Profile for E Marks > Reviews

Content by E Marks

E Marks

Page: 1 | 2
25 Year Life Philips My Vision LED 5w Light Bulb BC B22 Bayonet Cap Warm White 2700k GLS Standard Shape Instant Low Energy Saving 250 Lumen Lamps L.E.D.
Offered by PowerSaveBulbs (UK VAT Registered)
Price: 10.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Red, 13 Oct 2012
This bulb produces a very red white light. Similar to some old cheap incandescent bulbs. Well packaged by the seller (2 boxes no less!). Not a great replacement in my opinion. Think ill use it in my porch light for its 25 year light span .

Chilli Pepper - Satans Kiss - 15 seeds
Chilli Pepper - Satans Kiss - 15 seeds
Offered by Juxi Tech
Price: 0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a window sill, 12 Oct 2012
I've had some great germination rates with these seeds, and the plants themselves are great for indoors. Nice small, leafy plants with lots of fruit close to the stem growing directly up! Also spherical which is a novilty. I'll let you know about the flavor when I get around to eating one :).

Chilli Pepper - Bishop's Crown - 15 seeds
Chilli Pepper - Bishop's Crown - 15 seeds
Offered by Juxi Tech
Price: 0.96

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 12 Oct 2012
I have some fairly good growing conditions in my office and although I managed to get a few of these seeds to germinate, none survived to fully grown plants. Compare this to my dorset nagas planted at the same time and these are thriving (slowly as is their custom). Hopefully you might have better luck, I've got a few left over to try again next year.

Snugg iPhone 5 / 5S Leather Case in Black - Pouch with Card Slot, Elastic Pull Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior for the Apple iPhone 5 / 5S
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: 35.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 12 Oct 2012
I'm a huge fan of pouch cases as I find my phones get a battering in my pocket / bag from keys, loose change, etc. This is a decent case, nice and thin with rigid parts to provide extra protection to your device.

My only issues with it are that I've had it 3 weeks now and there's already wear around the pull tab and that the pull tab although a good idea actually requires 2 hands to operate (my old senna case I could get my old phone out of one handed after it had loosend up).

Finally you won't be able to push the home button while in the case.

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml
Price: 8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Oct 2012
I've been looking to restock my Air dusters for a while and these were the price I expect to pay for dried air. Previously I've bought some from the pound shop and the additives have made a real mess of some of my computer equipment, this product however is clean and dry, perfect for those delicate jobs.

Belkin Laptop Cooling Hub - Black
Belkin Laptop Cooling Hub - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible plug, 12 Oct 2012
Please ensure that if you plan on using this as a hub the power cord is an EU plug and as such you'll need an adapter. Also although my 17" laptop does fit on it I wouldn't like to try typing on it while it was perched on top (I bought this for while my laptop was connected to my desktop set up anyway)

QTX 153.320 20W Mini Strobe
QTX 153.320 20W Mini Strobe
Offered by Sivitec_Direct
Price: 9.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Dim, 12 Oct 2012
I've had a similar small strobe in the past and this one didn't quite live up to my expectations. It's only just bright enough to strobe a small room in the dark and the rate you can't turn it up to isn't very quick. All that said for 5 it cost me it's easily worth 4 stars still.

Razer Megalodon Gaming Headset 7.1 Surround Sound
Razer Megalodon Gaming Headset 7.1 Surround Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent headset, 19 Sep 2012
This is a pretty decent headset, (you'd expect that for the money), high quality, very comfortable, fits nicely over the ears. It's also good looking, comes with a good carry case and is plug and play, no drivers required at all!

The down points I guess is that I've owned a set of 5.1 headphones before with independant drivers that cost a lot less than these and the directional abilty of the 7.1 doesn't quite live up to expectations. The bass for me is lacking (I like explosions to shake my brains!), although clear. Finally the lack of software makes these difficult to set up, I want to test the channels independatly for volume to set them up correctly and doing this in game I never get it quite right. Also I havn't used the mic much yet but playing with it it's not great at cancelling out background noise.

Hotpoint Grill pan Complete
Hotpoint Grill pan Complete
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 13.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Hotpoint Grill pan Complete
The item arrived without a wire rack and there is no option to contact this seller. I've had to return the item for a refund. Luckily I've found a similar grilpan at a local store for 9.99, bargin!

Bicycle Cycle Bike Mount with Hard Tough Waterproof Case for the Apple iPhone 4 / 4G, Black & White Editions
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK
Price: 27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw, 7 April 2012
On originally seeing the product it seemed like a fairly sturdy well made piece of kit. The product it made of 3 parts. The phone case, the handle bar grip, and a clip that fits between the two. The problem lies with the handle bar grip, the rotating mechanism screws into a metal bolt which is only held in by pressure. Eventually the weight of my iPhone going over bumpy terrain wiggled it all apart. Ive now 'fixed'this with some epoxy, but not till after my phone was thrown down the road. If you have one keep an eye out for movement and avoid bumpy roads. Also be aware if you have thick handle bars you'll have to edit the handle bar grip as its not adjustable enough.
Update - Epoxy didn't hold, obviously too much strain on the joint with the phone being too high.

Page: 1 | 2