As with any Zyliss brand products this press is very well made and functional.
After use, it just goes in with the washing up and hey presto it is good to go again.

There are a few recipes in the instruction book.
I tried the venison burger and the Cowboy burger. WOW !!!!!!!

This Press is not just a gimmick, it is a useful additional gadget for the kitchen.

Pack of 10 Twin Double Slot Shelving Brackets Size 220mm
Pack of 10 Twin Double Slot Shelving Brackets Size 220mm
Offered by Comyn Ching Architectural Hardware

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 27 Nov 2014
These slot shelves are really good.

Buy the uprights and job done.

Really good price on amazon.

Pack of 10 Twin Double Slot Shelving Wall Mounted Uprights Size 1000mm
Pack of 10 Twin Double Slot Shelving Wall Mounted Uprights Size 1000mm
Offered by Crossley Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 27 Nov 2014
These brackets are great for shelving.
Set them where you require.No fuss.

Only problem is, there is no fixing screws/plugs with them.

Good price on amazon.

Philips GU10 5 Watt 230 V 2 LED Spotlight Bulb, White
Philips GU10 5 Watt 230 V 2 LED Spotlight Bulb, White
Offered by DDL-Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Bright, 27 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good led light bulb from a brand leader.

I have had these bulbs previously, so I jumped at the chance for more!!!!!!!

I like this bulb and will start replacing my GU10 bulbs when they blow with these.

The Abortionist's Daughter: A Novel
The Abortionist's Daughter: A Novel
by Elisa DeCarlo

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Favourite Reads this year .... Descriptive Writing, Memorable Characters, 27 Nov 2014
Twenty-three year old Melanie Daniels hated how her father's conviction had ruined her life, she blamed him for the townspeople shunning her and how her family went from the upper to the lower tier of society.

Melanie was a romantic, she was waiting to be swept off her feet like the stars she read about in her glossy magazines. She was a young naive girl living in the Adirondack mountains and when one day she meets handsome, charismatic James, a 'travelling salesman' she feels like her dream has finally come true.

Running away with him to New York she declared that "she didn't care if she never saw another mountain again".

I loved seeing New York through her eyes, she was in awe of the crowds of people, how the fashions were more daring, shorter skirts and lower necklines, she was stunned by all the bright lights, scared of the elevator and fascinated with the flushing toilet! But she was also transfixed and loved everything about the city as well.

But Melanie discovers some harsh life lessons too and soon she is all alone and penniless and the lights aren't so bright anymore. A friend of James, the actress, Gladys Dumbrille comes to Melanie's aid and their paths will cross again throughout the book.

She decides that the theatre stage, like the stars that she looked up to, is where she wants to be and she is determined that she won't fail.......

I enjoyed seeing Melanie change and grow as a person, I liked how she didn't want to conform, she didn't want to go back home to the Adirondacks and just barely scrape a living like her parents.

This is one of my favourite reads of this year, the writing was descriptive and well paced with some memorable characters and a wonderful leading heroine, I enjoyed the behind the scenes at the theatre and the mentions of the celebrities of the day added a realism to the story. I found it easy to immerse myself in the New York of 1916, a man's world where it seemed that women had all the responsibilities but very little of the fun!

I was captivated from the start and didn't want it to finish, I wanted to read more about Melanie, to see where life would lead her, and was disappointed when I turned over the last page and saw the words THE END.

The Christmas Spirit
The Christmas Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Holiday Read to put You in the Christmas Spirit!, 22 Nov 2014
The Christmas Spirit is my first festive read this year and this lovely feel good story has definitely put me in a Christmassy mood and ready for the coming Yuletide season.

When Natalie arrives in a little village near Loch Lomond in Scotland she knew who needed her help the most and, as she baked her delicious Christmas cakes in the Sugar and Spice Bakery her plans for them started to take shape.

None of them were looking forward to Christmas this year..............

I thought the author really developed each character well for such a short story and I enjoyed it very much. Warm-hearted, cheerful and up-beat, this is the perfect holiday read to put you in the Christmas Spirit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20