Profile for Contiman > Reviews

Contiman (UK)

Roberts Record R DAB/FM RDS/SD Digital Portable Radio Recorder
Roberts Record R DAB/FM RDS/SD Digital Portable Radio Recorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost ticks all my boxes, 25 Oct. 2013
The only box it does not tick is the inability to delete recorded files from the radio without tranferring the SD card to a computer. It is not easy to identify what you have already listened to when on computer to delete files.

Otherwise it has great tone, adequate recording settings and long battery life when used to playback recordings. My initial discomfort with the file nomenclature was shortlived. It is entirely logical once one gets used to it. I regularly rename the files by inserting an additional word or two to help find what I want to listen to. I used to frequently do 5 hour drives with a non DAB car radio with poor reception and of course could only listen to current broadcasts. Now I won't do a long distance drive without my Roberts DAB Record in playback mode so that I can listen to my favourite programmes. The controls buttons are safer than the fitted car radio and are easily manipulated without ever taking my eye off the road. 5 hours fly by and I have been known to sit in the car for an extra 5 or 10 minutes at the end of my journey just to hear the end of a recording.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2013 9:03 PM GMT