Profile for Adrian > Reviews

We Never Give Up: 2012/13 Peterborough United Season Diary
We Never Give Up: 2012/13 Peterborough United Season Diary
by Jamie Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Posh pain, 11 Jun. 2013
A fan's eye view of a season when the author was convinced Posh would stay up but they went down. It's from the heart and it hurts. Darren Ferguson's honest view of Barry Fry is included. As are the details of the author crying - a lot - as Posh went down at Palace last day of the season. Laugh at others' misery, suspend your disbelief as I actually get a prediction right, and feel relieved because as Posh go down, there but for the grace of God go all of you. Enjoy, well worth it.

"Squeeze": Song by Song (Song By Song)
"Squeeze": Song by Song (Song By Song)
by Jim Drury

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant insight, 22 Nov. 2004
Bought this in 2004 and despite being a massive Squeeze fan I didn't appreciate it at first. But as time has gone on I have begun to love this book more and more. Great stuff, the authors can be proud.

Domino
Domino
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The Forgotten Album, 22 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Domino (Audio CD)
I always considered myself a massive Squeeze fan but after seeing them live for the umpteenth time in 96, and enjoying "Ridiculous" I kinda missed out on "Domino" for no apparent reason. It brought no single success, was not fanfared, and signalled the end of the band so I kinda fell out of love with the album before buying it or hearing it. So 6 years on I got a copy and listened with awe.
Had this been marketed properly 3 songs would have surely charted - Little King, Play On and If You Were Here. Domino has an awesome bass line. Short Break is one of the most adventurous songs they've attempted and it works for me. For real Squeeze fans Moving Story is a must listen - a kind of sequel to Up The Junction.
It's not their best album but for me it is right up there on the next rung below East Side Story and Babylon and On.
It's well worth buying, believe me.