Profile for Mrs. C. Colbert > Reviews

Content by Mrs. C. Colbert

Mrs. C. Colbert (Blackburn, Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mitre Primero Training Ball, White/Navy/Silver, Size 5
Mitre Primero Training Ball, White/Navy/Silver, Size 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Get in the net!!!!!, 22 Oct 2014
What a super football.

I have only had this a day and already all the guys loved it.
We gave it a real good going over with a good game of footy.
It performed wonderfully well.

The manager of my sons team got wind of it and now he wants to use it in match games when he has to supply the ball.

It arrived deflated but it took no time at all in inflate it and off we went.

Great price to for a Primero ball.

Recommended. Back of the net.

Girl Tech Password Journal 8
Girl Tech Password Journal 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets, 22 Oct 2014
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal 8 (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is for my 11 year old niece and she absolutely loves it.
Everything about this shouts " its mine keep your hands off "

It is so girly in bright pink. It is robust. It is a secret diary!!!!!
It has a lot of features that really excite her. Voice recognition. A special invisible ink pen for those little serects that young girls like to keep.

This was very easy to set up.
A fantastic gift for any young girl.
A great price from amazon.

Hold the Dark
Hold the Dark
by William Giraldi
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark and Disturbing but very compelling, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Hold the Dark (Audio CD)
Hold the Dark is one of the most unsettling, shocking and deeply disturbing books I've ever read. But it is also one of the most compelling.

The inhabitants of the Alaskan town of Keelut are not very friendly to outsiders, they look after their own, and they don't appreciate strangers coming and trying to meddle in their affairs. It is a sad and depressing town, but somehow this makes it more readable, more interesting .... what secrets are they hiding?

When the writer, Russell Core, makes a shocking discovery, the woman who had written to him and asked him to help find her son who was taken by wolves then disappears into the pitiless wilds of Alaska. But why? And why won't any of the villagers talk to him or help him?

Some of the incidents in the story are truly shocking, yet didn't stop me reading, I was totally engrossed in this darkest of dark tales, I wanted to know some answers and couldn't put it down. The writing was intelligent, never boring, always moving on, no words were wasted, I felt a sense of foreboding throughout.

A gripping and mysterious thriller that I would recommend to readers who enjoy a darker side to their novels.

EasyAcc Mini Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone for Tablet/Laptops - Titanium Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, 19 Oct 2014
I bought these speakers for my son.

He listens to music from his phone, so these were ideal and cheap.
The performance belies the cost.Superb.Even from his phone.

Recommended for the quality and price.

Bolse® High Output 3-Port USB Car Charger (25W / 5A) Provides Maximum Speed For 3 Devices At Once With SmartIC Technology for Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, 2; LG G2; Motorola and HTC (Build-in Micro USB Cable)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 18 Oct 2014
If, like me you need to have 2/3 devices on the go in the car at the same time this little gem is for you.

With my sat nav, phone and ipod all charging/playing this is ideal.

This adapter is extremely well made and I have been using it everyday for the last month. It has worked every time without exception.
This 3 way device adapter is terrific.
Recommended

Philips LED GU10 4 W Spotlight Warm White Light Bulb (35 W Equivalent, Dimmable, 15,000 Hours)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and Bright, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good led light bulb from a brand leader.

The bulb glows nice and bright and stays cool. This is a very good safety feature, with less chance of a fire occurring.

It uses less power so in the long run it will be a saving on my energy bill. A WIN WIN.

I like this bulb and will start replacing my GU10 bulbs when they blow with these.

Perfect Girl
Perfect Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and fun tale of how strong we can be if we're pushed too far!, 17 Oct 2014
This review is from: Perfect Girl (Kindle Edition)
Perfect Girl has an intriguing start where Carol is being put into a police car ....... then we go back six months to discover how and why.

Carol is 26, has never done anything naughty in her life and is proud of that fact! She tries to be perfect and please everyone because she believes her family count on her and, besides, she loves doing things for them. What's so wrong with that?

The problem is that Carol can't see that her sister is expecting her to make all the plans for her forthcoming wedding saying "There are a million things to take care of but I know we can rely on you completely Carol", a boyfriend that is too busy, too tired, too stressed to make any plans for anything. Not to mention a boss who is not only a perv but a bully who belittles her at every opportunity, even though she's spent a year making a program that will make the bank millions of pounds......and he takes all the credit for it!

Carol is lovely, it's difficult to dislike her but I found myself shouting at her telling her to stick up for herself and that she should be mad as hell for being treated as a doormat by everyone. She has become a master at stamping down her emotions at work, if they can't see them, they can't use them against her she reasons.

Then when something disastrous happens at work Carol's world is turned upside down and she's forced to re-evaluate her whole life, with surprising results!

I enjoyed reading this story, with annoying characters, memorable characters, funny moments, a little romance, though it had far too much detail about the bank's program, most of which went over my head ..... but that didn't spoil my overall enjoyment.

Chic 9ct Oval Amethyst Bracelet of Length 19.5cm
Chic 9ct Oval Amethyst Bracelet of Length 19.5cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational, 16 Oct 2014
This bracelet is truly amazing.

Amethyst is my birth stone and when I was given this as a present I was speechless!!!!!

The look and cut of this bracelet is beautiful and makes me feel so good when I wear it.

It came in a lovely presentation box, which I keep it in.

The length is just right for me. Not too tight and not too slack.

Sensational is the word.

Ninabox Cool Summer Collection [CSC] -- Condensed Wish. White Gold Plated Alloy Jewelry Sets with Good Cut Purple Swarovski Elements Austria Crystal. Pendant Necklace and Drop Earrings Fashion Jewelry Set, Perfect for Weddings and Proms. T000144
Offered by NINABOX.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 Oct 2014
This Pendant and earrings were bought for me as a present.
They are beautiful.
They look really nice on me.
I love the colour and sparkle.
Spectacular.

Playtex Cherish Maxi Brief 3 Pack High Rise Women's Knickers Black Size 14
Playtex Cherish Maxi Brief 3 Pack High Rise Women's Knickers Black Size 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Komfy Kex, 16 Oct 2014
Good fit. I feel really comfy in these.
Better value for money than sloggi in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20