Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Perfect Girl
Perfect Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and fun tale of how strong we can be if we're pushed too far!, 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: Perfect Girl (Kindle Edition)
Perfect Girl has an intriguing start where Carol is being put into a police car ....... then we go back six months to discover how and why.

Carol is 26, has never done anything naughty in her life and is proud of that fact! She tries to be perfect and please everyone because she believes her family count on her and, besides, she loves doing things for them. What's so wrong with that?

The problem is that Carol can't see that her sister is expecting her to make all the plans for her forthcoming wedding saying "There are a million things to take care of but I know we can rely on you completely Carol", a boyfriend that is too busy, too tired, too stressed to make any plans for anything. Not to mention a boss who is not only a perv but a bully who belittles her at every opportunity, even though she's spent a year making a program that will make the bank millions of pounds......and he takes all the credit for it!

Carol is lovely, it's difficult to dislike her but I found myself shouting at her telling her to stick up for herself and that she should be mad as hell for being treated as a doormat by everyone. She has become a master at stamping down her emotions at work, if they can't see them, they can't use them against her she reasons.

Then when something disastrous happens at work Carol's world is turned upside down and she's forced to re-evaluate her whole life, with surprising results!

I enjoyed reading this story, with annoying characters, memorable characters, funny moments, a little romance, though it had far too much detail about the bank's program, most of which went over my head ..... but that didn't spoil my overall enjoyment.

Chic 9ct Oval Amethyst Bracelet of Length 19.5cm
Chic 9ct Oval Amethyst Bracelet of Length 19.5cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational, 16 Oct 2014
This bracelet is truly amazing.

Amethyst is my birth stone and when I was given this as a present I was speechless!!!!!

The look and cut of this bracelet is beautiful and makes me feel so good when I wear it.

It came in a lovely presentation box, which I keep it in.

The length is just right for me. Not too tight and not too slack.

Sensational is the word.

Ninabox Cool Summer Collection [CSC] -- Condensed Wish. White Gold Plated Alloy Jewelry Sets with Good Cut Purple Swarovski Elements Austria Crystal. Pendant Necklace and Drop Earrings Fashion Jewelry Set, Perfect for Weddings and Proms. T000144
Offered by NINABOX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 Oct 2014
This Pendant and earrings were bought for me as a present.
They are beautiful.
They look really nice on me.
I love the colour and sparkle.
Spectacular.

Playtex Cherish Maxi Brief 3 Pack High Rise Women's Knickers Black Size 14
Playtex Cherish Maxi Brief 3 Pack High Rise Women's Knickers Black Size 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Komfy Kex, 16 Oct 2014
Good fit. I feel really comfy in these.
Better value for money than sloggi in my opinion.

Galt Toys Purse Pals
Galt Toys Purse Pals

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sewing and Craft Toy, 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Purse Pals (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first look at this toy it seems to be a good sewing and craft toy for my niece.

She is 5 and I am sure she is going to love this. It is her birthday soon and I will give it her then.
I can then update this critique.

The contents of this kit look really good and should offer some play time and educational time.

Leitz WOW 1005 180° A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue
Leitz WOW 1005 180° A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Lever Arch File, 16 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. I love the Blueness of this binder. It stands out from the crowd.

It is really robust and as I have filled it, it does not seem to bow.

It has a good strong mechanism.

I love it and I am sure unlike other lever arch files I use, it will stand the test of time.

At just over £7 a bit pricey.

Oak Wood Effect Vinyl Flooring- Kitchen Vinyl Floors-3 metres wide choose your own length in 1FT(foot)Lengths
Offered by West Derby Carpets Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flooring, 15 Oct 2014
This is superb vinyl flooring.
It was delivered very quickly and was as per the description.
The vinyl fitted really well. Job done for a good price.
Overall a very satisfied customer.
I may be back for more!!!!

Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones - Black
Bose ® QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational Cans, 10 Oct 2014
These are fantastic headphones from a very good brand.

Anything I have from the Bose brand is sensational and these headphones certainly are sensational.

I use them all the time now. Even in the house when I just sit down to read I put these on and play any music I like.
They are so very comfortable to wear and the sound is something to behold. Each and every note of the music can be heard so distinctly and the richness of the bass and treble is fantastic.

Ok, so they are not cheap. But these headphones should last a long time, and they are so comfortable to wear.
If you want headphones to enrich your sounds then get these.
If you want headphones to cheapen your sounds then stay clear of these.

Recommended

Philips LED A60 9.5 W E27 Edison Screw Warm White Light Bulb (60 W Equivalent, 15,000 Hours)

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Light, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This light bulb comes from a very familiar leading brand, Philips.
Therefore you get what you expect. In this case a bold durable and very bright light bulb.
I use this in my garage. Switch the light on and there is instant brightness. No waiting for it to warm up. Great.
Please remember when ordering this is a screw fit and NOT the usual bayonet fit.

Only time will tell if it lasts. 15 YEARS. WOW.
The instant light is a bonus for me though.
Slightly pricey, but if it does last well worth the cost.

So far so good.

Philips GU10 5 Watt 230 V LED Dimmable Spot Bulb, Warm White
Philips GU10 5 Watt 230 V LED Dimmable Spot Bulb, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Easy, 10 Oct 2014
This light is great.
I matched it with my old GU10's and what a difference.

This light is white and bright. Perfect.

I will now have to replace the other GU10 bulbs in the fitting.
A price worth paying. I have not used the dimming action as I have no dimmer switch, but I love this bulb.
It has low energy consumption and lasts for 15 YEARS !!!!!! WOW.
Pay more now to save loads in the future.

Get one ( or more )