Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Christmas Spirit
The Christmas Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Holiday Read to put You in the Christmas Spirit!, 22 Nov 2014
The Christmas Spirit is my first festive read this year and this lovely feel good story has definitely put me in a Christmassy mood and ready for the coming Yuletide season.

When Natalie arrives in a little village near Loch Lomond in Scotland she knew who needed her help the most and, as she baked her delicious Christmas cakes in the Sugar and Spice Bakery her plans for them started to take shape.

None of them were looking forward to Christmas this year..............

I thought the author really developed each character well for such a short story and I enjoyed it very much. Warm-hearted, cheerful and up-beat, this is the perfect holiday read to put you in the Christmas Spirit.

Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders
Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong Bond., 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the mother of all super glues.

So far I have used it twice, but I would use it again without hesitation, should the need arise.

I would say that care needs to be taken when using this product, such is the bond that it creates.
I would advise the wearing of latex disposable gloves.

If you need to use a white filler, then use talc powder.This works just as well as the black powder supplied.

Super glue does have a place, but Supa Fix will be my go to glue.

Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Offered by UKStocked

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Light, 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice light bulb with an eco friendly use.
It has a small screw fitting, which should fit most wall lights etc.

It gives off a nice light. Not too bright but enough light.
It also promise 20,000 hours of use with an 85% energy saving.

If it lives up to these claims it will have been money well spent.

So far so good.

The Testament of Vida Tremayne
The Testament of Vida Tremayne

5.0 out of 5 stars Tense Atmospheric Psychological Thriller, 18 Nov 2014
The Testament of Vida Tremayne begins with Dory arriving at her mother's cottage to sort out her affairs. Her mother Vida Tremayne, the award winning novelist, is in a catatonic state in hospital but there is no love lost between mother and daughter, Dory's been dreading this moment, she feels sick but why? Already I'm intrigued and curious. She's rarely visited the house on the isolated Shropshire-Welsh border since her mother moved there.

She has a shock when she discovers someone living in the cottage, Rhiannon, who at first appears very willing and anxious to help Dory, who is herself relieved that she can share the burden with Rhiannon. She resents her mother's breakdown, having to visit her, be away from her work and is only too happy for Rhiannon to take all the responsibility from her.

Vida's diary entries give us a real insight into her life and meeting Rhiannon, how lonely she was after her husband left her, how selfish and moody Dory was, how she seems to despise Vida. I felt so sorry for her and really disliked Dory from the start.

But the crux of the story is what happened to Vida, what kind of terrible situation had shocked her so much to put her in a silent world in hospital? The diary entries slowly build up a picture of Vida's life and mental state, how Rhiannon gains her trust, but can she really trust her or is she imagining situations?

I felt the whole story was compelling, the writing was so descriptive and brought the characters alive, the atmosphere was chilling in parts. I changed my mind several times as to what I thought was happening.

Midway through the book I did wonder where it was going, what the writer was trying to say and my concentration did wane slightly but the plot picked up and the tension was eked out till the end.

Overall, a well-written atmospheric psychological thriller.

Kicked to the Curb (Cara Mia Delgatto Mystery Series Book 2)
Kicked to the Curb (Cara Mia Delgatto Mystery Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly more serious Cosy Mystery, but entertaining nonetheless, 16 Nov 2014
The recycling store The Treasure Chest in Florida is Cara's baby, she bought it on impulse and she loves to turn trash into treasure. But sales are a little slow and, to make customers more aware, she organises a media event where she has a slight altercation with local reporter Kathy .......... but when Kathy is found dead Cara becomes the main suspect.

I enjoyed this mystery very much, there was much more depth to it than some cosies I've read and, as a consequence, there was a shortage of lighter moments but this didn't spoil my enjoyment.

I liked Cara, she was determined and ambitious, and I liked her quirky store employees. There was also the beginnings of a possible romance, I also liked the alternate chapters, one featuring Cara and the other featuring Lou, the local Police Detective, each giving a different perspective to the mystery.

An entertaining read.

Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Champ

5.0 out of 5 stars The dogs Boll****, 16 Nov 2014
This is the Ultimate Swiss Army Knife.

I bought this as a present for my husband some months ago.

It has proved to have been a fabulous present.

This knife has all the attachments you may need ...and then some.

Yes, it is expensive at a little under 50 quid. But just look at what you are getting!!!!!!

Oh yes, and it has two sharp blades.

Wonderful

PK Green Set of 12 Colour Changing LED Candles, Mood Lights for Festivals
PK Green Set of 12 Colour Changing LED Candles, Mood Lights for Festivals
Offered by goforgreen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Nov 2014
Beautiful colour changing LED Candles.
As the nights are now dark very early, I put these on around the house.
They give off a very subtle light that gives off a rainbow effect.

Inside a vase they are very effective.

Lovely

iBoutique 300 Extra Bright LED Fairy Lights for Christmas / Gardens, Cool White
iBoutique 300 Extra Bright LED Fairy Lights for Christmas / Gardens, Cool White
Offered by GoEasyWay

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Nov 2014
I am really pleased with these lights.

They are great value for money in my opinion.

They light up very bright and should you require they have lots of functionality.
We tend to just leave them on, on the setting that we like.

They are lovely to put up in the house for parties or just for intimate background light.

It does say they can be used outside, but I will reserve judgement on that as there is no transformer with the lights.

These lights are real good value for money.
I mean 300 lights for a tenner.

Get them for Christmas. You will not be disappointed.

Lifemax Flat Flex Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Lifemax Flat Flex Floor Standing High Vision Reading Light
Offered by Discount-warehouse09

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good reading Lamp, 15 Nov 2014
This lamp came very well packaged and I was able to set it up without too much trouble.

It is very smart and gives off sufficient light for me to read without any problem.

It is stylish and so far I have had no problems.

I like it very much.

Modern Chrome & White 3 Way Round Plate Ceiling Spotlight
Modern Chrome & White 3 Way Round Plate Ceiling Spotlight
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be Light, 15 Nov 2014
This is a beautiful light fitting.
It is very stylish and fits easily.
I used some good quality bulbs and these give off a fantastic light.
I am considering replacing some old ( ish ) fittings with this type.
I love it.