Profile for Mr. T. J. Blackburn > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. J. Blac...

Mr. T. J. Blackburn "Terry" (UK)

ECAM22110SB Bean To Cup Magnifica Automatic Espresso Machine in Silver
ECAM22110SB Bean To Cup Magnifica Automatic Espresso Machine in Silver
Offered by Hughes Direct
Price: 332.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but with its downside, 18 Aug 2013
I have been pulling my own espresso for over 5 years now, using mainly low end Delonghi machines. Being reasonably happy with them I thought I would plump for another Delonghi but went for a bean to cup machine to give me more control.
Having bid on around 3-4 of the Esam4200 I ended up getting a Ecam 22110sb for around 200, a really good price I thought.
My first attempt was a very wishy washy affair mainly because I had not adjusted the bean grind to suit my need. I like a very VERY strong espresso base for my Cappuccinos. Having thrown that one away, I decided to read the instructions more fully. Infact, I kept the instructions out by the machine for another few days. That, I would suggest, is a must. If for no other reason, than the plethora of flashing lights and variations of said lights. Wow !
what a complicated thing to remember when new. However,after a week, the manual is history, and I am 99% sure I know what to do without it now.
Well ! having said that, I still cant seem to workout how to froth my milk. I have tried the tip low the tip high and every which way in between. The problem seems to be that it actually heats the milk up too quick which doesn't give enough time to stretch the milk. Nonetheless I am working on it and results up till now have improved to acceptable limits.
There are a couple of moans though. The first one is the amount of water I have been getting through. It has doubled !
Reason is it does a pre heat flush and clean as you switch on, and again as you switch off. Disposing of almost a double espresso amount each time.
Which when there is only one person drinking coffee and you are using bottled water, you tend to notice these things. If you leave it on,it will switch off after 3 hours as well.
Still water is cheap so no big deal I suppose. The other moan is, again regarding water, this one is after a few weeks or around 50-60 coffees, it now starts flashing red lights at me,to say that it needs a de scale. Got to be joking right? I am using bottled water !
Looking at the manual, it also says that I must use Delonghi De-scaler at around 11 a bottle. No siree Bob will I be doing that.
I did think that if I descaled without actually using the fluid it would not know the difference, Wrong ! it knows. I dont know, maybe I was doing it wrong, I'll check the manual and try again. But as yet the coffee tastes great and the machine is brilliant.
Especially like the look and the size. Its no more noisy than you would expect, besides, it's all over in a flash so you dont have to put up with it for long.
To summarise, its nice to look at does a pretty good job is quick and quiet ish.
If you can get this for around 200 its great value. Would I replace it with the same ? . . . . .Yes
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2013 9:15 AM BST

Day Fishing Unhooking/Landing Mat!!
Day Fishing Unhooking/Landing Mat!!
Offered by carp-corner
Price: 6.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as chips, 12 Aug 2013
Does what is says. OK for money, where you have to have one, it takes up little space and yet you could unhook a 20 on it, just.

Berkley Trilene Fluorocarbon Clear Line 6 lb, 0.25mm, 110yds
Berkley Trilene Fluorocarbon Clear Line 6 lb, 0.25mm, 110yds
Offered by Basstastic Fishing Supplies
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Its Wrinkly, 12 Aug 2013
It might be strong and thin. But its memory is too good and curls off the reel twists and knots. Bad buy
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2014 9:06 PM BST

Rave Coffee The Italian Job Fresh Roasted Coffee Beans Classic Italian Blend 1 Kg
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, 12 Aug 2013
I am on the lifelong search for the best tasting coffee bean. I think I will stop here for a long while. I have just ordered and received in 2 days !!!! (thank you RAVE) 3Kgs of coffee 1 Signature 2 Italian Job. So far I have demolished 1Kg of Italian Job in less than 2 weeks. This is going to cost me. Not that its that expensive, Its just that I need strong coffee and like to drink at least 3 per day. In fact as we speak, I am sitting down to a 4 shotter cappuccino.
To all that love coffee,buy this from Rave, you will not be disappointed.

0.33L 330ml Stainless Steel Coffee Frothing Milk Jug Latte by Andrew James
0.33L 330ml Stainless Steel Coffee Frothing Milk Jug Latte by Andrew James
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Quality, 22 July 2013
This is a top quality product that will last for many years. It looks superb,much better than I expected from the picture.

Mini 300 Lumen CREE Q5 Zoomable and Focus Adjustable LED Flashlight Torch With Waterproof Design
Offered by Buyin-now-UK
Price: 1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Good novelty torch, 22 July 2013
Buy one. . . Buy many, because for 3 they are great stocking fillers, and no man or boy would be disappointed.

MENS WAX COTTON JACKET HUNTING SHOOTING WALKING FISHING RIDING COUNTRYSIDE JACKET COAT BROWN SIZE L (48-50'' CHEST)
Offered by WWK
Price: 26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, good value, 22 July 2013
A quick review, as the hot weather has stopped me wearing it.But I did use it for a week in pouring rain and wind with temperatures around the sub 10 degrees. I found it has very good weather protection, and also keeps me warm while both walking around taking pictures, but also warm enough while sitting down to fish. So far so good. I like this a lot up tillnow, but it needs more crap weather before I can be more helpful.
In a nut shell, it looks great feels great does a great job but the fit/cut could be better. worthy of the 4 out of 5 though.

50 Peaks By Hi-Tec Men's Densmore's Peak Smokey Brown/Taupe/Saffron Hiking Shoe P001208/042/01 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, Good Price, 22 July 2013
I have not done too much walking in these just yet, so it's not a full review. I am quite awkward when it comes to footwear, because (like most) one foot is smaller than the other. Problem is, that my small foot is exactly a size 8 which normally means that the large foot has to squeeze in a bit. The reason I don't get a nine,is that I tend to rattle in them.
Anyway, once I received them it was a good few weeks before I needed them, however, I was a bit tempted to return them for being too small. So glad I kept them though, because although they are still a bit tight,they are such a great boot to walk in if you are looking to buy a mid range walking boot,you will not be disappointed with these.
I find them quite light and very well built with just one draw back !! they are too warm ! lol wont be a problem come October but right now in the hottest weather I have experienced in many a year, they are a bit too warm.
All in all, a fantastic, quality boot, well worth the price.

Stealth Camo Tape - Woodland Camo - Rifle Wrap
Stealth Camo Tape - Woodland Camo - Rifle Wrap
Offered by Savage Island
Price: 4.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful but does the job . . . . . . . sort of, 22 July 2013
I didn't buy this for a rifle, I bought it to try and disguise my 500mm Sigma lens. It works as I expected, but you need to leave it alone once on, because it does not like sticking for the second time. What did I expect? Well,I kind of expected it to be re usable unfortunately it really isn't. For the price, its OK and I would buy again, probably for the same job as I don't have much hope for it lasting too long.