Profile for Victoria Mcnaught > Reviews

Content by Victoria Mcnaught

Victoria Mcnaught "Vix0r" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Offered by End of Lines North East Ltd
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Veet- some sort of wizards!, 3 Jan 2014
I've been getting my legs salon waxed for a while after issues with epilating and shaving, so thought I'd give this a try. WOW, VEET, what magic is this??

During my very first go there were no hitches. I have lovely smooth legs.

I left it to heat up for about half an hour, then firmly applied the pink wax which comes out in a thin, sticky layer. You get 12 strips, but only need 1 for each half a leg. I didn't flip mine, which was easier to press the strip on my leg. I left the device plugged in as I waxed, which kept it at a constant temperature, and could not believe how quick and simple it was. I was genuinely surprised as I expected the sticky trauma that waxing normally is. There was NO mess and I found 1 of the 4 wipes provided was enough to wipe down my legs after. I genuinely love it.

I have no idea how long one refill will last but even if I have to buy one a month I'm still saving loads compared to what I was paying before. So I'll definitely be recommending this to my friends, but feel sorry for the salon who've lost a customer!

Lost Horizons
Lost Horizons

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: Lost Horizons (Audio CD)
I love this album. It's exciting, relaxing, fun, astounding and beautiful all in one. I had never heard of Lemon Jelly before I came across the video for Nice Weather For Ducks, which is fantastic, and now I'm really glad I have! It really calms me down after a stressful day and whisks me away into fantasy land where men ramble all over the world, ducks swim happily, spacemen are captured in moments of beauty and people conduct odd and scary sounding experiments. It's also very good music to work to.

One Of The Boys
One Of The Boys
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun album to listen to., 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
I bought this one after having bought her second album and was actually surprised at how much I came to like it! Whenever I had heard Hot 'n' Cold on the radio I hadn't been bothered, but from actually listening to the album as a whole I'm now pretty fond of it, and all the others on this. It's not quite as good as her second, but I'd really recommend this.

If you're a parent buying it for a young daughter, listen to the songs yourself first before deciding if you're happy giving it to your kid or not. I know there's bound to be some out there who'd be a bit reluctant, so this is a heads up. =P

Teenage Dream
Teenage Dream
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars This made me a Perry fan., 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: Teenage Dream (Audio CD)
I'm not a Perry fanatic, and used to despise her, but I really love this CD! After listening to it for a while at a friend's I ended up buying my own. The music can be very changeable in style, going from happy pop to nostalgic to slightly sinister almost but it all works very well together.

I've seen some of the reviews parents have posted on here about how shocked they were so I will say this- don't go buying this for your young daughters expecting the happy clappy pop other artists produce and aim at kids. This isn't for them. There's a reason it says explicit lyrics at the top.

Samsung S5570 Galaxy Mini Sim Free Smartphone
Samsung S5570 Galaxy Mini Sim Free Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not love this phone more if I tried!, 8 July 2011
I've not been an avid phone user, this being the fourth I've ever owned, so can't compare it to others on the market. What I can say is that it not only met but exceeded my expectations of what a phone could ever be so much so that it blew me away. Whoooosh! Like that.

The main, and slightly most boring bit, is that it works as a mobile, which you would hope. The dial buttons, contact list, texts and such are easy to access and use. There are several on-screen keyboard layouts and as you tilt the phone the screen swaps with you from vertical to horizontal, which makes the keyboard bigger. The sound is clear and the phone even knows when you hold it up to your face and locks the screen so no pushing buttons with your ear!

The phone itself is very easy to use with the combination of touch screen and buttons being much more versatile than I thought. The screen is crisp and the sound is clear. It can be a little slow at times but people who get picky over that really must be impatient- I have no problem with waiting a second or two. You have the main pages with all the applications and then your own home pages which you can customise with wallpapers (you can get moving ones too), applications, widgets for weather and Twitter, and so on.

The wifi is great so you don't need to have mobile internet. You can just use your own and connect via that. I love being able to have Skype on my mobile- free calls to other Skype users. You can even get MSN, eBay and the likes. Just search on the Android Market which is PACKED with things to download, some for free and some for very cheap (games for 62p for example) which you pay for with a credit card and not your balance.

The phone has plenty with music players and games. You can even get emulators, such as ScummVM and ones to play Megadrive games. Monkey Island wherever I go? I nearly exploded!

If you're into developing you can even make things for the phone in Java, which has got my boyfriend enthusing, and even offer them on the Android Market

I knew I wanted to be with Vodafone and that I wanted this phone in white, so I would heartily say it was worth paying the extra 40 to get the sim free phone here. Very easy to swap sim cards about.

I tried to cover everything I'd have wanted to know before buying, but I can honestly say I would recommend this phone to everyone. I have never been so happy nor enthusiastic about a phone before, nor have I ever had one do so much.

Shewee Extreme
Shewee Extreme
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact and useful set., 23 Jan 2011
Bought for a member of the family who loves to travel and adventure, and she loves it. Apparently very easy to use (haven't tried one myself but can imagine it would come in very handy even on transport journeys or in public toilets where the hygiene leaves much to be desired) and comes in a neat little case. Very much thinking of getting my own one day too!

Outdoor Survival Handbook: A Guide To The Resources And Materials Available In The Wild And How To Use Them For Food, Shelter,Warmth And Navigation
by Ray Mears
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars My mum loves this book., 23 Jan 2011
Bought for my mum, who loves survivalist and outdoor things. She'd read it before I'd managed to ask her how she liked it as a present. It seems to be packed full of useful things, but as I haven't read it myself, the only comment I can make is that it's a great gift to get this sort of person! She now takes it camping and adventuring with her.

Eddingtons Onion Goggles
Eddingtons Onion Goggles
Price: 17.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly excellent!, 23 Jan 2011
I bought these for my dad at christmas. They were part joke and part serious as he always suffers at the hands of onions. I'd seen a few reviews saying how much people loved using them and this is another. He laughed when he opened them but when it came to chopping onions he popped them on and had to come find me to tell me how great they were. They formed a perfect seal around his eyes and he didn't have to leave the room due to stinging once. I tried them on too and they're very comfy! They even come in their own special shaped plastic holder to store them in. They now have a permanent place in the kitchen!

Verbatim 53011 500GB USB 2.0 - 2.5 inch External Hard Disk Drive - Blue
Verbatim 53011 500GB USB 2.0 - 2.5 inch External Hard Disk Drive - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A colourful wonder., 23 Jan 2011
This hard drive is fantastic. It's so easy to use, compatible with Linux (tried in Ubuntu), and such a portable size. I was expecting much bigger but this will fit in pockets or bags no problem! It's not a cheap make either. It feels very sturdy. It's very easy to use. Just plug it in and it works like a regular flash drive with folders and drag and drop, etc. The black strip only runs around the edges so if you're looking for colour then you've got it! I'm not one for black and white minimalist things so this vibrant hard drive is perfect for me.

The only reason it gets four stars, and not the five it would otherwise deserve, is due to the fact that it lacks 36GB. I'm used to memory cards and so on not being their full specified potential, but what takes 36GB before it's used? Still, that does leave me with a lot of room, so I'd still heartily recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality and good value buy.

SanDisk SDMSPD-008G-B35 8 GB Pro Duo Gaming Memory Stick with MagicGate
SanDisk SDMSPD-008G-B35 8 GB Pro Duo Gaming Memory Stick with MagicGate
Price: 22.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star card., 23 Jan 2011
If buying this card from Amazon (I didn't buy from a seller so can't comment on that) then fret not. The card is genuine, well packaged and fantastic! I bought this for my PSP and now it can happily hold more games than I can afford to buy for it. The packaging is that sealed plastic and cardboard medley though, so get the scissors and some patience ready.

Page: 1 | 2