Profile for Anonymous > Reviews

Content by Anonymous

Anonymous (Wellingborough, Northants United Kingdom)

CATERING ALUMINIUM TEAPOT 8 PINT - TRADE QUALITY GREAT VALUE!
CATERING ALUMINIUM TEAPOT 8 PINT - TRADE QUALITY GREAT VALUE!
Offered by York Catering Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Catering Teapot, 11 Dec. 2011
Just what we wanted and despatched promptly. I will look at this site again for anmy of our catering requirements

Atonement
Atonement
by Ian McEwan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 31 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Atonement (Paperback)
I started reasing this book one saturday and I have to admit I found it very hard to put down. I'd only ever read Enduring Love of McEwan's before and found that even more exciting, mainly because of the start and the fact that there were many twists in the tale. The first part of Atonement, set in a family house and grounds in the 1930's is incredibly written- sensitive, mysterious and gripping. The plot moves on but into a different decade and focussing soley on one character, then again in part three to another character. Fans of war novels will enjoy these parts, as McEwan's depiction of war time on the battle field and in the hospitals is realistic and moving. However I found the end slightly disappointing, not really because of the story but because the perspective changes from an impartial onlooker without an identity to a character we have observed throughout the novel. I found this view slightly biased and odd to read, and although the resolution of events at the end is fascinating I found that a few details and characters in the story were overlooked.