Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30

5.0 out of 5 stars AmiGami Tropical Bird & Beach House, 20 Feb. 2015
AmiGami Tropical Bird & Beach House

Wow!!!!!!!!!!What a fantastic present for my niece.

There is no end to her imagination with this.
It keeps her engaged for ages and whilst initially this is a toy/craft it really does stretch a 5 year old's imagination.

It comes in very nice packaging. This will be a present for her birthday, and she will LOVE it.

AmiGami Bird Figure
AmiGami Bird Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars AmiGami Bird, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Bird Figure (Toy)
AmiGami Cat.

AmiGami Cat Figure
AmiGami Cat Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars AmiGami. Yeah, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Cat Figure (Toy)
AmiGami Cat.

AmiGami Fox and Owl Figures
AmiGami Fox and Owl Figures

5.0 out of 5 stars AmiGami., 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Fox and Owl Figures (Toy)

The Strings of Murder
The Strings of Murder

4.0 out of 5 stars Murder, Mayhem and Music, 16 Feb. 2015
The Strings of Murder is the first book in a new series following Inspector Frey and Detective McGray as they investigate crimes around Victorian Britain and if this tale is typical of them I will be adding them to my wish list!

Told in the first person by Inspector Ian Frey, who we learn has in the past started and abandoned both medicine at Oxford University and Law at Cambridge University but when he recently uncovers an infamous murderer in London he feels he has found his forte in the CID.

"A mark on the wall, the contents of a wallet, a lock of hair ..... a glove carelessly left behind ... those tiny details of everyday life, things that the ordinary man would never normally ponder on, were our tools, and most of the time sufficient to allow us to draw a full picture of victims and aggressors.....in short, their innermost darkest secrets were at hand if one knew just how to read the world around.
How thrilling, how fascinating that game was. Finally, I'd found my place. Proved my value."

But, a new man at the head of Scotland Yard sends Frey to Edinburgh as they fear another Jack the Ripper in Scotland. He meets Detective Adolphus McGray and, to say they don't meet eye to eye is an understatement! Frey thinks McGray's an idiot and McGray thinks he's a soft Southerner and proceeds to call him a lassie from then on.

Of course, they work well together, even though they are such opposite characters, to try and discover the perpetrator of several puzzling and gruesome murders, their exchanges were funny some of the time and some of McGray's contacts were dodgy most of the time. With twists aplenty and a good strong plot featuring the occult, devil worship, a clairvoyant and an impossible puzzle, I really enjoyed this mystery and was constantly changing my mind as to who the murderer was. I also loved the atmosphere of horror that the author conjured up.

I thought the book cover was perfect - it sums up the story very accurately to me.

VAX W85-PP-T Dual Power Pro Carpet Washer, 1200 W
VAX W85-PP-T Dual Power Pro Carpet Washer, 1200 W

5.0 out of 5 stars VAX W85-PP-T Dual Power Pro, 1200 W, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one huge cleaning machine.

Please note. This is not a vacuum cleaner.

This machine is heavy. It can also be cumbersome.

It is also a very, very good cleaning machine.

Do not spend money with contract cleaners.

Buy this machine and clean your carpets yourself.
Use this anytime anywhere. ( almost ).The stairs may be tricky but not impossible.
All the attachments are in the box. The machine fits together really well and easy.No tools are needed.

It also comes with some cleaning detergent, so all you will need is water.

I cleaned a bedroom carpet and a dining room carpet, with ease. And what a difference there was. Truly brilliant.

This cleaning machine will prove to be a good investment.
I am sure that I will use this machine again and again. I will also loan this to family and friends.

Brilliant.

The One I Was
The One I Was

4.0 out of 5 stars I really cared about the characters, hidden identities, dual time narrative, guilty secrets, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The One I Was (Kindle Edition)
I think I have read all of Eliza Graham's novels and I've loved and enjoyed them all, including this latest novel.

I love her simple writing style, her individual characters and the way she makes you care about them.

The One I Was begins with Rosamond's arrival at Fairfleet to nurse terminally ill Benny Gault, a German refugee who now owns the large house that belonged to the family who took him in in 1939.

I was absorbed from the start and wanted to know what Benny's guilty secret was, how does Rosamond know Fairfleet and what is her guilty secret?

The story goes back and forth in time for both Benny and Rosamond's early years to the present day.

Benny and I had both known early trouble. And we'd both found ways of insulating ourselves from discomforting echoes: he in this old country house with its sweeping views and fine furniture, me in my minimalist flat with its few starkly fashionable pieces.

As Benny opens up to her about his life at Fairfleet during the war, Rosamond also starts to unburden herself of her guilt. This is a story of hope, hidden identities, friendships, redemption and forgiveness.

There were a couple of inconsistencies in the story that annoyed me, although it didn't spoil the overall storyline it did make a difference to how I felt about the book overall, it is more a four star than a five star.

Ending on a positive note, I learned some interesting facts about the war and, especially about the women pilots (which I had not know about before) who flew planes from airfield to airfield to supply the RAF against Hitler as he moved across north-west Europe.

If you're looking for an easy read, set before and during WWII and present day, has believable characters with secrets, an old country house, a story full of suspense that will intrigue and fascinate you, then consider adding this to your list.

Bosch IXO Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with 3.6 V Battery, 1.3 Ah
Bosch IXO Cordless Lithium-Ion Screwdriver with 3.6 V Battery, 1.3 Ah

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cordless Screwdriver., 10 Feb. 2015
This was a gift my husband received.
He likes it.

No more energy sapping screwdrivers now.

It is very easy to use and has a really nice feel to it.
With Forward, Lock, and Reverse even a chimp could use it!!!!!!!!!

It also has a light on it for easy seeing the screw.
It shows the battery status whether it is charged or needs a charge.

My husband has used it a few times without needing to recharge it.

Good marks for a brand leader.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Photoshop 13, 10 Feb. 2015
What a fantastic product this is.
Photoshop is now a verb, just like google.That should tell you EVERYTHING.

Whether you are a novice or pro.
If you shoot in RAW or JPEG.

Whatever your requirements, this is for you.
Edit, organise, share, create. Its all available.
And Elements 13 is the most user friendly yet.

Money well spent.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 4:09 PM GMT

Polti Vaporetto Airplus Steam Cleaner
Polti Vaporetto Airplus Steam Cleaner
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Polti Steam Cleaner, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I opened the box of this Polti Valporetto Airplus Steam Cleaner I wondered if I had in fact received a cylinder vacuum cleaner. It looks just like one. However. This is no vacuum cleaner. It is much more.

This is a fantastic steam cleaner.

The body divides into two pieces. The top is for the water that heats up to generate the steam.
The bottom part is for all the attachments, that enable you to do the many jobs that this steam cleaner has the uses for.
Also with this steam cleaner there is the facility to use an air freshener, which I found really good. You get a nice fresh clean smell.

So far I have found that there has been sufficient water for me to do enough jobs I have had to do. It holds 1.6 ltrs.

It has a long lead that allows you to reach most jobs, although there is no easy wind facility for this as there is with most hoovers.

I found the manual that comes with this steamer is very good.

Overall this is a good steam cleaner.
At £130 I feel it represents good value for money.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30