Profile for Ms G A Sinclair > Reviews

Depths
Depths
by Henning Mankell

5.0 out of 5 stars A depth charge in itself, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Depths (Paperback)
This book is historically interesting, providing a clear vision of a world before depth sounding equipment; it is dark, cold, shocking and fiendish in it's ultimate theme. The selfish madness of a man who thinks he is cleverer than all the rest and how he destroys lives to perpetuate any desire. Highly recommended with a warning that it will live with you long after the last few words!

In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People
In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People
by George K Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, well presented, conscience altering.., 21 Aug 2011
I have been living with in an intolerable situation,with what appears to be with a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'....for over 18 months and have spent so long trying to figure out what to do about it - I did not wish to leave my partner, yet my emotional health has been rocked to the core; this book offers a 'reason' why the verbally abusive situation I have been living within has been going on - not necessarily good news, but I felt able to confront him that I 'knew he was fighting with me on every occasion he was losing the power over his own agenda - one that had never been made clear to me and even though I do not know what the actual agenda is, I am able to see that there is actually a 'war' going on - I see through the abusive situations ie covertly putting me down, countering my words, insulting me and most recently not supporting me when another abusive man spoke rudely and threatenly to me in the street - that made me see alot! This book tells how it is and tells how to deal with it - it will not take away the pain caused or necessarily stop the abuse from happening, but at least with more knowledge about why it is going on, it may be possible to reduce the impact on you, if you are the victim and with any luck you (if you are a victim of these damaging behaviour(s)) may be able to deal with it with an idea of what is actually going on, and if you are a perpatrator of this type of passive agression, may you see the light, when what you are doing shows up in the pages of this easily readable, concise and logical book!