Profile for Dave > Reviews

Bridge Over Troubled Water
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Simon and Garfunkel, 28 April 2013
I purchased this CD because I alredy own the LP of the same name. My intention has been to covert all of my vlnyl records i. 45's EP's and LP's to CD's, but this CD was such a good price it is probably much easier than converting the LP. I would certainly recommend this CD to anyone.

One Cold Night
One Cold Night
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 28 April 2013
This review is from: One Cold Night (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished reading this book, and found it very good, and a very enjoyably read. Although I found difficulty putting it down over the last chapters it was not quite as compulsive as the other books I have purchased. I would certainly revommend this book to anyone who likes this kind of fictional read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Making it easier with a stylus, 28 April 2013
Having used this stylus for a while now, I must confess that I was not overly happy with it initially. I purchased an app on drawing for my Kindle and find drawing on a bit of a non starter as my fingers are too large to draw neatly. I purchased the stylus to help me with this problem, assuming that the pen would have a point on one end, but alas not so, this has not helped me in drawing. It has however been very useful in general use with the Kindle particularilry with using the onscreen typing. Would suggest people check more than I did prior to purchase.

Periodic Table
Periodic Table
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping up to speed, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Periodic Table (App)
I worked in the Petrochemical industry for many years, and had to reference the periodic table. My final years in this employment saw me as the Team Leader of a training team for new starters to this vocation, and so had to inform/teach young people about tis subject. I have recommended this subject to many people in the past. I thought this app would help me keep in touch with the subjct.

Famous Paintings
Famous Paintings
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable App, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Famous Paintings (App)
One of my hobbies is sketching and painting, in that order. Art is something I am revisiting after many years, and it is good to restart at the beginning to remind myself of what is required. Hence the books on drawing.

The Best Of Brenda Lee
The Best Of Brenda Lee
Price: 5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab CD of Brenda Lee, 28 April 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Brenda Lee (Audio CD)
I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to this CD. Reminds me of happy days gone by. I have never owned a record or CD of this artist, but used to like hearing it when I was a teenager. Listening to this CD remided me of songs that I had forgotten. Fantastic.

The Art of Portrait Drawing: Learn the Essential Techniques of the Masters
The Art of Portrait Drawing: Learn the Essential Techniques of the Masters
Price: 9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Portrait drawing essentials learned, 27 Mar 2013
I am very pleased with this learning opportunity, I must confess I was not expecting charcoal drawing. I have only ever drawn with pencil, but I have learned a great deal about charcoal and am considering maybe trying some charcoal. I would consider working through this book with one of my grandchildren who is very keen on sketching, and, enjoys asking how to achieve things.

Blood Guilt (A crime thriller novel with a unique premise)
Blood Guilt (A crime thriller novel with a unique premise)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable book can see this being made into a movie, 3 Mar 2013
I enjoyed this novel. The story line was addictive, I could not
Put it down on many occasions. The plot was believable and
I can imagine. How guilt could can affect one's mind. A very
Well written novel

Blue Planet : Complete BBC Series (Special Edition 4 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Blue Planet : Complete BBC Series (Special Edition 4 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Planet what a gem, 22 Feb 2013
Watching under water programmes like this is one of my real pleasures in life. I have the VHS video of the series which I have
watched as well as seeing the programme when televised. My problem is that my video recorder/player is starting to play up by
means of chewing tapes, so these tapes I did not want to loose. I have therefore been reluctant to feed these videos into the
machine. I was going through your email and came upon this boxed set and thoght my DVD player is working fine so why not
treat myself to a set and carry on watching them on a rainy day, so thank you.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hide and Seek what a first book, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hide and Seek (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy reading, and was not sure about this novel as it was the authors first. The sayng do not judge in haste is the right one for
this novel. I could not put it down, I had come up with about three different endings, but not the one in the novel. Congratulations
to the author P S Brown, from me,as I really enjoyed the plot. What an imagination, I will look out for the second novel and will
probably read that one as well

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6