Profile for D. Mclaughlin > Reviews

Content by D. Mclaughlin

D. Mclaughlin (UK, London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Reflex Nutrition  BCAAs  - 500 Capsules
Reflex Nutrition BCAAs - 500 Capsules
Offered by Anarchy Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Jun. 2016
Been using these for years, great product and have consistently been recommended from trainers that I talk to when discussing supplements.
Also a fantastic price on Amazon...

Reflex Nutrition  Shaker Bottle  700ml
Reflex Nutrition Shaker Bottle 700ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product, 7 Jun. 2016
Solid Shaker, had numerous Maximuscle shakers and all have ended up leaking, this is made from a different type of plastic or polymer.
I sadly still put my hand under the neck of the shaker when drinking from it, just a force of habit I need to stop, years of using the Maximuscle ones has grained it into my brain.

You cannot go wrong with this.....

Betron B750s Earphones Headphones, High Definition, in-ear, Tangle Free, Noise Isolating , HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars These do a fantastic job of keeping the outside world getting in, 7 Jun. 2016
I have broken or lost numerous pairs of Sennheisser in-ear type headphone over the years so I wanted some new in-ears that would cancel the outside world on the commute to my new job. But also not going to be gutted if I lose them or they break within 6 months.

Noise cancelling
ok so before on the tube all I could hear was the carriage rattling and the over amplified automated announcements. Deafening me and stopping
me from listening to my music or watching a movie. These do a fantastic job of keeping the outside world getting in. The phones come in with an assortment of rubber seals, for replacement or to find that ‘just right fit’ the rubber is of a good quality. I’m not an expert on rubber but these are certainly not going to tear easily and not too tough that you could make a pair of wellies out of them.

Sound
Initially I was so used to the tinny sound that the iphones buds produced that these initially seemed a little muffled, as they were advertised as heavy bass. However after time and just getting them into your ears properly the sound is really good. I’m no audiophile by any stretch of the imagination. but these are great little phones, the sound does carry a nice weighty bass, albeit at the sacrifice for some clarity on but if you have EQ settings this can be rectified. That is my only gripe really.

Quality
The physical build quality of these is impressive, the ribbon cable is pretty heavy duty, they still tangle but not to the degree other types do, they can be unravelled pretty quickly. The ribbon cable seems sturdy at both ends of connection, to the jack and the actual buds. The actual coating on the cable is quite clingy, I guess it is the matt finish. So if you carry a backpack or something you can at times pull the headphones out of your ears.

The bottom line is these are 12 quid, I’m through with spending large amounts of cash on phones I only use for work or the gym. These are great and I’m very pleased. I own a pair of 5 year old Sennheisser HD 555’s for gaming and listening to music at home.

I was massively surprised with these, that isn’t to take anything away from the product or the company. For the price you really don’t expect to get anything this good.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2016 3:54 PM BST

Mustard Shark Fin Ice Tray
Mustard Shark Fin Ice Tray
Offered by BigLook2

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice cold fins, really decent little ice tray., 28 July 2015
Ice cold fins. They actually float upright too.

L Exped Fold Drybag Ultralite Royal Blue 13 Litre
L Exped Fold Drybag Ultralite Royal Blue 13 Litre
Offered by Tamarack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 28 July 2015
Fantastic liner for a small backpack. Fantastic quality and super quick delivery and service.

15W SES Cap 240v Clear 300ºC Pygmy Oven Lamp
15W SES Cap 240v Clear 300ºC Pygmy Oven Lamp
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine bulb, 28 July 2015
Great price, great little bulb.

Beyondfashion 17.5cm x 13cm x 12cm Double Stirrup Multi Gym Cable Attachment Home Workout Handles Holds Hands Firmly

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 July 2015
11.50? couldn't believe how cheap it was. The price definately does not reflect the quality. Awesome bit of kit. Very happy with it.
Slowly building up a home gym so trying to shave a few quid off every purchase. Solid grip and is very sturdy. I use it on my 7ft Olympic Bar for T-Bar rows and it fulfills the function perfectly.

Image Pro II heavy duty squat stands for standard or olympic bar / barbell - adjustable uprights - spotter catchers / safety bars - 180 kg weight load - white - RRP £195 - can be used with a dumbbell flat / incline / decline bench for bench press

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bang for Buck stand, 14 July 2015
Had this for about 3 months now. I must say I am pleasantly suprised by it, no disrespect to the manufacturer. It is just cheap for what it is. I didn't want to spend 100+ for one and this came in on budget. It arrived black even though it states they are white, I wanted black so suited with it. Very easy to assemble. Comes with those flat pack spanners so if you don't have any tool sat home can be constructed with them. However better to use better quality tools if you own them.

Perfect for benching and squatting (for me at the moment anyway). I'm not going to be using this for more than 100Kg on squats and benching up to the same weight, currently pushing 80kg. Would look to upgrade when I move to somwhere with suitable space and room. Currently using in the spare room or on the roof terrace when the weather is fair.

The supports are stable and when you place extra weights on the bottom adds extra support when performing either squats or bench. The supports/spotters run up and down the vertical colums and have a spring loaded pin than needs to be pulled out then slotted into a corresponding hole to secure. Then can be screwed in to offer more support and stop the thing from rattling. There is also an additional set of pins which can be used as 'quick adjusters' for squat or even used under the moveable spotters as a fall back should the main pins shear (god forbid).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2014 Elite Mechanical USB Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2014 Elite Mechanical USB Gaming Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality and a decent keyboard. Does what it says on the tin., 30 May 2015
For years I used a simple SAITEK eclipse. It did the job and did it well. At some point in my gaming career I started to push out and buy expensive kit. I have no idea why...as I'm no pro but I like quality and good customer service. RAZER mice have always been nothing but fantastic....always. I still have my copperhead and it is fantastic. So I thought I would try their range of keyboards.

This is the second keyboard I have bought from RAZER. The previous one was the RAZER deathstalker. That was junk. Great lights, very wide and flat keyboard. Took a while to get used to the chiclet keys but it developed a fault or had it from the word go. Repeating characters randomly. So sent it back.

Then I took the plunge as I wanted a mechanical keyboard as the other market leaders boards weren't really getting great reviews. Now this keyboard is well made with a lovely matt finish. Very bright green glow, which is adjustable to your desired setting to humble glow to retina stripping visual citric acid. Brilliant for use in a completey dark room at night.

The keyboard itself is of a regular size. However due to the inclusion of the 'M keys' everything is shifted over. So when I first got this my muscle memory and positioning of hands took a while searching out the keys. So if your moving from a regular keyboard be wary of this. Especially if you play a lot of CS or other competitive style games. As it gets a pain in the hoop until you get used to it. I also have quite big hands so this doesn't help either. I wish there was an option without the M keys and increase the spacing of the keys.

I opted for this stealth keyboard over the regular one. I know people have differing interpretations of what words mean etc but to label this as 'stealth' is a bit of an awkward one as it is noisey. I held off buying a mech keyboard for a long while due to being quite a punchy typer. But was in the market for one and moving from membrane to this is a very noticeable increase in typing sound. On TS my mates can hear me thumping away but I use a seperate mic attached to my headphones over using a boom mic. However I also use voice activation, so this could be avoided by using 'push to talk' I guess.

The response of the keys seems to be ok I'm no expert so all this talk of differing key pressure etc goes over my head. RAZER have used their own version of swithces so I'm not sure how they square up to the standard switches on offer (blues, Brown, Reds etc) They feel tactile and offer a sufficient resistance but not so much thet you are wellying down on the keys.

Overall I love the keyboard the build quality is fantastic and have had no problems with it thus far. The lights are great. The software I don't really use that often but have used the macros for 'Men of War AS2 'and they are useful if you can train your brain into the yoga positions required to operate the keys. There is no palm rest that I have been used to on previous keyboards but that didn't really bother me or put any unecessary strain on my wrists. The angles for raising the keyboard are pretty minimal, flat to raised by one setting but raised works for me ok.

The pass through for mic and headphones is useful and the USB is also useful when I plug my Wacom tablet into it. If you have the cash and are curious the only real way to find out if it is for you is to get one. I use it daily in Creative Suite, as I work freelance from home as a designer so It is also good as a regular day to day keyboard, as I have seen discussions where this may have been a concern for some.

Ozeri Kandle by Ozeri Germany II Reading Lamp for eBook Reader Black KA2A-B
Ozeri Kandle by Ozeri Germany II Reading Lamp for eBook Reader Black KA2A-B
Offered by Ozeri UK

5.0 out of 5 stars That said It is a great powerful light, 30 May 2015
Very bright, could do with a few more settings to dim it. That said It is a great powerful light, with a clip that could stem blood flow in an emergency.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5