Profile for Madeleine Jones > Reviews

Content by Madeleine Jones

Madeleine Jones

The Rough Guide to Paris (Rough Guide Travel Guides)
The Rough Guide to Paris (Rough Guide Travel Guides)
by Ruth Blackmore

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable Guide to Paris, 19 Sep 2007
I have just returned from a two day trip to Paris, during which I managed to pack in pretty much everything I wanted to do. Paris may be a well discovered city with landmarks as recognisable as your own house, but as this was my first trip to the city, I needed all the help I could get with metro lines and advice.
This book was invaluable. With a rough idea of the places I wanted to go, this book really helped me to form a decent plan from the moment I landed in Paris to the moment I departed. Add a couple of to the stated prices, as they have of course already increased, and this book will be your Bible for discovering the city, particularly if time if of the essence.
Nevertheless, one thing I failed to find whilst reading through this book, was the suggestion of taking an open top bus tour, of which there are four routes covered by one ticket; the main tour takes in all the most famous sights, apart from the Bastille, Sacre-Coeur and Moulin Rouge, but these are covered by the other buses. For a first visit with little time, that is a fabulous way to see the city, and personally I think it should have been included.
But nevertheless, if you are going to Paris, buy this book!! It will tell you all you need to know, and more.

Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who Series Three, 3 Aug 2007
I have just read all the reviews here, and it strikes me as a little narcissistic that so many reviewers have written "this was the best episode", "this was the worst", because "the best" and "the worst" are relative. What one person finds terrifying, another finds exciting. What one person finds fantastic, another finds awful. That is what Doctor Who is about. If you are a fan, you will like the box set. It's as simple as that.

If You Could See Me Now
If You Could See Me Now
by Cecelia Ahern

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Feb 2006
I was eagerly awaiting the release of Cecelia Ahern's thrid novel, having been gripped by the first two. However, it took me ages to get into this book and even half way through I was considering giving up with it. I would recommend reading this book, although don't expect it to be as good as the previous two ... be prepared for something slightly more abstract and don't be surprised if it's not for you! Come on Cecelia, you can do better than this ...

Can You Keep A Secret?
Can You Keep A Secret?
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Book - Absolute Must Read!, 18 Feb 2005
This review is from: Can You Keep A Secret? (Paperback)
I loved this book so much! I couldn't put it down and read it in 3 hours!! The story is interesting - a little predictable, but it's the kind of thing everyone can identify with.
Excellent - 10/10